[WOW] Mists of the Patch of the Thunder King of Pandaria

2456799

Posts

  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    ARGH ... Black Temple is an absolute bitch to solo. Why the fuck is everything in there immun to the growl of my pet and thus goes after me instead of being tanked by the fucking lava turtle?

    I think that was a period in the Blizzard Development Cycle when they hated tanks.

  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    So, Living Steel. The only way to get it is for a Transmuter to create it from a stack of Trillium, either with or without a one day cooldown, right ? Seems to be the big moneymaker on the AH these days. I have a Shaman Alchemist Transmute guy languishing at Level 83, sounds like I should punch him thru to 85 and rake in the glod.

    You can get to 600 skill at 80, I have a Scroll of Rez Druid currently doing Xmutes. And yeah, it's free money for like 30 seconds of "work." The Trillium bars cost me ~240 total on my server, the Living Steel sells for 400 a pop.

    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    If you factor in transmute procs I probably make 200+ gold per living steel transmute using my patented "buy low, sell high" strategy.

    I can reliably sell living steel for 420-450 on the prime raiding days (T/W/U), and trillium bars get down to 40-45/ea on the weekends. So whenever I see them cheap I buy 60 or so, then sell off the steels when they're up. I don't usually use spirits for the cooldown-free transmute, but only because I don't get many of them these days and I like to keep 8 or 10 around for no real reason.

    It's not exactly a get rich quick scheme, but keeps my repair bills paid and takes effectively no time.

    NREqxl5.jpg
  • BlendtecBlendtec PittsburghRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    ARGH ... Black Temple is an absolute bitch to solo. Why the fuck is everything in there immun to the growl of my pet and thus goes after me instead of being tanked by the fucking lava turtle?

    I think that was a period in the Blizzard Development Cycle when they hated tanks.

    There's been a period they haven't?

    I also go by Twinkie in some games. Add me on Steam!
    steam_sig.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    a lot of shit was immune to taunts in the BC era because they still wanted threat to "matter"; i.e. tanks were supposed to be balancing threat stats (and thereby, DPS potential) against survivability.

    Which was actually a model I liked a lot, but at some point during wrath they decided that tanks and DPS having to like, mark targets and communicate was too much to ask and just buffed threat to the moon.

    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    a lot of shit was immune to taunts in the BC era because they still wanted threat to "matter"; i.e. tanks were supposed to be balancing threat stats (and thereby, DPS potential) against survivability.

    Which was actually a model I liked a lot, but at some point during wrath they decided that tanks and DPS having to like, mark targets and communicate was too much to ask and just buffed threat to the moon.

    And because it's really frustrating to have tank swaps without taunts, so letting tanks taunt bosses let tank swaps become a common mechanic for encounters.

    Also prevented the encounter from being instantly over when the tank died. The increased threat from tank abilities isn't really super relevant to taunting.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    a lot of shit was immune to taunts in the BC era because they still wanted threat to "matter"; i.e. tanks were supposed to be balancing threat stats (and thereby, DPS potential) against survivability.

    Which was actually a model I liked a lot, but at some point during wrath they decided that tanks and DPS having to like, mark targets and communicate was too much to ask and just buffed threat to the moon.

    Ahh TBC, where you had such delightful fights as Gurtrogg Bloodboil, where you had to tank swap, but couldn't taunt.

    As far as when they haven't hated tanks...I think WotLK wasn't that bad for tanking. If a fight involved a tank swap, the boss wasn't taunt immune.

    That and the first week or so of Vengeance (before they hotfixed it) was glorious.

  • BlendtecBlendtec PittsburghRegistered User regular
    Tank swaps are getting kinda old imo. Especially when you're paired with someone who either can't put out the threat you do (they taunt, I just sit and auto-attack and still pull back), or doesn't know to throttle down a bit when you first get it and don't have vengeance (see: LFR). I liked that warrior skill that gave them vengeance if they used it on someone else. I'd love to see that given to every class so that swapping isn't awkward. My favorite though is tanks that use taunt as part of their rotation, then complain when it doesn't actually work because they don't understand diminishing returns.

    I also go by Twinkie in some games. Add me on Steam!
    steam_sig.png
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Nobody wrote: »
    a lot of shit was immune to taunts in the BC era because they still wanted threat to "matter"; i.e. tanks were supposed to be balancing threat stats (and thereby, DPS potential) against survivability.

    Which was actually a model I liked a lot, but at some point during wrath they decided that tanks and DPS having to like, mark targets and communicate was too much to ask and just buffed threat to the moon.

    Ahh TBC, where you had such delightful fights as Gurtrogg Bloodboil, where you had to tank swap, but couldn't taunt.

