Options

Diablo 3:Economics- It's not rocket science.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Whats an Alkaizer run anyway?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I heard monk buffs and came as fast as I could.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Whats an Alkaizer run anyway?

Its a route that a barb named Alkhaizer popularized on his way to becoming the first Paragon Level 100 character. Its a very efficient route with a lot of mobs to maximize xp gains. You can google it easily. Most people add their own changes to the run to fit their own playstyles. It mainly involves runs through core of arreat, tower of the damned level 1, arreat crater level 2, fields of strife, and keep depths level 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Edit: NM that video had him getting a 6500 one.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    here is why you would wield a 2h as a monk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IexN0noGWcg

(note this guy's gear is in million billion gold range)

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    According to the datamined stuff the star is going to be on your minimap as a marker if a legendary drops?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So, I haven't played in a while (like, a really long while). I have a wizard that made it to the beginning of Nightmare, and a monk still on Normal.

What's the typical (cookie-cutter) build for these two classes like nowadays? I forget what my monk used, but my wizard spammed orbs.

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    According to the datamined stuff the star is going to be on your minimap as a marker if a legendary drops?

yes... and its about time

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    So, I haven't played in a while (like, a really long while). I have a wizard that made it to the beginning of Nightmare, and a monk still on Normal.

What's the typical (cookie-cutter) build for these two classes like nowadays? I forget what my monk used, but my wizard spammed orbs.

If you're on the EU battle net we could play nightmare together.

Most monks I see have life per spirit and spam defensive stuff while using auto attack as the main kill.

• Options
    SirsonSirson Registered User regular

I wouldn't worry about cookie cutter anything at that point. Just play whatever seems fun, no point min maxing until you've played quite a bit. Just try different skills and builds, part of the fun and all that.

• Options
    I was mostly concerned that patches and stuff would have changed things quite a bit.

@Albino Bunny: I'm on the NA Battle.net, sorry. :(

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I was mostly concerned that patches and stuff would have changed things quite a bit.

D:

Can I just say this is a shitty system.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

so jelaous of the ability to get constant +run speed

• Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular

His dps on his b.net profile is 161K. Although I'm sure his gear is expensive you could get 60K-80K dps with enough spirit regen (which is what makes the build work) and do mp0 without spending a fortune. That's a cool build, very fast farming.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    eh. still a sweeping wind build

• Options
    edited January 2013
    sumwar wrote: »

His dps on his b.net profile is 161K. Although I'm sure his gear is expensive you could get 60K-80K dps with enough spirit regen (which is what makes the build work) and do mp0 without spending a fortune. That's a cool build, very fast farming.

That's kind of the entire point of why his gear is millions of billions of gold. It allows him to utilize dashing strike and fleet footed for additional movement speed... it's actually a pretty hard DPS number to hit without any IAS -- perma-TR builds become quickly unworkable if you get more than 1.15 APS. My gear is a lot more modest, probably worth around 150-200M gold right now, and I do the same run in around 6-7 minutes instead of 4.

Dehumanized on
  • Options

D:

Can I just say this is a shitty system.

Yes- yes, you can.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oh my. Incremental buff to Sweeping Wind, nearly double damage on Dashing Strike, DAT UPGRADE to Bell damage, and Exploding Palm is now 50% instead of 30%. The latter two changes are amazing. Oh, hell, Lashing Tail Kick's damage got doubled too.

So basically every skill I use, given that I use Thunderclap, Dashing Strike, (Lashing Tail or Exploding Palm), Sweeping Wind, Serenity and Insert Mantra Here.

Shame I uninstalled this a while ago.

• Options
    MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »

so jelaous of the ability to get constant +run speed

Once you get used to the speed it is hard to go back. Everything else feels so slow.

