As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All shall [chat] me and despair!

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    i don't wanna be your man (just wanna be your hugbox)

the new hit single by Chocolate Telekinesis

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Wait, it's not solid at all. They just listed the amount by mass for some reason and packed it in confusing packaging. How odd.

What are you doing these days anyway?

Right now I'm building a Proof of Principle rig for a large consumer entity to take some tensile measurements of things.

So Labview mostly as I have a mechanical engineer with me on the project to do the bits I don't understand.

Some testing medical devices.

It's the exciting world of science consultancy.

I'm currently pondering what I'm qualified for with and without Ph D.

It seems surprisingly little in the world of science in Australia, because all the Ph D's from the group that finished are doing things like opening diner's and teaching in high schools or being unemployed.
    Australia is the pretty girl at the party whining she can't get a boyfriend. We keep hearing you need science graduates, but you also have no jobs. At all. And applying for them from abroad is impossible due to your hilarious visa requirements.

You should go into science consultancy. We don't work in Australia so I presume that somebody must have filled that niche. It pays moderately and is fairly interesting sometimes. I'm told that that is as good as it gets in terms of work.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    why isn't hotline miami on consoles

my friends would love it

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Australia is the worst

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Oh there's a chance I'll end up going to the States at some point on a project. That'd be nice.

I hope it sells. It would let me go and visit one of my old uni friends who has emigrated to the States and started getting ladies pregnant.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Australia is the worst

Tomorrow it's going to be 43 degree centigrade.

People will literally die.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I am about to bite into a one piece branded microwavable burrito that I picked up at a 7-11.

Odds of regret: High.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I am about to bite into a one piece branded microwavable burrito that I picked up at a 7-11.

Odds of regret: High.

awesome

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Resuming school was good. The awful coffee at school was almost welcome, too. I still need to buy more nescafe because it wasn't that welcome. The best thing to be said about it is that its flaws counteract one another to some degree: it tastes awful but it's also really thin to there's not much of that awful taste.

Also my decision to switch to using blank notebooks is working. My notes look pleasing, less than beautiful handwriting notwithstanding.

ftOqU21.png
    It is basically a hotdog inside some kind of BBQ burrito.

I conclude that it is aight.

"Try me for free" says the ad. In my experience most women offer that, boob-y internet ad. You're going to have to do one better.

ftOqU21.png
    some kind of guarantee that neither me nor my computer will catch something nasty would be a start.

ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2013
    Jessica Nigri the girl who did the official Lollypop Chainsaw cosplay did an Assassins Creed (not official) one.

NSFW

http://imgur.com/a/2dTdB

dont see why she needed to show off her midriff and push her tits up like that.

bloodyroarxx on
    so quizzy who are you cat sitting for?

Jessica Nigri the girl who did the official Lollypop Chainsaw cosplay did an Assassins Creed (not official) one.

NSFW

I think it is involved with having quite the midriff to show off.

ftOqU21.png

My special lady friend, she's off in HK right now.

I should leave something at her place for her for when she gets back as a welcome home. I was thinking a bottle of wine and some cheese.

I think showing off your body is a legitimate use of a good one.

ftOqU21.png

I should leave something at her place for her for when she gets back as a welcome home. I was thinking a bottle of wine and some cheese.

good idea its shows thought but not like creepyness, also gives reason for classy sexytimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1j6HmGjBoE

ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2013
    Abdhyius wrote: »

NSFW

This reddit comment sums it up well enough for me
    While I feel that women do not deserve to be shamed for their bodies or for flaunting their bodies or owning and profiting from their own security in their sexuality, I do feel like cutting away parts of a costume to expose cleavage and/or midriff ruins the costume that a wearer is recreating. There are sexy costumes and sexy and empowered characters to recreate, but it just comes off as disingenuous to take a character and transform it into the "sexy" version.

I am a female cosplayer. I have cosplayed a female AC3 character with great success and was covered from neck to ankle. I have cosplayed scantily clad characters with cleavage, legs and midriff showing as well. If you want to be a sexy image, choose a costume that's appropriate to that feeling and leave the non-sexualized costumes be.

Cutting away parts of a costume really just diminishes the effect in exchange for attention from masses who, most likely, don't really care about costume construction or screen accuracy.

tl;dr she wants to do sexy cosplay a sexy character, don't start cutting away fabric to make a "sexy" version of someone

bloodyroarxx on
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

NSFW

You sir, have entirely missed the point of why pretty girls do cosplay.