    As far as when they haven't hated tanks...I think WotLK wasn't that bad for tanking. If a fight involved a tank swap, the boss wasn't taunt immune.

    That and the first week or so of Vengeance (before they hotfixed it) was glorious.

    Yeah, I'd agree that Wrath was a high-point. The other fight that comes to mind for fun, taunt-less tank swaps (waaay back) was Vael, and at least there you had the very clear threat drop from the main tank when he/she died. How many other fights literally planned deaths? Gorefiend in BT?

    Bobble on
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    We used to plan deaths for Onyxia, back in the vanilla days when aggro dumps were hard to come by. The soulstoned healers who were not Shamans scheduled strategic dying.

    Corehealer
  • NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Until I get home, does anyone by chance know if one of the free transfers off of Moon Guard is Borean Tundra?

  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    a lot of shit was immune to taunts in the BC era because they still wanted threat to "matter"; i.e. tanks were supposed to be balancing threat stats (and thereby, DPS potential) against survivability.

    Which was actually a model I liked a lot, but at some point during wrath they decided that tanks and DPS having to like, mark targets and communicate was too much to ask and just buffed threat to the moon.

    Ahh TBC, where you had such delightful fights as Gurtrogg Bloodboil, where you had to tank swap, but couldn't taunt.

    As far as when they haven't hated tanks...I think WotLK wasn't that bad for tanking. If a fight involved a tank swap, the boss wasn't taunt immune.

    That and the first week or so of Vengeance (before they hotfixed it) was glorious.

    Yeah, I'd agree that Wrath was a high-point. The other fight that comes to mind for fun, taunt-less tank swaps (waaay back) was Vael, and at least there you had the very clear threat drop from the main tank when he/she died. How many other fights literally planned deaths? Gorefiend in BT?

    azgalor was the other BC era one. It's harder to do when designing a raid for 10s and 25s, because one death is a lot more determinative in a 10 man raid

    NREqxl5.jpg
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I just got my first flawless stone as a "drop" from a pet battle. It is for humanoid, and I have no idea where to use it.

    Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I just got my first flawless stone as a "drop" from a pet battle. It is for humanoid, and I have no idea where to use it.
    Aaah, /jealous. S/S Flayer Youngling is the best not-easily-farmable Humanoid.

    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah I guess I should use my flayer youngling? (it wasn't that hard to farm)

    I have been using the crawdad, the darkmoon zepplin and one of the oozelings, but maybe I should level something else too.

    NREqxl5.jpg
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Or one of the humanoid pets that only come in uncommon. Oracle Hatchling or something.

    steam_sig.png
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    yeah I guess I should use my flayer youngling? (it wasn't that hard to farm)

    I have been using the crawdad, the darkmoon zepplin and one of the oozelings, but maybe I should level something else too.
    You had way better luck than I. It took me an hour of chain killing to get a S/S grey to pop, %^&*( stupid pets that can spawn in like every breed.

    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
    Halfmex
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    So I got the darkmoon rabbit pet in a raid and after reading in the last thread that people posted it for a 100k on the AH, I decided to try my luck.

    One guy tried to get me to sell it for 35k, saying the price was way to large. I was adamant though, since I didn't really have anything to lose. If I got 100k, cool. If nobody bought it, I got a rare pet. Either way was fine with me. Guy kept bugging me, until I told him to bug off and Ignored him.

    Long Story Short? 100k was waiting for me in the mail when I logged on tonight. Minus 5k for ah Cut that 95k gold. Not enough to buy anything I want, but enough to buy a lot of shit.

    IshtaarPenumbraSmrtnik
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Respec Beast Master and get a spirit beast. Laugh at lesser mortals that can't solo BT.

  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. i'm the bat guy (bluh)Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Tank swaps are getting kinda old imo. Especially when you're paired with someone who either can't put out the threat you do (they taunt, I just sit and auto-attack and still pull back), or doesn't know to throttle down a bit when you first get it and don't have vengeance (see: LFR). I liked that warrior skill that gave them vengeance if they used it on someone else. I'd love to see that given to every class so that swapping isn't awkward. My favorite though is tanks that use taunt as part of their rotation, then complain when it doesn't actually work because they don't understand diminishing returns.