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Well, they talked about runspeed when they added Monster Power. When your gear is crazy strong run speed will always be the bottleneck because you're instagibbing everything and just spending all your time running between enemies. But if you increase MP to the point that fights take longer, run speed has less relative impact on the time of your run. So their XP changes might help to incentivize more conventional play at higher MP.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »
    Well, they talked about runspeed when they added Monster Power. When your gear is crazy strong run speed will always be the bottleneck because you're instagibbing everything and just spending all your time running between enemies. But if you increase MP to the point that fights take longer, run speed has less relative impact on the time of your run. So their XP changes might help to incentivize more conventional play at higher MP.

Indeed. I am hoping this will make me want to play my Barb again.

I really like the legendary notification change (if it is what I think it is). I am sure I have missed one or two drops due to the pace of Tempest Rush.

2uenpg3.png

I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    When resuming a game, players will now be placed in town instead of at the last known checkpoint (a portal will be available to take you to your last known checkpoint, if desired)

oh no my farming routines :rotate:

also:
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue where Sweeping Wind was not actively updating its damage and attributes from the player

called it, there's why the SW buff is in place.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Here's the full notes for anyone behind a work filter:
    PTR Patch 1.0.7 - v.1.0.7.14161
    These notes will be updated through the course of the testing process. Please be aware some changes may not go live until a new PTR build is released.

Table of Contents

Patch Features
    General
    Auction House
    Battle.net
    Bosses
    Classes
    Crafting
    Items
    Monsters
    User Interface
    Bug Fixes

Patch Features

New Feature: Dueling
    For those who wish to test their mettle against fellow Nephalem, your time has come. Players will now be able to duel one another in a new zone designed specifically for this style of combat. This zone can be accessed by speaking with Nek the Brawler located at the inn in New Tristram, and supports 2 to 4 players in a Free-For-All format.

To learn more about dueling, click here!

General

Nephalem Valor stacks will now persist through Acts
    Base pick-up radius for all characters has been increased from 1.5 yards to 3 yards
    The resurrection timer will no longer increase if a player is killed multiple times in a row
    Players should no longer play a flinching animation (causing them to briefly lose control of their character) if they are hit by multiple monsters at the same time
    The experience bonus rewarded for killing monsters on Monster Power levels 1-10 in Inferno has been increased:
    MP 1: 25% (up from 10%)
    MP 2: 50% (up from 20%)
    MP 3: 80% (up from 30%)
    MP 4: 120%(up from 45%)
    MP 5: 165% (up from 60%)
    MP 6: 215% (up from 75%)
    MP 7: 275% (up from 95%)
    MP 8: 340% (up from 115%)
    MP 9: 420% (up from 135%
    MP 10: 510% (up from 160%)
    When resuming a game, players will now be placed in town instead of at the last known checkpoint (a portal will be available to take you to your last known checkpoint, if desired)

Auction House

User Interface
    Cancelled PayPal auctions will now display a UI error
    Bug Fixes
    Stash Tab Art will now properly update when viewed in the Auction House

Battle.net

General
    Monster Power is now available for Public Games
    Players can now select their desired Monster Power level from a drop-down when joining Public Games provided that the “Enable Monster Power” box has been checked in the Options menu
    “Report Botting” has been added to the right-click > report player menus
    The Battle.net UI now displays how many players are online

Bosses

General
    Izual is now included in the list of bosses that grant an extra reward when you have 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor, and the overall reward for killing him has been increased

