As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Phalla Arcade Expo: MAFIA VICTORY (Also B:L and Langly)

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Can the player list be updated?

Yeah, I'll do it later today after I'm back from PT. Slacker bum is slacker. For the moment, ZH's list of the living is accurate, I'm fairly sure.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Anyways, lets talk results. A few things stand out:

1. How many different villagers were being bandwagoned on day 1. The only people who received more than 2 votes that we don't KNOW are villagers are Fiaryn and Mill. Megafrost being the third vote on Fiaryn makes it unlikely that he's mafia. For various reasons, I think it's unlikely that Mill is as well. The mafia knows this and my guess is that most of them did throwaways on day 1.

2. How quickly the mafia jumped on the megafrost wagon after jdark's vote. They realized immediately that mega had been seered and wanted to get the best records they could. Not one of our confirmed mafia even questioned jdark's qualifications or the vote.

So a real quick look at who made a day 1 throwaway and a day 2 vote for Megafrost:

Mikey CTS
    Shalmelo
    INANTP
    Cayrus
    Gizzy

I'm not sure that the combination of a throwaway day 1 vote then sheeping to a network call day 2 is all that damning, but even if it is, why did you leave Tehspectre and Zombie Hero off your list? They both did the same thing, and you're usually more thorough than that.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Has Cythraul been replaced? Is he going to be?

• Options
    edited January 2013

No. No.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »

1. How many different villagers were being bandwagoned on day 1. The only people who received more than 2 votes that we don't KNOW are villagers are Fiaryn and Mill. Megafrost being the third vote on Fiaryn makes it unlikely that he's mafia. For various reasons, I think it's unlikely that Mill is as well. The mafia knows this and my guess is that most of them did throwaways on day 1.

2. How quickly the mafia jumped on the megafrost wagon after jdark's vote. They realized immediately that mega had been seered and wanted to get the best records they could. Not one of our confirmed mafia even questioned jdark's qualifications or the vote.

So a real quick look at who made a day 1 throwaway and a day 2 vote for Megafrost:

Mikey CTS
    Shalmelo
    INANTP
    Cayrus
    Gizzy

I'm not sure that the combination of a throwaway day 1 vote then sheeping to a network call day 2 is all that damning, but even if it is, why did you leave Tehspectre and Zombie Hero off your list? They both did the same thing, and you're usually more thorough than that.

I'm not saying it's 100%, but of the mafia we know, half fall into exactly that category. So it's a place to start.

TehSpectre voted for T_A on day 1, so I didn't mark him down as a throwaway. ZH had a vote with other people who changed on day 1. I couldn't remember if his vote was while others were on the wagon or not, so I kept him off the list as well. I'd happily listen to reasoning on either of them though.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Spoit (1) - Anialos
    Thorgot (1) - Zombie Hero
    Xenogears of Bore (1) - Locus
    Rainfall (1) - Bedlam
    Delmain (1) - Hucklebuck
    Mill (1) - Thorgot
    Smasher(1) - SaberOverEasy
    Fiaryn(1) - Premium
    Anialios(1) - B:L

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options

Mikey CTS
    Shalmelo
    INANTP
    Cayrus
    Gizzy

I'm not saying it's 100%, but of the mafia we know, half fall into exactly that category. So it's a place to start.

TehSpectre voted for T_A on day 1, so I didn't mark him down as a throwaway. ZH had a vote with other people who changed on day 1. I couldn't remember if his vote was while others were on the wagon or not, so I kept him off the list as well. I'd happily listen to reasoning on either of them though.

Oops, you're right about spec - I was looking at the vote counts before I had coffee and confused a vote FOR him on day 1 for a vote BY him. My bad.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    pff

( sorry Lozenge, I was p sure you were a rival spreadsheeter! <3 )

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    pff

( sorry Lozenge, I was p sure you were a rival spreadsheeter! <3 )

I guess this is a good time to make it clear that, while I am putting up vote counts right now, it has nothing to do with my role.

Steam
  • Options
    While I'm at it, what is the deal with your kill being yellow?

Steam
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Rainfall voted for Megafrost before the call that he was mafia.

So I theorize that you are either:

1) A mafia putting a throwaway vote on another mafia to look good when he turns up dead.
    2) A special with prior knowledge of megas identity
    3) unlucky

I'm going to go with Talented Phalla Player with prior history of targeting mafia via post and voting analysis, or TPPWPHoTMVPaVA, for short.
    Kiss me.

I'm not sure how much we can really draw from mini-phalla.
    Seems like it had a bunch of mafia in it. And if there are many more then the mafia participants might actually out number the village participants.

Lets find out Saberovereasy

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular

No. No.

Maybe Cythraul is doug_grammar.

campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    thorgot wrote: »

No. No.

Maybe Cythraul is doug_grammar.

Oh my god, that guy

• Options
    Who?

Steam
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Who?

This is how we know you're new.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    If you want to go for someone who drops out all the time/get's killed by me/is a lying, backstabbing son of a bitch then Maximus is another candidate.

I think I barely remember doug_grammar.

Also, apologies for posting so little up till now. I have a transatlantic flight tomorrow to get back to school and have been preparing for that. I should be able to make my voting and posting requirements for the rest of this game, but will alert the hosts if I am unable to.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    Who?