    For a tank the majority of tank swaps are the exact same mechanic. Taunt after X seconds of debuff, or at X stacks of it. It's pretty rare that a tank swap mechanic meaningfully changes what a tank is doing during a fight.

    liEt3nH.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    yeah I guess I should use my flayer youngling? (it wasn't that hard to farm)

    I have been using the crawdad, the darkmoon zepplin and one of the oozelings, but maybe I should level something else too.
    You had way better luck than I. It took me an hour of chain killing to get a S/S grey to pop, %^&*( stupid pets that can spawn in like every breed.

    to be clear, I didn't spend any time looking for specific stats. I happened to come back and find two after clearing the surrounding area; figured I'd catch both and sell one, and the second one was uncommon so I upgraded it

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    So I got the darkmoon rabbit pet in a raid and after reading in the last thread that people posted it for a 100k on the AH, I decided to try my luck.

    One guy tried to get me to sell it for 35k, saying the price was way to large. I was adamant though, since I didn't really have anything to lose. If I got 100k, cool. If nobody bought it, I got a rare pet. Either way was fine with me. Guy kept bugging me, until I told him to bug off and Ignored him.

    Long Story Short? 100k was waiting for me in the mail when I logged on tonight. Minus 5k for ah Cut that 95k gold. Not enough to buy anything I want, but enough to buy a lot of shit.

    I finally got to do it on my rogue dc'd and had a bunch of lag while killing him
    The rabbit drops and I lose the roll by one. I was upset they put it on the ah for 150k

  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    So, Living Steel. The only way to get it is for a Transmuter to create it from a stack of Trillium, either with or without a one day cooldown, right ? Seems to be the big moneymaker on the AH these days. I have a Shaman Alchemist Transmute guy languishing at Level 83, sounds like I should punch him thru to 85 and rake in the glod.

    You can get to 600 skill at 80, I have a Scroll of Rez Druid currently doing Xmutes. And yeah, it's free money for like 30 seconds of "work." The Trillium bars cost me ~240 total on my server, the Living Steel sells for 400 a pop.

    You should check to see if 10 Ghost Iron Bars are cheaper than 1 Trillium on the AH, since you can xmute 10 ghost iron into 1 trillium infinite times.

  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I just got my first flawless stone as a "drop" from a pet battle. It is for humanoid, and I have no idea where to use it.
    Aaah, /jealous. S/S Flayer Youngling is the best not-easily-farmable Humanoid.

    I don't have a mod that shows breed or the S/S, S/P, etc, but I do have a mod that throws up a heart, an arrow, or a sword next to their names, so I assume that's HP, Speed or Power... I managed to farm up a rare Youngling over the course of a few weeks, but its a balanced one (I assume, it doesn't have any icons next to its name), but I also have a green one with the arrow next to its name.

    Is that what you mean?

    Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • BlendtecBlendtec PittsburghRegistered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Tank swaps are getting kinda old imo. Especially when you're paired with someone who either can't put out the threat you do (they taunt, I just sit and auto-attack and still pull back), or doesn't know to throttle down a bit when you first get it and don't have vengeance (see: LFR). I liked that warrior skill that gave them vengeance if they used it on someone else. I'd love to see that given to every class so that swapping isn't awkward. My favorite though is tanks that use taunt as part of their rotation, then complain when it doesn't actually work because they don't understand diminishing returns.

    For a tank the majority of tank swaps are the exact same mechanic. Taunt after X seconds of debuff, or at X stacks of it. It's pretty rare that a tank swap mechanic meaningfully changes what a tank is doing during a fight.

    Right, it's just a boring mechanic. Too many fights are either "taunt after X stacks" or "okay man, single tank, you got a good dps set?".

    I also go by Twinkie in some games. Add me on Steam!
    steam_sig.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Tank swaps are getting kinda old imo. Especially when you're paired with someone who either can't put out the threat you do (they taunt, I just sit and auto-attack and still pull back), or doesn't know to throttle down a bit when you first get it and don't have vengeance (see: LFR). I liked that warrior skill that gave them vengeance if they used it on someone else. I'd love to see that given to every class so that swapping isn't awkward. My favorite though is tanks that use taunt as part of their rotation, then complain when it doesn't actually work because they don't understand diminishing returns.

    For a tank the majority of tank swaps are the exact same mechanic. Taunt after X seconds of debuff, or at X stacks of it. It's pretty rare that a tank swap mechanic meaningfully changes what a tank is doing during a fight.

    Right, it's just a boring mechanic. Too many fights are either "taunt after X stacks" or "okay man, single tank, you got a good dps set?".

    Don't forget "Okay, you twiddle your thumbs and wait for the timed adds to come out"

    Blendtec
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    tank swaps are really just a way to ensure that raids' second tanks have something to do (other than swap to DPS, that is.) There's really no reason that a fight like say, Empress needs to use two tanks other than to give the second tank that you needed for a few of the previous fights to be useful. They've done tank swaps in ways that are interesting because of position requirements or other mechanics (stone guard is the most recent example), but lots of the time they seem to just be there because they don't want raids to constantly be swapping between two tank and one tank comps.

