Options

[PA Comic] Friday, January 4, 2013 - A Timely Communique

2»

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Came into this thread to have a light hearted laugh over how the script that randomly crops thumbnails for the front page has gained sentience.

But shit, apparently humor is frowned upon in here.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Came into this thread to have a light hearted laugh over how the script that randomly crops thumbnails for the front page has gained sentience.

well, Erica handpicked the crop for this comic.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    There needs to be a rebirth of schools for ettiquette and manners.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I'd settle for a school for parenthood.

• Options
    RJFireRJFire Registered User new member

That comic really wasn't funny. The video brings up a valid problem of sexual harassment. In our culture we tell women not to get assaulted but don't often tell men not to assault. Moreover, many attendees at these cons do have social skills issues and may even be on the autism spectrum. I saw the video as helpful.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Seems like the people who made the video liked it at least.

9Uhap.png

• Options
    RJFireRJFire Registered User new member
    Well if they like I guess its alright.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    RJFire wrote: »
    Well if they like I guess its alright.

I think that's what's most important when it comes to jokes.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

Sadly, this is probably true.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Ryan A. ElliottRyan A. Elliott Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    People are angry over this?

They're satirizing a good video in their own way that is ALSO hysterically funny not because of the subject matter they're satirizing, but because of the hilarious portrayal of the innate perversity of Gabe the character.

That's it. I wish people would be less dumb.

Ryan A. Elliott on
  • Options
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

Sadly, this is probably true.

Well, they're still printing this:
    18th-Edition-Cover-WO-428x487.jpg

• Options
    A Very Perturbed MarmosetA Very Perturbed Marmoset Registered User regular
    RJFire wrote: »

That comic really wasn't funny. The video brings up a valid problem of sexual harassment. In our culture we tell women not to get assaulted but don't often tell men not to assault. Moreover, many attendees at these cons do have social skills issues and may even be on the autism spectrum. I saw the video as helpful.

Yes we do. Boys hear it all throughout school. There are laws against it. You can get fired for sexual harassment; and not even necessarily for harassment, but for something being interpreted as harassment. Men are even socially admonished for staring at attractive women.

Men are told not to harass women, and to treat them with deference from the time they're born. It doesn't mean men aren't told this, just because some men don't listen to this.

If you show up to a convention full of sex-starved nerds, dressed as some nerd's comic book crush, you will get stared at and you will get unwanted attention. Why? Because there are some guys who are dip-shit assholes with no social skills, or ability to read social cues.

Of course men should not harass women. It's obvious. However, some men give absolutely no fucks and are never going to give a fuck. That's why we tell women what they can do to avoid harassment. Can one not fight a battle on two fronts? Can you not walk and chew gum at the same time?