As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All shall [chat] me and despair!

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    New trailers for Zero Dark Thirty look good, and I've got friends/family telling me to check out Jack Reacher. But I'll probably check out Django Unchained instead, since I've seen every other QT film in the theater.

Yeah, I could see all three, but I don't generally go to movies alone often, and my girl has no interest in all three. Which probably would be reason to break up with her, if she wasn't so much fun in all other respects.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    This thread has reminded me I have both summer sausage and multiple kinds of block cheese in the fridge

On the other hand it's like 2:30am so I probably don't need to be mowing down

Dilema

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    That feeling when you muck up the spelling of a word so bad that even spell check goes "lol not touching that bro"
    Chrome does that most of the time, so you end up copying the word into google and it sorts you right out.

Dammit Chrome.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    This thread has reminded me I have both summer sausage and multiple kinds of block cheese in the fridge

Dilema

Breakfast, bro. There's always breakfast.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    the way they deal with Kanji's sexual preference in Persona 4 is really great.

What kills me is when Chrome is all "lol nope that's not a word" so you try a few alternate spellings to no avail

Only to go back to your original spelling which you double check in google and what do you know you were right all along

Chrome spell check can troll like a mofo is what I'm saying

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Ugh this chat is going to be rough, people are so fucking crass towards trans people
    I went there with the intention of trying to convince at least a few of them to change their minds, but the chat scrolls way too fast to have any meaningful discussion.

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I have an exam in six hours and I desperately want sleep and some revision time. How much time should I allocate to each?

aRkpc.gif

Dilema

Breakfast, bro. There's always breakfast.

Well damn now I'm just wondering if a summer sausage omelette would be any good

Like maybe not cook the summer sausage in the whole time but rather add it just as the eggs are starting to firm up

With three kinds of grated cheese...

OH GOD SO HUNGRY

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    I have an exam in six hours and I desperately want sleep and some revision time. How much time should I allocate to each?

Half each!

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Five to sleep. One to coffee.

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

4/2

EDIT: Actually, no. One more vote for five to sleep.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2013

If you know the material already, then all sleep.

If there are gaps, spend an hour filling them, then the rest sleep.

Big gaps? You may be hosed, but spending the whole night studying might help.

Zoku Gojira on
    Smasher wrote: »
    Ugh this chat is going to be rough, people are so fucking crass towards trans people
    I went there with the intention of trying to convince at least a few of them to change their minds, but the chat scrolls way too fast to have any meaningful discussion.

Oh yea, it'll never happen. thankfully they are just a bunch of iditos who would never have the guts to say anything like that in person to anyone

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I'm gapped. I'll go with refreshing while I wind down in bed. then a nap for a couple of hours.

aRkpc.gif
    edited January 2013
    Well damn now I'm just wondering if a summer sausage omelette would be any good

Like maybe not cook the summer sausage in the whole time but rather add it just as the eggs are starting to firm up

With three kinds of grated cheese...

Don't add the sausage at all. Keep it on the side, to have along with the eggs. Make some toast, if you have the bread and toaster, an electric grill, or even a stovetop burner.

Zoku Gojira on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I'd prefer the sausage in the omelette rather than to the side, but that's just me.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It is better to be fresh and alert during an exam, rather than studying the night and not being able to keep your eyes open during the test. If you are tired and study you will miss half of what you read any way.

Sleep for president.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Frankly, 2.30am is never the time to be cooking anything.

If you have to wake up then for some reason then it's too terrible to conceive of attempting a cooked breakfast. And if you're still awake then just go to bed.

Late night cooking is how you end up in A&E with the drunks.

@Inquisitor so the bb.net stuff how is that handled on a terminal at the arcade or on your phone/pc?

edited January 2013
    I'd prefer the sausage in the omelette rather than to the side, but that's just me.

Sausage, as in breakfast sausage, sure. Already smoked summer sausage? Not so much. IMO, at least.

That said, while I usually scramble my eggs because it can be done with almost no cooking oil, my preference is for fried eggs over easy, sausage and bacon with no mixing whatsoever until I'm ready to dab up the spilled yolk with the bacon and toast.

Zoku Gojira on
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

If you have to wake up then for some reason then it's too terrible to conceive of attempting a cooked breakfast. And if you're still awake then just go to bed.

Do you have a sad tale to share?

Kalkino wrote: »

...and that's how I became Mojo One Leg

edited January 2013
    Inquisitor so the bb.net stuff how is that handled on a terminal at the arcade or on your phone/pc?

