As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i wanna know what [chat] is

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    goddammit firaxis why do you go and release an awesome free xcom patch the day I get super busy with not-vidya-gaming stuff

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I don't even care about the numbers. You'd have to be insane to think that the government is going to see any merit in your lawsuit after they saved the ship you sunk.

I would be open to letting the lawsuit progress with the condition that if they lose we can execute them the way we do livestock.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Just licked my salad bowl clean.

i know where you're coming from
    she said "my salad bowl", not "this girl's butt"

(are jokes about Chu's love of analingus getting old?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I7Bo-MlTqQ

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Just licked my salad bowl clean.

i know where you're coming from
    she said "my salad bowl", not "this girl's butt"

(are jokes about Chu's love of analingus getting old?)

Not for me. I kind of wish he'd get pink eye again. That was classic.

Congrats on anarchy driving, Chu! It's such a liberating feeling when you seriously do not care if a cop tries to pull you over.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    What developments in film making, technology or society have come about in thirty years that would make it worthwhile to invest money retelling Evil Dead rather than just releasing the original in the Cinema?

The Lurssen Quatroelle Yacht.

As in, the studio execs need more money so they can buy some.

Not necessarily. Surely it's cheaper to re-release a film than make a new version of it.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    anything more than a blackberry would be overkill

Who are you, a dad from 1995?

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    cptrugged wrote: »
    OK

Evil Dead is not funny

This is a horror movie

That remake trailer is pretty much dead on.

Hah

Except that any Sam Raimi anything ends up with something so ridiculous its funny. I think that is his strength really. I'm not sure if this new one is going to be good just because it doesn't seem to be playing to his true might.

I disagree. Drag Me to Hell was a fantastic psychological horror story that examines the psyche of a woman as she slips into insanity. The demon was not real, it was a metaphysical projection of the guilt she feels about the hard decisions she is forced to make at her job as a loan officer, forcing the poor out of their homes.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    goddammit firaxis why do you go and release an awesome free xcom patch the day I get super busy with not-vidya-gaming stuff

?! i didnt hear about a patch!

• Options
    in other words

THANK YOU CARROT

THAT WAS THE JOKE

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    What developments in film making, technology or society have come about in thirty years that would make it worthwhile to invest money retelling Evil Dead rather than just releasing the original in the Cinema?

Well normally id say, the original cost like $8000 to make - if there's any movie that deserves to be remade its one the makers could barely afford to finish. But Evil Dead 2 is basically a remake so eh

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Sam Raimi needs a new pool.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

well, am i wrong

all i need to do is make calls and send texts

i don't want to pay a huge ass monthly fee so i can look at butts online while on the bus

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Alright shirt is coming off. Getting to hot from cleaning.

Ladies.
    Pics, or it didn't happen. :winky:

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I heard naught of this

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    So how the fuck was the deal with AIG unfair? The government could have completely crushed AIG's balls if it wanted to.

the lawsuit was originally started because the argument is that it circumvented established bankruptcy law and didn't provide shareholders due process and equal protection and etc.

AIG basically just wants to make money back as they paid interest for the bailout out the nose as far as I can tell.

They paid about $30 Billion in interest and they're getting about $27 Billion in special tax breaks no one else gets over the next five-or-something years.

So a net total of $3 Billion extra on a $138 Billion loan.

AIG's shareholders can go fuck themselves.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=AIG+Interactive#symbol=aig;range=5y;compare=;indicator=ke_sd+volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

the argument can be made that this graph would look different otherwise. i mean, if you have a 401k chances are you held some aig at the time. fuck the shareholders.

a guy like greenberg is pissed though because the government stepping in infront of the shareholders prevented him from taking the company over

Maybe shareholders, and I'm including 401ks here, need to realize that if a company you invest money in nearly crashes the world economy ya might not get your money back.

ok

do you disagree?

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I don't even care about the numbers. You'd have to be insane to think that the government is going to see any merit in your lawsuit after they saved the ship you sunk.