Classes

Barbarian
    Bug Fixes
    Threatening Shout – Grim Harvest should no longer cause monsters to drop loot multiple times
    Demon Hunter
    Bug Fixes
    The Reflects Damage affix will now properly reflect damage caused by Bola Shot
    Monk
    Active Skills
    Cyclone Strike
    Weapon damage increased from 100% to 313%
    Dashing Strike
    Weapon damage increased from 160% to 303%
    Exploding Palm
    Explosion damage increased from 30% to 50% of the target’s maximum health
    Inner Sanctuary
    Radius increased from 8 yards to 11 yards
    Skill Rune – Forbidden Palace
    Damage bonus increased from 10% to 15%
    Skill Rune – Sanctified Ground
    Now reduces enemy movement speed by 80% (up from 60%)
    Lashing Tail Kick
    Weapon damage increased from 235% to 470%
    Mystic Ally
    The amount of damage a Mystic Ally can take from a single hit is now capped
    The cap scales with the player's level, and is further reduced by the player's Armor and Resistance
    Skill Rune – Eternal Ally
    Weapon Damage increased from 40% to 60%
    The Eternal Ally now has a 100% chance to be reborn after 3 seconds (up from 50% and down from 5 seconds)
    Skill Rune – Fire Ally
    The cooldown of the Fire Ally’s special attack has been reduced from 8 seconds to 4 seconds
    Skill Rune – Water Ally
    The Water Ally’s special attack now reduces enemy movement speed by 60% (up from 30%)
    The cooldown of the Water Ally’s special attack has been reduced from 8 seconds to 4 seconds
    Sweeping Wind
    Base weapon damage increased from 15% to 20% per stack
    Skill Rune – Blade Storm
    Weapon damage increased from 20% to 26% per stack
    Skill Rune – Cyclone
    Weapon damage increased from 20% to 26% per stack
    Tempest Rush
    Weapon Damage increased from 85% to 155%
    Wave of Light
    Weapon damage increased from 390% to 829%
    Passive Skills
    Near Death Experience
    Dying will now reset the cooldown
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue where Sweeping Wind was not actively updating its damage and attributes from the player
    Witch Doctor
    Active Skills
    Spirit Barrage
    Skill Rune – Well of Souls
    The secondary missiles fired by this rune can now hit the primary target
    Wizard
    Active Skills
    Arcane Orb
    Weapon damage increased from 175% to 200%
    Skill Rune – Obliteration
    Weapon damage increased from 228% to 260%
    Blizzard
    Weapon damage increased from 210% to 510% over 6 seconds
    Proc coefficient increased from 0.01 to 0.0125
    Skill Rune – Grasping Chill
    Skill Rune – Frozen Solid
    Skill Rune – Stark Winter
    Proc coefficient increased to from 0.005 to 0.0125
    Skill Rune – Snowbound
    Proc coefficient increased to from 0.01 to 0.0125
    Skill Rune – Unrelenting Storm
    Weapon damage increased from 280% to 680%
    Shock Pulse
    Weapon damage increased from 105% to 150%
    Proc coefficient increased from 0.667 to 0.8
    Skill Rune – Fire Bolts
    Weapon damage increased from 152% to 195%
    Skill Rune – Explosive Bolts
    Weapon damage increased from 70% to 105%
    Proc coefficient increased from 0.5 to 0.8
    Skill Rune – Lightning Affinity
    Skill Rune – Living Lightning
    Weapon damage increased from 37% to 52%
    Passive Skills
    Critical Mass
    Critical Mass now affects the cooldowns of Archon: Teleport and Archon: Slow Time while in Archon Form
    Temporal Flux
    Now reduces enemy movement speed by 60% for 3 seconds (up from 30% and 2 seconds)
    Unstable Anomaly
    Now activates upon receiving fatal damage (changed from when a player is reduced below 30% Life)
    Dying will now reset the cooldown
    Bug Fixes
    Blizzard Critical Hits now correctly have a chance to proc Arcane Power on Crit