It is web based, and accessible from a smartphone or a PC. It does a lot of stat and data tracking, it lets you join clans, it lets you tweak some cosmetic things. It lets you register and put a password on your card (very nice if you lose your card or if it breaks or something as they can issue you a new one). It lets you edit your load out at home (which is nice as you don't have to spend time doing it at the arcade, lets you really take your time). It also allows you to have 4 saved load outs instead of just one (can't switch them mid match, but you can swap them quickly at the arcade). It also lets you play some daily minigames I think to get some basic items and stuff. It's most utility and quality of life stuff though.

Inquisitor on

I had intended to fry sausage but instead I fried my foot

Inquisitor so the bb.net stuff how is that handled on a terminal at the arcade or on your phone/pc?

It is web based, and accessible from a smartphone or a PC. It does a lot of stat and data tracking, it lets you join clans, it lets you tweak some cosmetic things. It lets you register and put a password on your card (very nice if you lose your card or if it breaks or something as they can issue you a new one). It lets you edit your load out at home (which is nice as you don't have to spend time doing it at the arcade, lets you really take your time). It also allows you to have 4 saved load outs instead of just one (can't switch them mid match, but you can swap them quickly at the arcade). It also lets you play some daily minigames I think to get some basic items and stuff. It's most utility and quality of life stuff though.

Interesting, *sigh* I really wish Sega would put it on a console or hell the Vita would be nice

Haha, yeah but 2:30am for me is really closer to 10:00/11:00 pm for most other people since I don't work until 11:30am, especially on weekends (which I'm still kind of in the middle of since I work Tue-Sat).

That being said I'm just getting over a pretty wicked flu so while a summer sausage omelette does sound like an interesting and possibly tasty experiment it's probably a bad idea since I don't know how that'd sit in my stomach right now. Supper was a little uneasy but I think that was mostly do not eating anything other then a dozen or so saltine crackers in the last three days.

Probably gonna hold off until tomorrow just so I don't run the risk of waking up with a front row seat to summer sausage and eggs spraying across my bedroom floor.

Oh shit BB has Yakuza characters in it

ph0081.jpeg

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

Is this you setting up a "foot in your mouth" joke

because I highly approve

Interesting, *sigh* I really wish Sega would put it on a console or hell the Vita would be nice

It would be rad but I just don't see it happening, the thing prints money basically. It's been in the top rated large cabinet games month after month, usually number 1 or number 2. Any home or console release could potentially undercut that.

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Okay okay get this

We remove the margarine from an opaque margarine tub, leaving a thin layer on the bottom

Poop in the tub

Replace scooped out margarine and smooth it back

Put margarine tub back into fridge

That is the grossest thing geez

ed Aw it won't embed at certain times anymore?

For some reason watching through the video and determining the exact moment you were trying to embed made it that much funnier

Like, stifling laughter at 4am and crying from the effort funny

Sausage, as in breakfast sausage, sure. Already smoked summer sausage? Not so much. IMO, at least.

That said, while I usually scramble my eggs because it can be done with almost no cooking oil, my preference is for fried eggs over easy, sausage and bacon with no mixing whatsoever until I'm ready to dab up the spilled yolk with the bacon and toast.

I tend to go skillet style

Chopped up breakfast sausage on top of over easy eggs on top of hashbrowns.

Messy but so good.

Alright, off to go cat sit, toodles for a few!

It would be rad but I just don't see it happening, the thing prints money basically. It's been in the top rated large cabinet games month after month, usually number 1 or number 2. Any home or console release could potentially undercut that.

Yea, that and Yakuza seem to be what is keeping Sega afloat, and hopefully it lets AM2 make a Virtua Fighter 6

simonwolf wrote: »

Is this you setting up a "foot in your mouth" joke

because I highly approve

Happy Christmas Simon

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I've got to avoid getting sucked into my brother's "here's a startup idea" discussions.

My suspicion these days is that you can vet most ideas with two questions:

1. Is it a physical item you sell?
    2. Is it not social media related?

If the answer to both is no, then unless it's the best idea you've ever heard it's not going to be the next <startup which got bought out for ridiculous sum>.

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    haha oh my god

i am in a spot in the call of duty campaign that gave me a checkpoint

i literally spawn and before the lights have come up indicating the screen has fully loaded, i die

it is amazing

what poor design

i love it

i'm like 3/4 through this mission on the hardest difficulty probably

their checkpoint system is dependent on when you kill certain things so i had no way to know a helicopter was shooting missiles at me

beautiful

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    haha i have to reload my gun even and i can't

it's full of stars

i'm just letting it reload automatically and kill me a hundred times while i type this

This discussion has been closed.