Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

Jugg's Jug O' Art Pt. II: THE INKENING (NSFW)

13»

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I can finally die now.

That's about a month and half I guess I've sunk on this thing? I basically just used a .25 and a .00 rapidograph.

ycablb6bwz7o.jpg

DidgeridooSublimusacadiatynichonovere
    Biggest issue I think is the amount of detail actually works against it, so I end up losing clarity. Stuff just bleeds together. I need to plan out larger swaths of dark/light areas to create more contrasts. I could've darkened some areas up but Jesus I already spent so much time on this. I am so tired.

One benefit that cross hatching has over stippling is you can alternate the direction of your hatching to create clear divisions where you want it. Bernie Wrightson was a master at that. Stippling I guess needs to rely more on dark and light areas and if you mess it up you get a big muddy mess.
    Really loving your work lately man, the stipling/detail is absolutely on point (no pun intended but gladly taken) and the atmosphere created due to the detail makes you really feel like you're there. Keep it up!

I super appreciate that! That's basically exactly what I'm going for with my stuff. I'm glad it's coming across.

Also now that I'm done with this I gotta figure out what I'm gonna draw next.

What am I gonna draw next?

Oh god what am I gonna draw next?

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    Dear lord, the scales

This is phenomenal, beautiful job!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0999-1072-9696
    Thanks! The scales were actually the easiest part.

The books?

The books sucked.

Didgeridoo