As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Operation Group MALICE] Star Wars [Mini]series: [Phalla] Squadron - THREAD DONE

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Greetings fellow members of Malice!

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Hello party people. I like your new hat, anialos

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Oho, bleep-bloop! I would have your make-big jump speed, yes. Blonthark for hunting prey, not other hunters, though.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Hello party people. I like your new hat, anialos

Thanks! It came with my promotion. I'll be hanging out on the Star Destroyer helping you guys regroup and what-not if you get shot up.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Hmm, let's see if I can remember my TIE Variants. There's the Fighter, the Advanced, the Bomber, the Interceptor, the Defender, and those are the relatively normal ones....

I would also like wing men. I'm thinking that the enemy's gate is down myself....

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    Oho, bleep-bloop! I would have your make-big jump speed, yes. Blonthark for hunting prey, not other hunters, though.

So what you're saying is we should gather a couple fighters and swarm anyone that messes with our blonthark buddies?

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    I'm primarily offensive, I'd like a position near the front corner where I can maneuver to the side.

Maybe R20?

I could use a wingman or two, though.

What are you? If the answer is tiefighter, I'll be yu huckleberry

I'm not a tiefighter, but I think we would work well together.

Be my Inigo?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    In fact you, me, and Invictus sound like a nice synergy of abilities, if I'm reading Invictus's hints correctly.

Also goddamn I have to keep fighting the reflex to scroll towards the PM button.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    If I could bring just one other fighter to back me up that would be great. Either way I'm down for this plan. Just call out the hexes we want and I'm there.

• Options
    In fact you, me, and Invictus sound like a nice synergy of abilities, if I'm reading Invictus's hints correctly.

Some warriors, yes, are meant to fight other warriors, but other warriors are meant to maraud the sky-wombs. Speedy, agile blontharks, yes, are best at hunting those that would desecrate the sky-womb.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

Some warriors, yes, are meant to fight other warriors, but other warriors are meant to maraud the sky-wombs. Speedy, agile blontharks, yes, are best at hunting those that would desecrate the sky-womb.

You, little friend, speak my language.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options

This is Buttercup, requesting clarification from Arba'Arba-Hei: do you mean to indicate that you'll be staying back to protect the star destroyer, instead of joining us on the front lines?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options

This is Buttercup, requesting clarification from Arba'Arba-Hei: do you mean to indicate that you'll be staying back to protect the star destroyer, instead of joining us on the front lines?

No, no; Arba'Arba-Hei does his job best when he can destroy those who threaten the sky-womb before they approach it.

• Options
    Fighter>Bomber>Star destroyer is what I think our agile friend is getting at.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    This is Buttercup, calling Malice Actual, requesting deployment at coordinates R20.

Furthermore, Malice Actual, making the observation that we are outnumbered and hoping our boats are correspondingly more badass than Rage Group's.

Current rosters, just so we can always remember exactly who we're dealing with:

MALICE GROUP
    Anialos (P'rat, Bullseye)
    Capfalcon (Vyce, Blue Rogues)
    Egos (Reaper, Star)
    Gandalf the Crazed (Buttercup, Florinese)
    I Needed A Name To Post (Bedlam, Snowboard Kids)
    Invictus (Arba'Arba-Hei, Blontharks)
    Kaplar (Maverick, X(wings) Gonna Give It To Ya)
    Premium (Darklighter, Rouge Squadron)
    SaberOverEasy (Kain, Dragoon)
    SeGaTai (Pillbox, Double Deuce)
    Smasher (Target, Dirty Dianogas)
    BradicusMaximus (Arto-Bleepbloop, Chuba Chomp)
    Malkor (Lamshwoop, Skulls)
    Matev (Shredder, Foot)

RAGE GROUP
    Kilnaga (Porkins, Red Squadron)
    Assuran (Iceman, Screaming Wampas)
    Baidol ( xXx420Chewbaccarama420xXx, Spice4lyfe)
    Ketrba (Janson, Silly)
    TRV (DeathScythe, Gundam)
    T_A (Monobear, Hope's Peak)
    Bliss101 (Bliswonowon, Hot)
    jdarksun (McGreenPig, Bacon)
    GrimmyTOA (Darkshooter, Firehawk Xtreme)
    Heffing (Wolf, Hound)
    Langly (Tello, Green)
    Sir Fabulous (Fabniss, Gay Companions)
    Typhus733 (Dave, Discovery One)
    MegaFrost (McLawgh, Frost Bite)
    SLyM (Greyearl, Winged Hussars)

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Given that Obi was so specific about 29 players, I have to wonder how the 15v14 difference is being accounted for.

