Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Wonder [Chat]s

19495969798100»

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo But do you really believe him? Registered User regular
    I am concerned that we need to implement quarantine procedures at work. I entered one set of toilets only to encounter a man being very unwell, the stench and sounds caused me recoil. I went to another set and there was a miasma at the door foreboding further inquiry. I had to cross the frozen quadrangle to find some unsullied.

Frankly, you do not want to be at work if something like norovirus is happening.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Caveman PawsRear Admiral Choco
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    All this talk about police always being corrupt kind of irks me at times considering my Dad is a retired Police Chief. I wish there weren't so many bad apples in policing because it's really put such a bad mark on the entirety of the profession.

Look most of us with fathers in the law enforcement field have to accept at some point those fathers either participated in or looked the other way during at least one major injustice probably involving a minority. It's just a fact of life.

When we start demonizing the very concept of being a police officer we deserve to have a police force composed entirely of arseholes.

That doesn't follow at all. Ingratitude isn't a crime.

Who said anything about gratitude? I'm just saying once it becomes universally accepted that police officers are all corrupt, don't be surprised when only corrupt people try to become officers.

I don't think it's acceptance or public expectations that make certain professions susceptible to corruption. It's things like power, lack of oversight, an institutionalised need for dishonesty.

The same things apply to politicians.

Of course that's true.

I just think that saying "oh, your dad was a cop? How do you feel about all those black guys he beat up?", is the same as saying "oh, your dad was a soldier? How do you feel about all those war crimes he committed?". It's taking the actions of a bad few to create a negative stereotype of the whole profession, and that has consequences.

I've personally considered joining the police a fair few times, one day I still might. I don't consider myself to be a racist, a sexist or any other kind of "ist" and as a person who is not any of those things it kind of gives me pause to think "if I joined up, are people looking at me and wondering how many black guys I've assaulted today?". There are good people in the service, there are good people who want to join the service. The service itself puts a massive emphasis on community and having a force that represents minorities. I don't think we do them any favours by being all "they're all corrupt racist thugs everyone of them".

i write amazing erotic fiction

its all about anthropomorphic dicks doing everyday things like buying shoes for their scrotum-feet
    Winky wrote: »
    Corgis are totally the white people of dogs
    Gonmun
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    okay there are actually plenty of cool prisons

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Det_nye_radhus_Fredrikstad.jpg
    This was closed as a prison in 2009

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/Hamar_fengsel.jpg
    Hamar Fengsel, reminiscient of Larvik.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3f/Alesund_Fengsel_-_Kipervikgata_16.jpg
    Ålesund Fengsel.

looks like apart from Oslo prison, all the large ones are butt ugly.

ftOqU21.png
  • ChanusChanus Sugoi! ^_____^Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I am so envious of people who can manage to keep their campaigns together enough to finish them.

I have done so exactly once in twelve years of roleplaying.

Motherfuckers at The Strand Gaming have a 47 session Burning Wheel campaign, all available as a podcast.

My current D&D group has stayed together for almost two months!

It's a miracle!

**Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    Rear Admiral Choco
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Larvik_fengsel.jpg

okay this is also a cool prison. Slightly smaller scale. It fits 16 prisoners.

That's not a prison, it's an English B&B!

a proper B&B is just a normal house!

Which is what that is! :P

man who builds their house like that

ftOqU21.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Vanguard make the new chat thread.

@Honk is backup.

Geth, close the thread.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.