Shit, I've been playing for 3+ years and that name doesn't ring a bell for me.

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Who?

Shit, I've been playing for 3+ years and that name doesn't ring a bell for me.
    doug_grammar was from back before I even went to law school, so 3+ years sounds about right.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Mill has been replaced by M.D., effective immediately.

thorgot's vote counts towards him.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    mwhahahahahahaha

I mean

Hey there phalla people

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    hey party pat! I mean M.D.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    DAY 1
    Vote Count
    (6) Infidel - Thetheroo, Delmain, Megafrost, Assuran, Bliss 101, SeGaTai, CesareB, The Anonymous, KetBra
    (7) Assuran - Fiaryn, Thetheroo, Infidel, B:L, thorgot, Bliss 101, The Anonymous, jdarksun, romanqwerty
    (1) Thetheroo - Kilnaga

Thetheroo wrote: »
    Also, apologies for posting so little up till now. I have a transatlantic flight tomorrow to get back to school and have been preparing for that. I should be able to make my voting and posting requirements for the rest of this game, but will alert the hosts if I am unable to.

Day 1 position + too busy to play = suspiciousssss
    Thetheroo

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    FIARYN for SCIENCE!
    other reasons as well such as high activity to low...which sort of happened in gw phalla when he was mafia... :|

and there are reserves..so

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    I vote TehSpectre
    Obi threw a vote on him
    Let's see what it meant

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Fiaryn (2) - Premium, Egos
    Spoit (1) - Anialos
    Thorgot (1) - Zombie Hero
    Xenogears of Bore (1) - Locus
    Delmain (1) - Hucklebuck
    M.D. (1) - Thorgot
    Smasher(1) - SaberOverEasy
    Anialios(1) - B:L
    Thetheroo (1) - Gizzy
    SaberOverEasy (1) - Bedlam
    TehSpectre (1) - Smasher
    Rainfall (0) - Bedlam

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    People need to be careful about using OL's Day 1 count. It's wrong in at least the following way: it says 7 people voted for Assuran but lists 6 names.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    That has been fixed.

Steam
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    That has been fixed.

hm? it hasn't been fixed in your post, quoting OL, at the top of pg 25. It hasn't been fixed in Saber's post on that same page. Gizzy appears to be quoting your post in their post just above this, and it hasn't been fixed there.

EDIT: What I really mean is: what post ought I use for voting infO?

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Hmm seems like I have to play catch up

i'm paying close attention to what you folks are doing too, so dont think cause i just jumped in I dunno what to do!

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Gizzy wrote: »
    DAY 1
    Vote Count
    (6) Infidel - Thetheroo, Delmain, Megafrost, Assuran, Bliss 101, SeGaTai, CesareB, The Anonymous, KetBra
    (7) Assuran - Fiaryn, Thetheroo, Infidel, B:L, thorgot, Bliss 101, The Anonymous, jdarksun, romanqwerty
    (1) Thetheroo - Kilnaga

Thetheroo

Yeah, I really have only myself to blame for that. Hopefully if I survive till Friday I can participate a whole lot more. Flying through 5 timezones with 3 layovers on the way is not going to be a fun trip.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    That has been fixed.

hm? it hasn't been fixed in your post, quoting OL, at the top of pg 25. It hasn't been fixed in Saber's post on that same page. Gizzy appears to be quoting your post in their post just above this, and it hasn't been fixed there.

EDIT: What I really mean is: what post ought I use for voting infO?

ah you are correct. I was counting T_A for some reason. My mistake.

Steam
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    DAY 1
    Vote Count
    (1) Thetheroo - Kilnaga

Thetheroo

Yeah, I really have only myself to blame for that. Hopefully if I survive till Friday I can participate a whole lot more. Flying through 5 timezones with 3 layovers on the way is not going to be a fun trip.

Have fun , roo.

at least you won't have the same experience I did and have an airline that played this
    hes-just-not-that-into-you-poster-courtesy-new-line-cinema.jpg
    D:D:D:

• Options
    Why is there always at least one terrible rom-com on every airline that plays a movie during the flight? I think it's like some bizarre law.

• Options
    Why is there always at least one terrible rom-com on every airline that plays a movie during the flight? I think it's like some bizarre law.

it's not even a rom-com, it's a movie designed to make you hate the human race for 129 minutes and leave that feeling lingering for at least 15 minutes.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Locus on a hunch

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Going with Anialos for now, but I don't feel super-strongly about anyone today.

Although come to think of it, I find it sort of interesting that Cythraul didn't merit a replacement when he withdrew, but Mill did.

• Options
    Egos wrote: »

it's not even a rom-com, it's a movie designed to make you hate the human race for 129 minutes and leave that feeling lingering for at least 15 minutes.

most flights i'm on tend to have movie selections you can pick

anyhow back to figuring things out

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Well, it looks like I have no idea who to vote for today. Boooo.

M.D.[/color what's new?

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I AM CASTING A VOTE FOR THORGOT, BUT MY RAGE HAS NOT BEEN LOCKED ON TARGET YET. IF A BETTER, MORE DESERVING TARGET APPEARS, ONE BETTER SUITED FOR THE SHEER POWER OF MY WRATHFUL ANGER, I WILL SHIFT IT.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    not much, phalla threads are always long reads