As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ogre Battle: [Mini-Phalla] of a Lordly Calibur - MAFIA and Pumpkinhead Victory!

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Personally I don't think that Invictus is a mafia member, how long has he been around?

Would he be confident enough to try a gambit like that?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Megafrost will be replacing Kaplar. Please include him in on any PMs conversations that you had with Kaplar.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Kime God damn it you guys killed him already?

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Actually, by my count if Invictus' vote counted for kime, it should be 9-7 kime.

Who did Invictus vote for, @Zombie Hero?

Alternately, do votes made at exactly 11:00 according to the forum count?

My count had 8 to 8. I will count 11:00 IF it is before my vote close post, and not count 11:01. Invictus voted for kime.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    I'll go ahead and put my vote on BradicusMaximus. His initial vote was on jdark yesterday and was exactly where I would have placed my vote at that time if I were mafia. I normally wouldn't read too much into his part in the vote-tying shenanigans last night, but right after the narration he immediately tried to direct attention onto Invictus. Maybe as a cover-up?

• Options
    Sorry. He tried to direct attention to T_A, not Invictus. But point stands.

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Fair enough. I just think despite his good intentions towards Kime, changing your vote 3 minutes till vote close because "comon, we can't day 1 him" is a bit suspicious. We also had a vote count up clearly showing that a vote for kilnaga was going to tie up the game.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Typhus733 popped in later in the day and avoided any semblance of a bandwagon.
    Has posted nothing else.

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    WELCOME TO LODOSS ISLAND!

zm15de.jpg

20p6mw1.jpg

Hi there~! You can call me Deedlit. I love nature, I'm a High Elf. *teehee*

Remember to stay off the grass!

You'll meet all sorts of strange and suspicious people on the Island of Lodoss. Just look at Mr. Moobs back there.

So that's why they call him !enlightenedbum.

That's right! He was sneakily around right before the kime/kilnaga drama, but he just stayed in the shadows... and watched...

More like an illuminatihobo!

WE'LL BE SEEING YOU!

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Actually, I was shooting aliens. But whatever, B:L.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    WELCOME TO LODOSS ISLAND!

zm15de.jpg

What you've all been waiting for!

THE SECOND PART!

In the Castle of Flaim, King Kashue and Parn the Free Knight are engaged in a punishing sparring session.

315ewp1.jpg

Isn't it odd how enlightenedbum never gets off your back?

That's because he's a smartass!

WE'LL BE SEEING YOU!

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options

vK802.png?1

• Options
    KLACKONS ARE NOT CHRYSSALIDS!

Racist.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Typhus733.

basically pulling a zandracon today

sorry guys!

also, i am village-aligned this game.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    for what it's worth, i do not think invictus is well-coordinated enough to tie the vote three minutes before vote close,
    even if it seemed like a good idea. the accidental tie is much more likely.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Lucedes

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Is it just me or am I reading that we don't even know what Mr. J Dark died as because there's no body left to be found/identify? He's not colored anything and his death doesn't list a role unlike the other four people dead/leaving in the naration.

And how the fucking hell am I the first person to point this out seventeen bloody hours after vote close?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    also, i am village-aligned this game.

Oh alright, and here I was just about to ask if you were mafia c:

Going to reiterate that going after people tieing a vote in a hilarious two-villager bandwagon pileup has historically never resulted in anything but a pointless distraction and idiot villagers hung up on on a noose.

Going to take that infamous third position on the typhus333 wagon, basically just for the reasons premium said. And I don't think that voting out players actually sharing opinions (such as myself, yes, though ebum as well) on day 2 is a good idea.

Also I'm not sure what to think about a single, possibly mafia kill. Either a mafia kill was blocked or we may be looking at more mafia tricks than simply obscuring death alignments in a balanced game.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yeah. We need Night 2 for a great picture on deaths/kills.

Though man, having obscured killed is hilariously bad for the village.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    It is always possible that the mafia's own kill got busdriven onto Jdark.

But I don't really believe that and you shouldn't either.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    Ok, now that I'm done with classes for the day let's drop into the phalla and see what happened last night.

Ah... ok. Phalla is just like I remembered it. Let me get fully caught up.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    Typhus733 was also a choice I was considering. Since it has gained some momentum, I will join that vote.

Also, blahmcblah is worth investigating for that one word vote for someone no one has brought up. He did the same yesterday though that may have been a grudge vote.