NSFW

While I feel that women do not deserve to be shamed for their bodies or for flaunting their bodies or owning and profiting from their own security in their sexuality, I do feel like cutting away parts of a costume to expose cleavage and/or midriff ruins the costume that a wearer is recreating. There are sexy costumes and sexy and empowered characters to recreate, but it just comes off as disingenuous to take a character and transform it into the "sexy" version.

I am a female cosplayer. I have cosplayed a female AC3 character with great success and was covered from neck to ankle. I have cosplayed scantily clad characters with cleavage, legs and midriff showing as well. If you want to be a sexy image, choose a costume that's appropriate to that feeling and leave the non-sexualized costumes be.

Cutting away parts of a costume really just diminishes the effect in exchange for attention from masses who, most likely, don't really care about costume construction or screen accuracy.

tl;dr she wants to do sexy cosplay a sexy character, don't start cutting away fabric to make a "sexy" version of someone

I don't give a shit about accuracy, really. If you want to make a sexy version of a character then go ahead. Why not?

ftOqU21.png
    Lollipop Chainsaw was good fun up until the farm level which is so incredibly tedious that I've not gone back to the game.

it's like sexy nurse costumes.

And by jove if you are against sexy nurse costumes then you and me, sir, have a problem.

ftOqU21.png
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Another day of applications and boring data entry to make some cash. Blergh.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013

NSFW

I don't give a shit about accuracy, really. If you want to make a sexy version of a character then go ahead. Why not?

Back in the day DMC3 Dante was the guy to crossplay, as sexy and accurate went hand in hand there.

And by jove if you are against sexy nurse costumes then you and me, sir, have a problem.

Are you implying, good sir, that our regular costumes are not sexy?

Mine has epaulettes

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Another day of applications and boring data entry to make some cash. Blergh.

Yay! A fellow data loader!

*does secret data loader handshake*

if there were such a thing as a data loading handshake, it would be the lamest thing in the world.

Oooh super ghouls and ghosts is the next speed run!

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    While I don't think that costume goes past the line too much I think I generally agree with bloody in that I'd prefer to see a costume that's faithful to a character over anything else

very tangentially related:

I remember Ottar, biggest feminist group here, had a piece in a newspaper one night me and a mate were having beers and reading newspapers. Think it was in Bacchus Bar. Very nice cozy place, def recommended if you're a couple people having a calm night.

Anyway, it was defending the then recent criminalization* of buying sex and generally deploring prostitution, and the headline they chose was along the lines of "my body, my decision" which, um, is hard to apply to banning prostitution, isn't it? Because it's saying you can't decide to sell your body if you want. Which is something that can be argued for for sure but not like that.

ftOqU21.png

NSFW

Back in the day DMC3 Dante was the guy to crossplay, as sexy and accurate went hand in hand there.

Are you implying, good sir, that our regular costumes are not sexy?

Mine has epaulettes

Nurses here wear the scrubs shape things. And although loose fabrics most definitely have their place as sexy clothing, they don't really compare to what the nursing students wore for the first week festivities.

ftOqU21.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i go to all parties as a sexy nurse

obF2Wuw.png
    Oooh super ghouls and ghosts is the next speed run!

He is incredible at it too

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    So after getting an email from okcupid (because I still haven't gotten around to deactivating it) I looked at my questionnaire answers and thought oh my lawd and started reanswering some of them

I mean they weren't nice guys of okcupid bad or anything but still

Now my addiction to answering survey questions has reared its ugly head

Generally the left has been loath to talk about that law as what it is: a law that means the state meddles with the sex lives of citizens. I get why, but it still annoys me. It doesn't mean it's a bad law just because of that! And you can't get away from it being just that.

I'd like them to argue that it's necessary despise that, not that it isn't the case.

(also: the law can now be said to have been entirely uneffective. Open prositution dropped directly following it, but now it's back to being just as open as before. Very few people have been prosecuted under that law. Mostly because it's both hard to catch people, and because of that the police aren't exactly devoting a lot of resources to do so. Which is what they should do because it's not like they got more resources to catch whore clients.)

ftOqU21.png
    Dat... laugh.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I don't know, at least these Nice Guys of OKCupid are getting some exposure

Maybe I should start wearing a fedora

Protip*: In abortion debates, if you are in favour of it, refer only to your position as being "pro baby murder"

it usually neatly skips the first round of arguing.

*It is not a protip. I am not a politician mostly because of my tendency for stuff like this.

ftOqU21.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    If you are dressed as a fictional character and are criticising another person dressed as a fictional character because they have somehow 'sexified' that fictional character, have a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror.

Unless that character is Pikachu, in which case stop criticising and go get some napalm.

Dat... laugh.

..yeahhh.....

also watch the Battletoads Double Dragon run after this its also fantastic

This discussion has been closed.