Options

To [Disney Infinity]...and beyond!

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I would guess Best Buy until 2014 and then everywhere. Either way, this is the figure I was waiting for since I purchased the game (and haven't touched it in like 2 months or however long).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I would guess Best Buy until 2014 and then everywhere. Either way, this is the figure I was waiting for since I purchased the game (and haven't touched it in like 2 months or however long).

Yes, this. It's a timed exclusive like Jack and Woody were.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Unless I'm mistaken, Best Buy has Ralph, Amazon has Mickey, Target has Vanellope, and Wal-Mart has Rapunzel.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Well, Amazon has Mickey, but only if you want/need all the other figures too.

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    So when do the Cool Runnings figures come out

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    What up, thread?

tumblr_myygymj72K1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

A few sales this week, included "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" on all single figures, playsets, and figure 2-packs & 3-packs at Best Buy, "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off at Target on single figures, and "Buy 3 for $30" on single figures at Toys R Us.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    A few sales this week, included "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" on all single figures, playsets, and figure 2-packs & 3-packs at Best Buy, "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off at Target on single figures, and "Buy 3 for $30" on single figures at Toys R Us.

Rapunzel, Wreck-it-Ralph and Vanellope also get released everywhere tomorrow.

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So I just got this on sale and I'm less then impressed so far but then, I just started it. The graphics are REALLY jerky and freeze up a LOT on the 360.

Do your characters ever change, like get new abilities, etc? Or are they as is the rest of the game?

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So I just got this on sale and I'm less then impressed so far but then, I just started it. The graphics are REALLY jerky and freeze up a LOT on the 360.

Do your characters ever change, like get new abilities, etc? Or are they as is the rest of the game?

Yeah most unlock/pick up new abilities as you play through the playsets (ex: in Pirates you acquire bombs that can be thrown at some point, different guns, etc). I can't remember if they just "get" all their abilities in toybox or not.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    They don't. I don't recall jack having bombs in the toybox, and I haven't gotten that far in the pirates playset.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    So they change permanently like in Skylanders or only while they are in that playset?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    They don't physically change appearance and gaining "levels" only seems to unlock vault spins and change your character's statue in the hall of heroes.

But yes, over the course of playsets you'll unlock Packs and Weapons, which also unlocks them for use in the Toy Box.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Ah, that's too bad. Overall it's a real step down from Skylanders. I think I'll sell it off. Thanks all.

• Options
    It's not really trying to mimic Skylanders outside of the "Toys on Portal" mechanic though. Were you expecting it to be a top-down Skylanders clone?

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    It's not really trying to mimic Skylanders outside of the "Toys on Portal" mechanic though. Were you expecting it to be a top-down Skylanders clone?

Uh, it IS a Skylanders clone. They just went with world building over character advancement. And I just don't like world building is all.

• Options

Uh, it IS a Skylanders clone. They just went with world building over character advancement. And I just don't like world building is all.

Not really. If anything Skylanders is like Diablo for kids, whereas Disney Infinity is part Minecraft and part...well the closest thing I can think to the Playsets is the "Toy Box" mode that was in the Toy Story 3 game.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Play style within the Playsets mostly resembles the various Lego games. If you don't dig that, then you probably won't enjoy it here, either.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    they did it. they actually did it.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Holy shit! Star Wars can't be far behind.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Holy shit! Star Wars can't be far behind.

Infinity 2.0 = Marvel

Infinity 3.0 = Star Wars

You know that's how it will go down. Just in time to hype the new trilogy.

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    mantis23 wrote: »

SHIET and here I was thinking I would be the one to bump this thread.

How's everyone's collection coming along, by the way? All I've got left to pick up is Mickey, Phineas, and Agent P, plus about half of Series 3 and I'll have everything Disney released for "1.0".

Thank god for sales.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options

How's everyone's collection coming along, by the way? All I've got left to pick up is Mickey, Phineas, and Agent P, plus about half of Series 3 and I'll have everything Disney released for "1.0".

Thank god for sales.

I have the complete set of characters. I gave up on power discs after completing series one.

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options

Thank god for sales.

Any word on when this is coming? Also can I get it digitally finally so I don't have to swap the disk? I don't think I've played the game since Sept because I've been too lazy to swap the disk in :D

Anyways, my collection is almost done. Need the last TRU disk this coming Sunday and then the Phineas and Agent P figures. Also all of the series 3 power disks - kind of watching to see if anything does something like what Target did w/ series 2.

