edited March 2007
    Cowabunga!

soapofdurden on
    Xbox Live: soapofdurden, Twitter!
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The demo for the PC one was fun.

Yeah, but it annoyed me that it was time limited, but it was good nevertheless.

We need info on Wii controls. If I'm getting this it's either for PC or Wii, but the PC controls is less than perfect. Hopefully they can be customized in the final game.

Peewi on
  • Options
    ManaByteManaByte Furious Fanboy Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    is it odd to anyone else that the GC is being supported for longer than the Xbox...

Because when someone does a GC game they can easily convert it to a Wii title or just sell it to Wii owners due to the BC. That's tougher to do with an Xbox game as the game may not be BC on the 360.

ManaByte on
  • Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Peewi wrote: »
    We need info on Wii controls.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Single player?

What the hell?

ShimSham on
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Rat Splinter > Human Splinter

Does this really make a difference? Either he is Hamato Yoshi or he is Yoshi's pet rat trained to fight and act like he did.

DesertBox on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DesertBox wrote: »

Does this really make a difference? Either he is Hamato Yoshi or he is Yoshi's pet rat trained to fight and act like he did.

Untitled-3.gif

Obviously it makes a difference to someone, since people still think that Human Splinter is the way that it originally was even though every incarnation since the 80's show had it the exact other way.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    Spanky The DolphinSpanky The Dolphin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Part of it is because the '87 cartoon was incredibly popular, just exploded onto the scene, and propelled the Turtles into the mainstream. So it was really a lot of people's first exposure to TMNT (it was mine, for example).

Compared to the cartoon the Mirage comic was practically invisible on the radar. Still is, practically: I wish they would just release a TBP series that was actually easy to come by...

Spanky The Dolphin on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Untitled-3.gif

Obviously it makes a difference to someone, since people still think that Human Splinter is the way that it originally was even though every incarnation since the 80's show had it the exact other way.

I think, to be fair to some people, that it sounds more plausible for Splinter to be Yoshi, rather than his rat. Either that, or Yoshi was one fucking brilliant pet trainer. I can't even get my dog to stay off the couch, and he trained his pet rat Ninjitsu? And enough of it that it could then pass on 4 different weapon styles to his "sons"? Man, dude should have entered into a pet competition or something, damn.

Of course, now we're arguing realism and believability in a series where 4 turtles were mutated by green goo. ...I feel dirty... :(

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm wondering if the fact that this is by Ubi Montreal is enough for me to presume it's good.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ShimSham wrote: »
    Single player?

What the hell?

Everyone seems to think this is like the old TMNT games. Its not like it at all. Yes, there are beat em up sections, but on the whole its much more like Prince of Persia with lots of acrobatic platforming, and that doesnt really work in co-op.

I played the demo and I enjoyed it. I hope the full game is decent. Just dont go into it expecting it to be Turtles in Time in 3D.

BiggNife on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Untitled-3.gif

I think, to be fair to some people, that it sounds more plausible for Splinter to be Yoshi, rather than his rat. Either that, or Yoshi was one fucking brilliant pet trainer. I can't even get my dog to stay off the couch, and he trained his pet rat Ninjitsu? And enough of it that it could then pass on 4 different weapon styles to his "sons"? Man, dude should have entered into a pet competition or something, damn.

Of course, now we're arguing realism and believability in a series where 4 turtles were mutated by green goo. ...I feel dirty... :(

I'm going to continue this argument, but just because I find it interesting. Yoshi never trained Splinter Ninjitsu, Splinter observed Yoshi's own training, picking it up himself. To me, that makes more sense than Yoshi deciding to live in the sewers instead of seeking medical attention.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Untitled-3.gif

I'm going to continue this argument, but just because I find it interesting. Yoshi never trained Splinter Ninjitsu, Splinter observed Yoshi's own training, picking it up himself. To me, that makes more sense than Yoshi deciding to live in the sewers instead of seeking medical attention.

Doh! Right, how the hell could I have forgotten that bit. Then, the counterpoint is... what kind of whacked out rat learns that just by sight. One would have to assume they didn't get higher brain functions until after the mutation.

Thinking back to the 80's cartoon, I always did find the mutation bit odd. Splinter said they mutated into whatever animal they were in contact last. The turtles into humanoids because it was Yoshi who touched them last. So shouldn't Splinter have mutated into a turtle, overwriting the fact he touched rats?

Oh well, way off topic at this point. Much love for the sensei. I might give the 360 version a rent, looks like simple fun.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Game was a blast.

I say was since I finished it in 4 hours. With all achievements.

As fun as the game was, I am glad I didnt buy it and instead checked it out first. Not really much in the way of replay, except to perfect my playthrough... which I dont care about.

All in all, definetely worth playing, but rent it, dont buy it.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I've cranked in about 3 hours play I reckon, but a lot of that was just spent messing around and not racing through.

I've just done the:
    running-through-the-sewer-line-to-get-to-that-rich-guys-tower-that-Raph-broke-in-to-earlier level. I would have considered I'd barely scratched the surface of the game, am I wrong?

Oh and with the tag teaming to get over gaps, did you find for the most of the time you could just get over them with Mikey anyway?

But yeah, I agree, up to now the game is a blast and if you liked POP you'll probably like this. I found the acrobatic controls a bit more iffy though. Wall running can be a tad hit or miss.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If i remember right, thats like level 10. There are 16 levels.

I will say. I am very excited to see the movie after playing the game. It has a fairly decent storyline, and the few cutscenes from the movie were pretty cool.

---

as for the gaps and such...

I rarely bothered using Mike's helicopter ability unless i was only able to use him. it was faster to use the tag jump.

I only found like 2-3 places where Don's ability was necessary.

Raph and Leo's were necessary more.

my only complaint really is that Raph and Leo pretty much stole the entire game. Don and Mike barely had any gameplay time outside of full team time... while nearly half the game was just Raph or Leo (or just them together).

It works for the story, but I always was more of a fan of Mike and Don, so it was kind of disappointing not to have them be more useful. (Though Don was my main one for combat, his attacks did a great job when there are a ton of enemies since they almost all sweep in a fairly large arc.)

ManetherenWolf on