I would be open to letting the lawsuit progress with the condition that if they lose we can execute them the way we do livestock.
    Why only if they lose?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Vanguard wrote: »

Corporations are people so that means we can imprison AIG, built a giant wall around all of their buildings preventing anyone from entering or leaving

we can drop a plate of food in 3 times a day

override367 on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    basically i just want another well done space opera

maybe because game of thrones is hot right now it means we can have something well crafted and nerdy in space in a little bit

maybe we wont even have to have as much rapes in space, because we'll have progressed as a society

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options

well, am i wrong

i don't want to pay a huge ass monthly fee so i can look at butts online while on the bus

if you really don't want modern features, might you be better off just grabbing a cheap slider or flip or whatever? you can get brand new prepaid phones for <50 bucks.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    So far logistics support has involved a lot of sitting around and watching Roseanne.

I go home tonight.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    new xcom patch fixes some bugs, but it also adds a second wave option!

If you've completed a game, you have extra options to tack on (like ironman) to the start of a new game. Each difficulty level clear grants you four options. You can skip easier difficulties (ie. I've cleared classic, so I have the first 12 options)

options are
    Damage Roulette: "Weapons have a much higher range of damage"

New Economy:"The funding offered by individual council members is randomized"

Not Created Equally:"Rookies will have random starting stats"

Hidden Potential:"As a soldier is promoted, their stats will increase randomly"

Red Fog:"Any wounds taken in combat will degrade a soldier's stats for that mission"

Absolutely Critical:"A flanking shot will guarantee a critical hit"

The Greater Good: "The secret of Psionics can only be learned by interrogating a psionic alien"

Marathon:"The game takes considerably longer to complete"

Results Driven:"A country will offer less funding as its panic increases"

High Stakes:"The rewards granted for stopping alien abductions are randomized"

Diminishing Returns:"The cost of satellites increases with every one that is built"

More than Human: "The psionic gift is extremely rare"

War Weariness: "Funding goes down over time."

E-115: "Elerium degrades over time."

Total Loss: "Lose all soldier gear upon death."

Alternate Sources: "The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically."

• Options
    edited January 2013
    You know, if AIG is considering suing the American People can't the American People sue AIG for crashing the economy, we'll settle for half of the money lost in GDP

that's only what a few trillion

override367 on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    WHERE IS @21stCentury!! He's the only one who I know will appreciate that my Agrees equal exactly half my Awesomes. Oh, I've been waiting so long for this.

Ravenhpltc24 on
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    So far logistics support has involved a lot of sitting around and watching Roseanne.

I go home tonight.

Sounds like how I spent my evening last night. Except without getting paid for it.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    i guess, i have a $25/month contract for unlimited call, text, and data so i would like something that can go online because if i'm paying for unlimited data i might as well use it, so i will look at my options

• Options
    WHERE IS 21st!! He's the only one who I know will appreciate that my Agrees equal exactly half my Awesomes. Oh, I've been waiting so long for this.

i hope you enjoyed it while it lasted

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular

well, am i wrong

If all you're doing is calling and texting, then I'd say even a Blackberry is overkill. Why not get an even simpler phone? My gf has a cheapo phone with a flip-open qwerty keyboard that she loves.

• Options
    You assholes.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I heard naught of this

Patch notes: http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?201721-XCOM-Enemy-Unknown-3rd-Patch-is-now-live&s=a591e9e3c91609f1bc46d39a8d0bd8b6

• Options
    You assholes.

*panting, out of breath*

where!?

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    new xcom patch fixes some bugs, but it also adds a second wave option!

If you've completed a game, you have extra options to tack on (like ironman) to the start of a new game. Each difficulty level clear grants you four options. You can skip easier difficulties (ie. I've cleared classic, so I have the first 12 options)

options are
    Damage Roulette: "Weapons have a much higher range of damage"

New Economy:"The funding offered by individual council members is randomized"

Not Created Equally:"Rookies will have random starting stats"

Hidden Potential:"As a soldier is promoted, their stats will increase randomly"

Red Fog:"Any wounds taken in combat will degrade a soldier's stats for that mission"

Absolutely Critical:"A flanking shot will guarantee a critical hit"

The Greater Good: "The secret of Psionics can only be learned by interrogating a psionic alien"

Marathon:"The game takes considerably longer to complete"

Results Driven:"A country will offer less funding as its panic increases"

High Stakes:"The rewards granted for stopping alien abductions are randomized"

Diminishing Returns:"The cost of satellites increases with every one that is built"

More than Human: "The psionic gift is extremely rare"

War Weariness: "Funding goes down over time."