Crafting

General
    A new crafting reagent, Demonic Essence, has been added to the game
    This reagent is account-bound and can be acquired from Elite monsters in Inferno difficulty
    Nephalem Valor will not be required in order for Demonic Essences to drop
    However, each level of Monster Power will increase the drop chance of Demonic Essence from Elites according to the following values:
    MP 0: 20.0000%
    MP 1: 23.0000%
    MP 2: 26.4500%
    MP 3: 30.4175%
    MP 4: 34.9801%
    MP 5: 40.2271%
    MP 6: 46.2612%
    MP 7: 53.2004%
    MP 8: 61.1805%
    MP 9: 70.3575%
    MP 10: 80.9112%
    The drop rate for Blacksmithing Plans and Jeweler Designs has been increased by 400%
    Blacksmith
    Four Rare recipes have been added to the Blacksmith: Archon Spaulders (Shoulders), Archon Gauntlets (Gloves), Archon Armor (Chest Armor), Razorspikes (Bracers)
    Each crafted item will have the following characteristics:
    iLevel 63
    6 Affixes
    Account-bound
    Similar to the Hellfire Ring, it will have four variants, each guaranteeing a fixed core stat which will have the highest range available in the game
    Crafting the item will require 1 Demonic Essence (other reagent costs will vary per recipe)
    Jeweler
    A new Rare recipe has been added to the Jeweler for an Amulet
    This amulet will have the following characteristics:
    iLevel 63
    6 Affixes
    Account-bound
    Similar to the Hellfire Ring, it will have four variants, each guaranteeing a fixed core stat which will have the highest range available in the game
    Crafting the item will require the 1 Demonic Essence as well as:
    100,000g
    1 Perfect Gem (varied depending on which core stat you select)
    1 Fiery Brimstone
    A new tier of account-bound gems of has been added to the game: Marquise
    Marquise Gems stats are as follows:
    Marquise Emerald
    Weapon: Increased Critical Hit Damage by 110%
    Helm: +33% Extra Gold from Monsters
    Armor: +62 Dexterity
    Marquise Topaz
    Weapon: Melee attackers take 2200 per hit
    Helm: 33% Better chance of finding magical items
    Armor: +62 Intelligence
    Marquise Amethyst
    Weapon: Each Hit adds +700 Life
    Helm: +19% Life
    Armor: +62 Vitality
    Marquise Ruby
    Weapon: +150 Minimum and +150 Maximum Damage
    Helm: Increases Bonus Experience by 33%
    Armor: +62 Strength
    These gems can only be created at the Jeweler and will require the following reagents:
    3 Radiant Star Gems
    20 million gold
    1 Demonic Essence
    Un-socketing Marquise gems will cost 5 million gold
    The designs for the Marquise gems will drop randomly from all level 63 monsters
    Note: The designs are not account-bound

Items

General
    Crafting Plans and Jeweler Designs have been added for all of the new Rare recipes listed above
    These plans (excluding the chest piece) will drop randomly in the world, but have a 50% chance to drop off the following bosses when you have 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor:
    Skeleton King
    Spider Queen
    Maghda
    Zoltun Kulle
    Ghom
    Cydaea
    Rakanoth
    Izual
    The Archon Armor recipe can be purchased from Squirt the Peddler for 1.5 million gold each
    Please note that neither the Crafting plans nor the Jeweler Design are account-bound
    Holding shift while buying health potions will attempt to purchase 5 potions at once
    Follower items below iLevel 60 will now no longer drop in Inferno
    Goldskin now has a limit on the number of times it can proc on a single target
    Vendors
    Squirt the Peddler no longer sells Dyes, but (as noted above) will now sell the plans for the Archon Armor recipe for 1.5 million gold each
    Bug Fixes
    Goldskin will no longer proc when attacking monsters that drop no loot
    Plans: Staff of Herding can now be dropped on the ground, or sold to a vendor for 0 gold
    All Staves of Herding can now be sold to a vendor for 0 gold

Monsters

General
    The Reflects Damage affix has been redesigned:
    It will now apply a short duration buff to the monster and will only reflect a percentage of damage dealt back to the player while that buff is active
    A visual effect will display whenever the durational buff is active
    Damage dealt by pets to monster with Reflects Damage affix will no longer be reflected back to the player
    Damage dealt by the Molten affix has been reduced by 40%
    Damage dealt by the Plagued affix has been increased by 120%
    Fallen Lunatics should now detonate in a more consistent manner
    The Triune Berserker before Alcarnus should no longer swing faster after a few attacks
    Keywardens:
    The Act II Keywarden (Sokahr) should now only use its mortar ability in Inferno difficulty
    The Act III Keywarden (Xah’Rith) should now only use its rain of corpses ability in Inferno difficulty
    The Act IV Keywarden (Nekarat) should now only use its earthquake and charge abilities in Inferno difficulty
    Bug Fixes
    Rare Sand Dwellers will now spawn in The Forgotten Ruins
    Champion Plague Swarms will now spawn in Cryder’s Outpost
    Champion Fallen Cur will now spawn in The Storm Halls

