As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Phalla Arcade Expo: MAFIA VICTORY (Also B:L and Langly)

1303132333436»

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Ok, so Egos:

I did not fire on theroo the day you told me. I wanted to hold my fire until we got you into the fold, so that our cult could have two vigs and go guns ablazing into the sunset. Since I was cult, from where we stood you would certainly give the cult the best chance of winning, and i wasnt sure if you would be keen on converting if i told you beforehand (i would have told you if it werent for the existence of a bus driver).

Once invictus converted me, the plan was: get egos (network head), get gizzy(guard) and just crush folks, but i went nuts at the last second and suspected you were busdriven with RGG to protect yourself like the previous night (only with rainfall being the busdriver this time). So i talked invictus into making a poor decision. FWIW, had invictus gone down, i would have been straight up and just helped village until it was time to fall on my sword, since if my kills never showed up you would have been super suspicious.

In short: my apologies for not being more honest. Feel free to grudge me.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Wait, so Premium and I both had to talk less than each other? That was listed as an ability rather than a win condition, so how exactly did/was that supposed to work?

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    @Cayrus

I wasn't a cultist until the last day basically

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I'll see if i can recreate Gizzy's PM:
    Gizzy wrote:
    8371645322_b59b3deac1.jpg
    Night 1 - Guard ZH

8371645506_40cf9da002.jpg
    Night 3 - Guard ZH

8371645664_936516e825.jpg
    NIght 4 - Guard ZH

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Also sorry @segatai , I genuinely thought you were an SK

from chat
    <Egos> wait
    <Egos> T_A was fucking village?
    <Egos> this just sunk in
    <Egos> (the role I mean)
    <Egos> what was the deal witht eh locus kill?
    <enlightenedbum> i like playing with colors :P
    <enlightenedbum> all of the dice rollers had orange kills
    <enlightenedbum> even the mafia ones
    <Egos> and hte same text?
    <enlightenedbum> yep!
    <Egos> ....
    <enlightenedbum> nutters, all of them

I thought the Locus kill was overlap :(

It's fine, basically didn't get my own color fully worked out till the day I died.

PSN SeGaTai
  • CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    OOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOO

Mafia victory. 6 days max. Savor it mafiosos.

OOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOO

I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'...

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Apologies for going inactive on this one. I signed up for a phalla with a theme I misunderstood and didn't REALLY have the time to set aside for it to boot. A poorly planned heat of the moment decision, truly.
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    How does Fiaryn do the angry thing like that all the time? Sheesh... but I knew I wasn't going to last forever. I was waiting to end up dead after someone called me out on being Fiaryn...

I knew there was still a busdriver still around, after I aimed at Rainfall and took out someone else... and then there was still a roleblocker around because I was denied the night before when I took a swing at B:L...

I intersperse periods of apocalyptic fury with intense kitten snuggling sessions in order to maintain a survivable blood pressure.

It's like Batman's micro-naps except with rage and cats instead of crime fighting and sleep.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Glad to see the mafia won this.

Yeah, I'd like to apologize for being off my game pretty badly this time around. This phalla looked so fun and I figured I had it in me to do one more before taking a break.

I am curious though, did Gandalf claiming to OS get him killed or did Jdark randomly choose him?

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Well, I'm thoroughly confused.

Seriously, I had no idea what was going on the entire game and pretty much nobody felt like talking to me, which was nice and peaceful, and I survived until the completely confusing mess at the end so yay?

Good job on winning, Mafias!

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    We got super duper lucky early on with lots of scrying.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • HucklebuckHucklebuck huckles under the buckles Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    @M.D.

dang i was such a bad version of you

no backstabbing or anything

Hucklebuck on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Glad to see the mafia won this.

Yeah, I'd like to apologize for being off my game pretty badly this time around. This phalla looked so fun and I figured I had it in me to do one more before taking a break.

I am curious though, did Gandalf claiming to OS get him killed or did Jdark randomly choose him?
    I killed him because he mentioned game theory. I had your replacement killed after you left to achieve victory.

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Busdrove myself with locus night 1 ... definitely thought I had more chance to be targeted for a kill than Locus

NOPE. well, I'm to blame. No grudge, segatai

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i EXPLODED and killed a mafia member!

so. victorious stupid explosions, indeed.

Fun fact: I seered you that night, and got blown up in the explosion.