E-115: "Elerium degrades over time."

Total Loss: "Lose all soldier gear upon death."

Alternate Sources: "The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically."

That sounds rad as hell. I might play that instead of Far Cry 3 when I get home.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    You know, if AIG is considering suing the American People can't the American People sue AIG for crashing the economy, we'll settle for half of the money lost in GDP

that's only what a few trillion

Including the soon-becoming-structural loss due to an idiotic response to the crisis?

Whom do we sue for that shit?

I want my GDP

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    OK

Evil Dead is not funny

This is a horror movie

That remake trailer is pretty much dead on.

Hah

Except that any Sam Raimi anything ends up with something so ridiculous its funny. I think that is his strength really. I'm not sure if this new one is going to be good just because it doesn't seem to be playing to his true might.

I disagree. Drag Me to Hell was a fantastic psychological horror story that examines the psyche of a woman as she slips into insanity. The demon was not real, it was a metaphysical projection of the guilt she feels about the hard decisions she is forced to make at her job as a loan officer, forcing the poor out of their homes.

I found that Drag Me to Hell was a good example of why Raimi's horror style works better with older B movie effects. I would have actually preferred some old school FX usage to a lot of the CG work that was done. The CG just didn't *feel* right in his movie.

Probably a silly opinion, its just what I was thinking while I watched it.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    WHERE IS 21st!! He's the only one who I know will appreciate that my Agrees equal exactly half my Awesomes. Oh, I've been waiting so long for this.

HahahahhahHAHAHAHAHA

On the day I die an infractiony death, I will go peacefully into the night knowing I contributed such an agreeable and awesome poster as yourself.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Oh the patch adds a posy game thing

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    I'm paying $hahahafuckyou to AT&T because they're lying sacks of shit who flat out said it would be a different price than it was because that's legal in America

• Options
    edited January 2013
    You assholes.

*panting, out of breath*

where!?

How are you out of breath? You've been here the whole time.

Chanus on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »

well, am i wrong

If all you're doing is calling and texting, then I'd say even a Blackberry is overkill. Why not get an even simpler phone? My gf has a cheapo phone with a flip-open qwerty keyboard that she loves.

Agreed. What carrier are we talking here?

• Options
    You assholes.

*panting, out of breath*

where!?

How are you out of breath? You've been here the whole time?

i run in place when i hear buttholes

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    So how the fuck was the deal with AIG unfair? The government could have completely crushed AIG's balls if it wanted to.

the lawsuit was originally started because the argument is that it circumvented established bankruptcy law and didn't provide shareholders due process and equal protection and etc.

AIG basically just wants to make money back as they paid interest for the bailout out the nose as far as I can tell.

They paid about $30 Billion in interest and they're getting about $27 Billion in special tax breaks no one else gets over the next five-or-something years.

So a net total of $3 Billion extra on a $138 Billion loan.

AIG's shareholders can go fuck themselves.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=AIG+Interactive#symbol=aig;range=5y;compare=;indicator=ke_sd+volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

the argument can be made that this graph would look different otherwise. i mean, if you have a 401k chances are you held some aig at the time. fuck the shareholders.

a guy like greenberg is pissed though because the government stepping in infront of the shareholders prevented him from taking the company over

Maybe shareholders, and I'm including 401ks here, need to realize that if a company you invest money in nearly crashes the world economy ya might not get your money back.

ok

do you disagree?

i dont really have a concrete opinion of how the various high-profile bankruptcies were handled during the time. I believe that the government overstepped its bounds at points. I am also a pragmatist, so i believe that whatever the government did or shouldnt have done is effectively meaningless now that the company is publicly owned (again).

i just think you're being unnecessarily hostile, here.

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.