User Interface

General
    Legendary items now have a new mini-map icon
    This icon should now persist properly and be shown on the mini-map so long as the player is in the same zone as the dropped item
    Note: The icon will only display when Legendary items are dropped by a monster, not a player
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue causing the Enable Monster Power option to reset
    Fixed an issue affecting the scroll speed of text
    Vendors will now properly display an Armor tab when you are in an Inferno game with Monster Power set above 0

Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue where new Hardcore characters were not labeled as Hardcore on the homepage
    Fixed an error that could occur when closing the World of Warcraft client while the Diablo III client was still running

• Options
    guarguar Registered User regular
    I haven't played since the 1.05 patch dropped. I imagine Demon Hunters are still glass cannons?

• Options
    Only if you want them to be. They can be pretty reasonably tanky if you put your mind to it.

• Options

also:
    Bug Fixes

I don't weapon swap and have never used deadly reach so it will be a straight up buff for me... build still works fine now.

2uenpg3.png

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    guar wrote: »
    I haven't played since the 1.05 patch dropped. I imagine Demon Hunters are still glass cannons?

get enough Resists along with LoH and Life Leech and you can tank pretty much anything with Gloom activated, and to further help use the Damage Reduction turret and just tank away

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    Matz wrote: »

also:
    Bug Fixes

I don't weapon swap and have never used deadly reach so it will be a straight up buff for me... build still works fine now.

Yeah, I'll probably swap out DR/Foresight for FoT/TC and Blinding Flash/Faith in the Light for Breath of Heaven/Blazing Light and not lose much in the way of efficiency.

• Options
    Matz wrote: »

also:
    Bug Fixes

Yeah, I'll probably swap out DR/Foresight for FoT/TC and Blinding Flash/Faith in the Light for Breath of Heaven/Blazing Light and not lose much in the way of efficiency.

I've always had FoT/TC. Seemed useful for elites when SSS was down. I just blinded them and used FoT.

2uenpg3.png

• Options
    So the amulet will require a "perfect" gem? That's.... annoying. Why not just a flawless square?

2uenpg3.png

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Between the damage of SW being buffed and the complete nerfing of snapshotting, I'm curious to see if SW is overall being buffed or nerfed. Even if you weren't abusing gear swapping, it kind of seems like a nerf.

Regardless, I was hoping a bit more for some qualitative changes to monk abilities rather than more of this incremental numerical boosting. No amount of tinkering is going to make Inner Sanctuary a good skill. We also really need some changes to further address the stranglehold Fists of Thunder has on spirit generators. Hoping to see some more ambitious changes to passives as well, even if OWE remains unaddressed.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    So why you need a Perfect Gem to craft one of those Amulets? I hope that's a typo for Flawless Square and doesn't mean we are going to need to farm low difficulties for stupid gems.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    So why you need a Perfect Gem to craft one of those Amulets? I hope that's a typo for Flawless Square and doesn't mean we are going to need to farm low difficulties for stupid gems.

Indeed! Annoying is what I thought.

Is crafting even going to be worth it anyway I wonder. The only thing different to now is a guaranteed high roll in a main stat. But I guess all the other things you want (crit, crit dmg, res all, vit, attack speed) are probably pretty unlikely still?

2uenpg3.png

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Marquise gems cost 5M to unsocket, rofl! Better make sure you socket it right!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The datamining said it was a Perfect Square.

Zek on
  • Options
    Heyyooooo brimstones worth something again. Yesssssss

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

Perfect Square would be cool.

Also glad I've been saving my brimstones.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Marquise gems cost 5M to unsocket, rofl! Better make sure you socket it right!

Won't be any swapping between your characters for those! Not that I am likely to make any anyway...

2uenpg3.png

• Options

That's probably worse. Particularly if the crafting is somewhat marginal in the first place

2uenpg3.png