    NREqxl5.jpg
    Smrtnik
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Then Heroic Spirit Kings comes out of nowhere with its "I hope you have a priest or warrior" bullshite.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Then Heroic Spirit Kings comes out of nowhere with its "I hope you have a priest or warrior" bullshite.

    Also see: Heroic Windlord. My raidteam has 3 priests (one shadow, one holy/shadow, one disc) so we were extremely fortunate to have 3 Mass Dispels for Quickening. Oh, and our Boomkin had Mass Dispel through Symbiosis as well. But man, I can't imagine how painful it'd be to do that without any Priests. Or offensive dispels, period.

    On the topic of two-tank/one-tank fights... I'd really like to see more one-tank fights, honestly. In my raidgroup I'm the tank that switches to dps for those, and man is it fun. It's a nice change of pace. Technically there's.... 4? One-tank fights this tier. Spiritkings, Zor'lok, Garalon (if you have a Rogue or another dps-tank), Windlord (although not every group one-tanks it). We don't one-tank Windlord though. So I dunno, maybe a few more would have been cool, especially considering the size of T14.

    Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    If you factor in transmute procs I probably make 200+ gold per living steel transmute using my patented "buy low, sell high" strategy.

    I can reliably sell living steel for 420-450 on the prime raiding days (T/W/U), and trillium bars get down to 40-45/ea on the weekends. So whenever I see them cheap I buy 60 or so, then sell off the steels when they're up. I don't usually use spirits for the cooldown-free transmute, but only because I don't get many of them these days and I like to keep 8 or 10 around for no real reason.

    It's not exactly a get rich quick scheme, but keeps my repair bills paid and takes effectively no time.

    At least on my server it's even better money to transmute the Trillium first from ghost iron bars. That's off the daily cooldown, you also have another chance for procs and a stack of ghost iron ore is pretty much always around 40g on my server. You do need a miner to smelt it, though, so it's definitely more "work" with the mailing and all.

    Grobian on
    PoGo friend code: 7835 1672 4968
  • NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Crystal of Insanity is pretty rad. I managed to snag one this morning almost completely by accident while passing by the area on unrelated business, camping that mob is such a pain in the neck on a pvp server.

  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    It seems a lot easier to farm now that most folks are done with the Tillers dailies.

    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I wish I could say the same. That mob is almost never up on my server and out of the dozen plus times I've killed him personally I've never seen the fucking thing drop. I wish they'd have made the mob rarer and increased the drop rate.

  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Well, I got resurrected by my cousin.

    Lets see what's new omg Pokemon! I'm in. Where do I start? I'm just using some of old my rare pets that I like atm. Nether ray fry, Phoenix hatchling, speedy.

    I Do Design | I PSN- Subtle_Ties | 3DS: 3840-5210-2008 (Subtle)
  • Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    well blizzard enforced pvp (the legendary quest line) wasn't that bad
    won each BG on the first try and went blood for the second one in my pve tank gear, there was this one poor rogue that tried to 1 on 1 me, think he blew every CD, multiple stuns, etc still didn't get me below 80% :P

    might do some more pvp, so I guess the idea behind that quest worked

  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I wish I could say the same. That mob is almost never up on my server and out of the dozen plus times I've killed him personally I've never seen the fucking thing drop. I wish they'd have made the mob rarer and increased the drop rate.

    Yeah the guy has been camped pretty much 24/7 since launch on both my servers. Occasionally, usually at like 3am, I catch him up. My pally has the crystal; got it first kill (woo) when I was doing Glorious! I've been trying to get it on my DK but, yeah, never up, always 2-3 people hanging out on his spawn point.

    I think all the rares in Pandaria are on the same 'short' respawn (45-1:15) so it's not usually too bad if you know when he died last to be around again.

    What I'd like to see is out of group tagging for Rares, in general; and separate drops. I know, never gonna happen, since rare hunting has been one of their reasonings as to why CRZ is a 'good' thing (i.e. it being harder to find rares now is apparently the good thing because that's how they were 'designed'; yay for finishing the WotLK and TBC rares prior to MoP); but given the weirdness on fast respawns on the MoP rares anyway...maybe? I mean, they are making the world bosses faction tagged supposedly in 5.2, so that's cool.

    Is the crystal even that good though, compared to flasks? I thought MoP flasks were like 1k of a stat for 1hr? It's nice for shit you don't want to waste a flask on I guess.

    I just never even remember to use it.