Still think Rawkking is worth seering, whoever got that. If he's village he's a valuable asset!

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    Typhus733 popped in later in the day and avoided any semblance of a bandwagon.
    Has posted nothing else.

1: I never vote on the main day one bandwagon unless it's someone I have a grudge on
    2: I'm not generally available until later in the day and yesterday I was especially tied up

I've got no one better to offer as a vote but don't be surprised when I come up village.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    [n]Typhus733[/b]'s behavior to this point has definitely been strange.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Hmm !Typhus733 cause BBCode is hard.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Typhus (4): premium, Lucedes, Rawkking, ebum
    Invictus (3): Anialos, Xenogears of Bore, warban
    BradicusMaximus (1): Megafrost
    The Anonymous (1): BradicusMaximus
    Lucedes (1): blahmcblah
    Rawkking Goodguy (0): enlightenedbum

• Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    Alright, while the bandwagon forming on Typhus makes sense (as premium pointed out, especially after his post) i don't know how I feel about it considering lol day 1. Bradicus pings my radar a bit more, what with his actions after the narration, and I don't really see much weight in the Invictus vote (at this time) as his excuse seems plausible, if the action ill timed.

Putting a placeholder vote on [color]Typhus733[/color] for the moment, if only to try and dissuade from any vote shenanigans happening yet again tonight, considering how close he and Invictus are. I still don't know how I feel about it though, so I'm gonna let the day play a little longer and see if that changes.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    Ugh, Typhus 733.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Invictus seems more likely to be a mafia than Typhus. Invictus is a good player, he wouldn't make a mistake if he didn't have a reason for it.

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Sorry, I've been at work all day. Why is Typhus on the chopping block?

• Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    I didn't vote till late last night and my vote was for a grudge not the main bandwagon. That seems to be the main idea as far as I've seen.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    !B:L FOR RELENTLESS ANIMES UNTIL SUCH TIME AS I CAN ACTUALLY ANALYZE ANYTHING, FUCK

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    enlightenedbum. I believe in BL's animeness.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    It should be pointed out that Invictus was trying to move the vote off of Kilnaga, and pointed out that he got a persuasive PM (probably a reveal) right before vote close. What was he going to do, not try and vote for the 2nd place vote leader when a guy PMs you and says I'm the vig? He pointed this out during the witching hour so too risky for a mafia to lie about.

The odd part is that I would have expected at least one other person to mention getting similar PMs, weird that Kilnaga would only have time/trust one person before vote close. Either way Invictus is unlikely to be mafia.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Day 2 vote count:

Typhus733: 6 (Premium, Lucedes, Rawkking Goodguy, enlightenedbum, Mikey CTS, Garret Dorigan)
    Invictus: 4 (Anialos, Xenogears of Bore, Warban, Assuran)
    enlightenedbum: 2 (B:L, blaze_zero)
    The Anonymous: 1 (BradicusMaximus)
    BradicusMaximus: 1 (Megafrost)
    Lucedes: 1 (blahmcblah)
    B:L: 1 (Fiaryn)
    Rawkking Goodguy: 0 (Enlightenedbum)

I think we can do a lot better than these two leading wagons. I don't feel that either of Typhus or Invictus is a good vote.

• Options
    I don't think Invictus' vote switch really says anything about his mafianess, given the circumstances.

• Options
    To clarify, I don't think it makes him any more or less likely to be a mafia.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    It should be pointed out that Invictus was trying to move the vote off of Kilnaga, and pointed out that he got a persuasive PM (probably a reveal) right before vote close. What was he going to do, not try and vote for the 2nd place vote leader when a guy PMs you and says I'm the vig? He pointed this out during the witching hour so too risky for a mafia to lie about.

The odd part is that I would have expected at least one other person to mention getting similar PMs, weird that Kilnaga would only have time/trust one person before vote close. Either way Invictus is unlikely to be mafia.

As a kilnaga I'd have PMd as few as necessary with a vig reveal to move the vote. Around two would do, if the people aren't cooperating they might be mafias (and should be noted as such in the witching hour before narration). Just one wasn't enough.

I'm not convinced yet about that last statement. Invictus was waiting for the last moment to vote. As a mafias he could have opted not to change his vote if his would have made the difference in saving kilnaga

Alegis on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Going with megafrost's reasoning, bradicus

• Options
    enlightenedbum