• Options
    I think Infidel is missing?

• Options
    Easy. We have ME! ARTOO-BLEEPBLOOP

• Options
    Egos wrote: »
    I think Infidel is missing?

Nope, Infidel was replaced by TRV.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Feel free to now boot me from the team

• Options
    no way! psyduck is awesome

• Options
    This is Buttercup, calling Malice Actual, requesting deployment at coordinates R20

I'm gonna wait and see if a couple more fighters respond tomorrow but would you prefer to use a couple fighters as bait and let us stay ahead of you a couple hexes? Assuming you're attack-heavy enough to back this up?

• Options
    This is Buttercup, hailing Arba'Arba-Hei and ArtooBleep-Bloop. How many ships in your squadrons, over?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Nah, we probably should stick close together for bonus-having.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    There are 5 ships in my squadron

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    oh man not venturing into the first thread is gonna trip me up

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    So I guess we should decide this now:
    Do we think about our starting positions, and try and maximize bonuses?
    Or do we just try and draw something funny with the hexes?

• Options
    Also read the spoilers in the other thread

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Hmm. Sounds like people who provide bonuses to the nearby squadrons are super valuable. Obviously whatever we come up with has to center around them. As for me, I'm a regular-ass bomba pilot, so I'd like to attach myself to one of you nice chaps.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options

Ah. Yes, stay within one hex of me.

Any other large squadrons around?

Also, how do we intend to deal with the fact that, for Day 1, their votes will inherently outnumber ours?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Still early, I dunno how many people will have synergistic abilities, but some of us regular folks could probably use the boosts too.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Malkor wrote: »
    Still early, I dunno how many people will have synergistic abilities, but some of us regular folks could probably use the boosts too.

Well I mean, you're welcome to position yourself on our flank to receive both bonuses.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Think I'd like to setup in either to the top back or top bottom section of our grid. Try and pick off any bombers that make there way into our region. Gotta focus on that tertiary objective if you know what I mean.

Also been wondering if anyone has "standard" phalla roles or if the mafia will just be ships that are taking actions on there own to try and eliminate everyone else.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Also, how do we intend to deal with the fact that, for Day 1, their votes will inherently outnumber ours?

RNG someone on their faction, everyone vote for them, hope they don't do the same.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular

Did someone call for a phalla game theorist???

The simple answer is: They don't. The other squadron has the same amount of votes that we do.

"But Saber, there's only 14 of us and that makes 15 people who aren't here!"

Well, yes. I'm guessing there's only 14 of them as well. The 15th person is someone who can see both threads. I'm guessing that's the real reason Obi doesn't want to use proboards (there's far too many ways to suss out when there's an extra person signed up). It's also the reason for the hard limit at 29 people (which is a weird number). There's two squadrons of 14 and a loner outside who knows what's going on.

My personal bet is that 15th person being Lord Amphibious (praise be unto his milky visage). He's the last major village aligned character from Phallance that hasn't made an appearance in the minis. A dark lord of the sith overseeing the whole exercise would make some sense. He probably also casts the deciding vote when the two squadrons tie things up.

That being said, I agree that all of us voting for someone on the other team is our best bet. I also think we want to get as coordinated as possible. That means a decent amount of openness about what we can do. It does give the mafia some information, but my guess is they'll have trouble communicating it with the rest of their friends. It gives the village a lot more information and helps us achieve the second part of our win con (blow up the star destroyer).

• Options
    I would assume the mafia are exempt from the no PM thing and have a proboard with both sides on it. Don't know how you get an informed minority without that.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Also using that analysis that would assume that Lord Amphibious (or whoever the extra important odd man out) is one of the 15 on the RAGE thread

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    So we should probably also have a discussion about who should be revealing and what information.

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Also using that analysis that would assume that Lord Amphibious (or whoever the extra important odd man out) is one of the 15 on the RAGE thread

Yes, yes; in order to keep secret-secret who lord high admiral-face is, Lhaf must be openly part of one group.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Not necessarily. We don't know who exactly is communicating in the other thread. It could be fairly easy for the lord high admiral to not be communicating in either.