    The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I wish I could say the same. That mob is almost never up on my server and out of the dozen plus times I've killed him personally I've never seen the fucking thing drop. I wish they'd have made the mob rarer and increased the drop rate.

    Yeah the guy has been camped pretty much 24/7 since launch on both my servers. Occasionally, usually at like 3am, I catch him up. My pally has the crystal; got it first kill (woo) when I was doing Glorious! I've been trying to get it on my DK but, yeah, never up, always 2-3 people hanging out on his spawn point.

    I think all the rares in Pandaria are on the same 'short' respawn (45-1:15) so it's not usually too bad if you know when he died last to be around again.

    What I'd like to see is out of group tagging for Rares, in general; and separate drops. I know, never gonna happen, since rare hunting has been one of their reasonings as to why CRZ is a 'good' thing (i.e. it being harder to find rares now is apparently the good thing because that's how they were 'designed'; yay for finishing the WotLK and TBC rares prior to MoP); but given the weirdness on fast respawns on the MoP rares anyway...maybe? I mean, they are making the world bosses faction tagged supposedly in 5.2, so that's cool.

    Is the crystal even that good though, compared to flasks? I thought MoP flasks were like 1k of a stat for 1hr? It's nice for shit you don't want to waste a flask on I guess.

    I just never even remember to use it.

    I use the crystal all the time, it's a nice buff for LFR and heroics

  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The crystal is great for healers because you get both spirit and int. For everyone else it's nicer than needing to spend money on a flask for doing LFR/LFD. For alchemists it's not as good as it could be because it doesn't work with mixology and overwrites your personal infinite flask, so compared to someone with a different profession you're losing out on a few stats.

  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    So, Living Steel. The only way to get it is for a Transmuter to create it from a stack of Trillium, either with or without a one day cooldown, right ? Seems to be the big moneymaker on the AH these days. I have a Shaman Alchemist Transmute guy languishing at Level 83, sounds like I should punch him thru to 85 and rake in the glod.

    You can get to 600 skill at 80, I have a Scroll of Rez Druid currently doing Xmutes. And yeah, it's free money for like 30 seconds of "work." The Trillium bars cost me ~240 total on my server, the Living Steel sells for 400 a pop.

    You should check to see if 10 Ghost Iron Bars are cheaper than 1 Trillium on the AH, since you can xmute 10 ghost iron into 1 trillium infinite times.

    Good call, the GI bars are usually more expensive but I just totally spaced on Xmute procs.
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I just got my first flawless stone as a "drop" from a pet battle. It is for humanoid, and I have no idea where to use it.
    Aaah, /jealous. S/S Flayer Youngling is the best not-easily-farmable Humanoid.

    I don't have a mod that shows breed or the S/S, S/P, etc, but I do have a mod that throws up a heart, an arrow, or a sword next to their names, so I assume that's HP, Speed or Power... I managed to farm up a rare Youngling over the course of a few weeks, but its a balanced one (I assume, it doesn't have any icons next to its name), but I also have a green one with the arrow next to its name.

    Is that what you mean?

    If that's the mod I'm thinking of, you can turn on the breed type in options (it's off by default). P/P and P/B are both giving me a sword, so the icons just show its highest overall stat I think?

    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Three questions:

    1) How viable is 2h Frost for a DK? Alternately, how viable is 1h Blood for a DK (for just LFD/LFR)? I'm really not liking Unholy this xpack, and while the 5.2 changes look nice I might give Frost a try. I've been Blood/Unholy since I made my DK so I don't know how Frost even plays. I'm just debating if I should bother crafting the 1h maces to go frost (or try to farm them from LFD), or just use what I already have, 2h wise.

    2) related to the previous; does anyone know how the drops off Sha of Fear in LFR works for a DK? I.E. all specs can use both weapons, the 1h and 2h; is there a limitation as to which you can get? I.E. if I'm frost, can I still get the 2h Axe or will it only drop the sword, or if I'm Unholy, will it sometimes drop the 1h sword too? How does that work, and is there any way to check that sort of thing on an item id or something? If Frost only gets the 1h sword then I might stay unholy till I can get at least one axe (olol) to use as Blood since I don't really want to tank Terrace in LFR (or wait in the tank queue)

    3) Lets say I want to get money to another server. I know I can do it by buying pets, then caging them on the new server and selling them. Probablem is I don't know jack squat about pet battles, really, so I don't know what pets are valuable. I mean, I can just see on the AH what are going for high prices, but high prices in a listing doesn't mean it will actually sell. I have 70k on my horde server and I'm down to 20k on my alliance one (because I was dumb and didn't spread out the rep mount buying across servers and spent it all on my pally). I just need to get some money across.

    The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

This discussion has been closed.