MSL59.jpg
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    So funny thing, I felt so bad after withdrawing and seeing that I wasn't going to be replaced, and thought I failed hard given the role I had was a time sensitive thing. Then I see that @I needed a name to post. day 1'd me silently. Bastard :P

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I felt bad about withdrawing at all, further confirming I shouldn't sign up unless I know I'm gonna have a lot of time. I figured hey, I should at LEAST be able to skirt activity this game and still participate/contribute. Then I get my role PM and I'm SOE and have to start softnetworking/spreadsheeting FOR MY ROLE.

/facepalm

Looked like a fun game, sorry I missed it! But I'd have been dead anyway!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Hucklebuck wrote: »
    @M.D.

dang i was such a bad version of you

no backstabbing or anything

it's fine, best backstabbing tool is the rend deal then when the game is getting tense sell everyone out to achieve victory (if you are neutral) if you're mafia well you're already doing it! if you're village can't backstab so much as it goes against win con

• Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    Play more mains. ahava and I are also definitely biased towards older players. Typhus got a role just because he so fully embraced my silly dog post condition in the Monkey Island mini.
    D'aww thanks, I was quite surprised to find out I was a role :) Though I'm totes not new, been playing since '07 and just took a break like a year or so ago so there goes your idea that I have any potential to get better at this :P

Great game, though I was bummed to get unceremoniously offed and apparently the mafia didn't even realize they took out a seer. Favorite part of this game has to be Ke$hBra though 8->

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    My power got made useless Day 1 and my win-con immediately swapped. Which wouldn't have been so bad if MURDERBOT didn't kill me later. I have a new grudge!

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Thanks for running this Ebum. I'm not sure like I ever felt that I knew what was going on, but I'm happy my ability actually did something!

Also @enlightenedbum and @lonelyahava

I'm sad that I was completely off about the eviscerate kill being related to LFHX 's vampire game .

I figured it was the Tremere Primogen/Jackisreal because the eviscerate kills ended this night and he was magenta :(

Sadly I couldn't find a list of who did what and even Redasaur seemed confused at the end of the game reading the post-game.

also for some reason I forgot that jackisreal had a dolpin avatar instead of a shark hence this post

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I mean, I only used the Fiaryn is a SK example post in the sign up thread...

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    It's more the flavor

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    thi$ $hit$ $OLID GOLD

In case we forget, Ke$hbra is best Ketbra.

It just reminded me of the Ke$hbra experience: http://aliendovecote.com/uploads/twine/kesha.html#6

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I want to just pop in and say that the role PM you guys wrote for me is awesome.
    <3
    TheRoadVirus- You are an enigma. You figured out early on that the best way to not be easy to spot
    as a mafia, is to be uneasy to spot. You are a fucking nutjob in getting this done though. You change
    characters, change posting, you change everything about who you are, just to throw everybody off
    the scent. And you’re good at it.

Playstyle: Pick a character for yourself. Good. Now own it. Do not back down, even once.

Ability: You have no idea what you are, you are a chameleon, every shifting and ever changing. Each
    night, you may PM the hosts with the name of a target. You will have been provided the night before
    with a random number generated by the hosts rolling a 1d6. The number generated will correspond
    to your role for the following day. Example: on day 1, you are given a role of 2. For that day you are
    a seer and whichever target you send to the hosts will be seered. 1 = vig 2 = seer 3 = guard 4 = bus
    drive 5 = role block 6 = vote manip

You are also a Vampire! Sparkly!

Tarranon has selected one of each of ten default mafia options to be part of this game. The mafia as a group has two kills in addition to whatever bizarre powers you've been granted as part of your personality. The members of the mafia are Xenogears of Bore, Macallan, Kilnaga, shalmelo, Delmain, Mill, ObiFett, Langly, Megafrost, and Thetheroo.

Win condition: control a majority of the vote

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Ketbra you did me proud son.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Woo I got a role! Shame I couldn't play, I won't be regularly foruming again until next week (stop running all the games when I'm on vacation @enlightenedbum!)

Phyphor on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Just read through the role PMs

Fantastic

:^: :^: :^: would read again

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I was mad I didnt get to blow up (As squashua) since after day 1 I pretty much tried to act suspicious as possible to get people to target/kill me so I could leave the game victorious. I even ended up PMing two mafia in one day right before they both died.

I take some consolation though that At least alternate me got to blow up.

THis was a really fun game and Im glad I got to play. Also glad I read through almost every post. Also it is a great honor to be a role, and am pleased with my write up :)

Bedlam on
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, thanks for running this bum and ahava.