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Thank god for sales.

Any word on when this is coming? Also can I get it digitally finally so I don't have to swap the disk? I don't think I've played the game since Sept because I've been too lazy to swap the disk in :D

Anyways, my collection is almost done. Need the last TRU disk this coming Sunday and then the Phineas and Agent P figures. Also all of the series 3 power disks - kind of watching to see if anything does something like what Target did w/ series 2.

No solid announcements yet on release date, but I would venture to guess it'll be out in August like the first game, and to beat Skylanders by a month or two.

I doubt you'll be able to buy it digitally because they need to sell you the new starter set figures.

I honestly doubt a full Series 3 set is coming. On the plus side, Power Disc packs are Buy 1, Get 1 Free at Toys R Us this week, so you can pick up the 15 Series 3 discs (or 17 if you aren't buying the Phineas/Agent P set) relatively cheaply.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    I doubt there will be a digital version, but I'm really hoping for a PS4/XBO version.

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    All characters except the Phineas and Ferb playset. Didn't really care about the power discs.

Many of my characters are still sealed in their boxes. I wish I had the time to really give this game justice.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Unless they make the gameplay actually fun, it's still a skip.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

I agree with this....to some extent. I was definitely hooked for a week or so, but I just lost interest quick. Maybe now with the toyboxes to download and whatnot it will be a little better. I remember there being oh so fun load times.

I didn't plan on collecting everything to begin with, so my collection is fine where it is at. Monsters Inc x3, Lone Ranger x2, Jack and Davey Jones, Mr Incredible and Syndrome, and Wreck-it Ralph and Penelope. I wanted Buzz and Woody, but eh. I don't even play.

So, with 2.0, is it a whole new disc or just an update? Yea, they want us to go and buy a starter set, but they can always just release the original game (with update included) with the new starters and let us just dl the update and get the figures. There is no way I am going to go crazy and buy all new stuff to use Marvel stuff (if I even get into it).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I just hope it doesn't make me buy another base. for 2.0.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »

I agree with this....to some extent. I was definitely hooked for a week or so, but I just lost interest quick. Maybe now with the toyboxes to download and whatnot it will be a little better. I remember there being oh so fun load times.

I didn't plan on collecting everything to begin with, so my collection is fine where it is at. Monsters Inc x3, Lone Ranger x2, Jack and Davey Jones, Mr Incredible and Syndrome, and Wreck-it Ralph and Penelope. I wanted Buzz and Woody, but eh. I don't even play.

So, with 2.0, is it a whole new disc or just an update? Yea, they want us to go and buy a starter set, but they can always just release the original game (with update included) with the new starters and let us just dl the update and get the figures. There is no way I am going to go crazy and buy all new stuff to use Marvel stuff (if I even get into it).

I believe they said the game will be backwards and forwards compatible to an extent. My guess would be that you will be able to buy the new characters and use them in the toybox of 1.0 with a patch. But new toysets and levels will need the new disc which you will need to purchase.

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    So hey, is anyone in need of some Series 1 discs? All I've got left is four Series 1 discs ,(Fix-It Felix's Repair Power, Sugar Rush Sky, Carl's Cane, and Khan) and I'm looking for four Series 3 discs. (Phillipe, Rapunzel's Healing, Calico Helicopter, and Buy N Large Atmosphere)

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The 2.0 reveal event kicks off in about 40 minutes.

Disney is livesteaming it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLoWAx7bhok

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Pretty excited to see what they have in store for us. My wish list for 2.0 is really just to see current gen versions and hopefully the removal of locked characters in the 2.0 playsets. As far as new characters, hopefully they mix in some Disney and don't go all Marvel.

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    Someone post the details here so I can see them :p. Won't be able to watch it live

• Options
    Right now we've got a general overview/retrospective of Disney franchises and the first Disney Infinity release. Quick blurbs from developers and animators.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Oh hey it's Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury, seemingly "hijacking the feed". (Note that I have this on mute because I'm at work, so no clue what he's saying.)

And now Agent Coulson himself is on stage, Clark Gregg.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I've heard someone from Agents of SHIELD will be presenting.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Jimmy Pitaro, president of Disney Interactive is on stage speaking.

Hey man, how about something that isn't iPhone games eh?

FU7kFbw.png