As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Operation Group RAGE] Star Wars [Mini]series: [Phalla] Squadron - RAGE/MALICE Victory!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: Β»
    Question:
    Attack value is calculated by adding up the total Laser power of the Squadron. Defense value is determined by adding up the total Engine power of the Squadron. Damage is determined by the attacking squad rolling a D2 for every point of Attack Value (with a 1 counting as a hit) and rolling a D3 for every point of Defense value in the defending squadron (with a 1 counting as a miss). Every miss cancels a hit, the remaining hits deal damage randomly across the squadron.
    In the D3 portion of the Defense value, what does a 2 count as?

Nothing. Only way to get a miss from a defense roll is to get a 1

• Options
    Does investing a point in a skill provide some sort of power?
    Does it cause a straight increase of stats?
    Does it cause a stat increase with increasing or diminishing returns?

Don't expect an answer but it's worth a try.

No
    Yes
    Yes, it is dependent on your current base Laser or Engine level. Which will decrease as ships become disabled or destroyed.

• Options
    Do we allocate our pilot stats before or after we've been assigned roles/factions?

Before

• Options
    Added the following to the OP:

Firing Arcs and Facing:
    The following illustrates your firing arc, range is inifinite
    FiringArc_zpsfd5263b2.png

Facing
    Flanking_zps593f1eed.png
    The blue arrows indicate attacking from the side, the yellow arrow indicates attacking from behind.[/indent]

• Options
    I think I am finally caught up. You all are the worst at coming up with callsigns.

We will start Day 0 as soon I get everyone's Pilot Creation PM.

• Options
    Also, as I recall, Burnage experimented with tiered win conditions. I approve of furthering Burnage's noble work in any and all cases.

(This experiment will totally end in tiers.)

There were so many objectives in the X-Wing PC games. I think that game is responsible for teaching me the meaning of the word "Tertiary".

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    ObiFett wrote: Β»
    I think I am finally caught up. You all are the worst at coming up with callsigns.

We will start Day 0 as soon I get everyone's Pilot Creation PM.

Rogerroger FettaCheeseObviator

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    ONLY ONE OF THOSE GHOSTS IS A THREAT. THE OTHERS ARE DELICIOUS.
    THEIR DEFLECTORS CANT REPEL FLAVOR OF THIS MAGNITUDE

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Someone name their ship "Hold your fire"
    Please

• Options
    I am naming my ship "jdark's Son"

• Options
    Will you show up at opportune times to save him from death?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    @obifett

is there are reason you are doing two threads and not, you know, proboards?

because you can still have the no private conversations rule, but there's no way to enforce thread-watching, and while the honor system is great and all, people are likely to get confused or use the ability to have no accountability to their favor.

Two separate proboards for the two teams will allow for the idea to work. Keep this thread for general chat about the game or just casually bumped to remind people about it I guess.

I mean, the point is to play the game. If the game happens mostly elsewhere, I don't think that's a catastrophe.

• Options
    As a spectator i request invitation to all things.

• Options
    Langly wrote: Β»
    @obifett

because you can still have the no private conversations rule, but there's no way to enforce thread-watching, and while the honor system is great and all, people are likely to get confused or use the ability to have no accountability to their favor.

Two separate proboards for the two teams will allow for the idea to work. Keep this thread for general chat about the game or just casually bumped to remind people about it I guess.

I mean, the point is to play the game. If the game happens mostly elsewhere, I don't think that's a catastrophe.

I went back and forth on that for a long time.

Ultimately it came down to ease of vote counting, and the inability to support other mechanics in play that have yet to be revealed.

If people accidentally enter the wrong thread for a second, I doubt it will break the game. And hopefully no one feels the need to cheat in a game of phalla.

Everyone should ideally bookmark the appropriate thread and just pay attention.

• Options
    @obifett

Ultimately it came down to ease of vote counting, and the inability to support other mechanics in play that have yet to be revealed.

If people accidentally enter the wrong thread for a second, I doubt it will break the game. And hopefully no one feels the need to cheat in a game of phalla.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    @obifett

The problem with this though is that cheating would be trivial and virtually impossible to detect.
    That's a lot of trust to put in 29 different individuals.

• Options
    premium wrote: Β»
    @obifett

The problem with this though is that cheating would be trivial and virtually impossible to detect.
    That's a lot of trust to put in 29 different individuals.

I agree.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Obviously it's your game so run it how you want, I just think this is a really neat idea and I'd hate to see it ruined by one wanker who thinks they need an edge.

• Options
    I, for one, welcome our Sith overlords.

• Options
    premium wrote: Β»
    Obviously it's your game so run it how you want, I just think this is a really neat idea and I'd hate to see it ruined by one wanker who thinks they need an edge.

:)

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    My guess is that one ship gaining a slightly better tactical position won't break the game, feeling the xwing vibe it takes coordinated effort to have an effect. One wanker telling a bunch of people "cmon guys I 'know' we should move our ships over here" is unlikely and will seem suspicious. Enough of us take pleasure in playing the game out and since we continue these games together I doubt it would be an issue.

I mean it's not like fiaryn is playing or anything. :P

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Honestly, while people do everything they can do to cut down on potential cheating, every game has the host make certain assumptions about trusting players. Like, they can't know that they're being invited to every conversation, or that there's a proboard out there that they're not linked to that the players will keep secret forever. At a certain point you just have to assume that everyone is a nice person, and if you can't assume that then you can't really assume that about any other circumventable rule, much less weird rules that you come up with for your game only, and it's like why are we even playing this game at that point.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    INANTP is right. Withovt ovr trvst in each other, where do we stand? Are we no better than the vile Visigoths or Hvns?
    Let the liars and the cheats come and crash vpon vs like waves against immovable shore.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Just to let you know, the rest of my posts will be made translated into R2D2 speak.

Nidabulabeepbeepboop Tiktikchikadugapbbtweebeeboobaweechuwachoo.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    (Not actually though)

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Missing 6 Pilot Creation PMs.

Hoping to start Day 0 tonight. If I am still missing some in 5 hours, public shaming will commence.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    We can't just start the public shaming now? How did those schlubs not send in their Pilot Creation stuff right as they signed up? :/

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Best to sign people up after they submit data :ar!

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Best to sign people up after they submit data :ar!

Holy TimePlayedOnFTL Batman!

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yes yes, you ruined my life, thank you!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    >:)

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I like 38th Doe's idea. Use the pilot creation as confirmation of signup and keep taking submissions.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: Β»
    I like 38th Doe's idea. Use the pilot creation as confirmation of signup and keep taking submissions.

If I hadn't still needed to update the OP with info relevant to submitting pilot creation, I would do that.

I will pull from reserves if they aren't in by 8pm MST.

• Options
    Reserve
    Starscream
    proud leader of the Probably won't stab you in the back Squadron
    I'll just hang out in the lobby and help my superior officer with his living problem... Uh problem with his living room... yeah...

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Hmm...
    Resistance_zpsafa129bb.jpg
    +
    X-Wing_zpse54f2d42.jpg
    =
    ObiPhalla?

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Seems legit

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Kilnaga wrote: Β»
    Hmm...
    Resistance_zpsafa129bb.jpg
    +
    X-Wing_zpse54f2d42.jpg
    =
    ObiPhalla?

I would say that Phallance was heavily influenced by Resistance.

This one is very heavily influenced by the X-Wing Miniature game for sure.