Options

To [Disney Infinity]...and beyond!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Jimmy Pitaro, president of Disney Interactive is on stage speaking.

Hey man, how about something that isn't iPhone games eh?

Ah, MZ. Never change.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    They sold 3 million starter packs and made over $500 million in total sales.

This seems very Appley.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Just show me what I can do with the Marvel figures in Infinity 1.0 damn it! Ha.

I haven't played the game since like the month of release. :-\

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Yep, going over sales figures and the success of their platform...just like most of these keynote speeches.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    I imagine we'll likely see a Xbox One & PS4 build announced today. No reason to skip 'em again.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    They just flashed up designs for the six avengers that were in the 2012 film, so those are all confirmed.

Edit: Here comes a full trailer, looks like it's an extension of the teaser.

Hah, Nick Fury is in there too.

Cap's motorcycle!

Goddamn, the designs of these figures are going to be amazing.

Oh there's Loki, some Frost Giants and Modok.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Goblin and Spidey! Woo. And Guardians.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Goblin and Spidey! Woo. And Guardians.

!!! Your stream must be ahead of mine somehow.

Unless they just audibly mentioned it without showing it.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Goblin flew by fast through smoke and Spidey came swinging by at the end of the trailer. Watching you Youtube?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    All the Avengers? Even Hawkeye? Kind of surprising. Wonder how many will be voiced by the cast vs. soundalikes (which were pretty bad in Infinity 1.0)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    If they don't have a schwarma power disc I'm going to be super disappointed.
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    All the Avengers? Even Hawkeye? Kind of surprising. Wonder how many will be voiced by the cast vs. soundalikes (which were pretty bad in Infinity 1.0)

Actually a majority of the 1.0 voices were from the actual actors/actresses. At least half, anyway.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    If they don't have a schwarma power disc I'm going to be super disappointed.

Ha

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Goblin flew by fast through smoke and Spidey came swinging by at the end of the trailer. Watching you Youtube?

I must've glanced away too quickly.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    You would think they will announce X-men as well (at least Wolverine).... Though now I'm thinking a Professor X figure would be super awesome :)

• Options
    Looks like Thor, Black Widow, and Iron Man in the starter pack.

I wonder if they're regretting this with The Winter Soldier's massive success.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    And....Xbox One and PS4 versions confirmed.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    Great to hear that there will be new disney based content coming. Although it sounds like its not being announced today.

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like Thor, Black Widow, and Iron Man in the starter pack.

I wonder if they're regretting this with The Winter Soldier's massive success.
    Probably - Iron Man and Thor make sense as those are the most popular movies. I am guessing Black Widow was included as an attempt to include a girl character

• Options
    They're showing off the increased scale of New York versus the city from The Incredibles. (Which name escapes me.)

Graphics look noticeably improved with weather effects and whatnot.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    So I guess the playset piece is supposed to be Stark Tower?

• Options
    Jeez, they're adding so much shit to the Toy Box editor...holy shit.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    I can't help but see the generic Infinity meeples as Lego minifigs.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'll wait for Spidey to be released with a billion costumes. And Venom. They have to release him. THEY HAVE TO.

edit: Also, they say you can upgrade figures, etc, but don't mention if you are doing that with JUST the Marvel figures or you can do that with the old figures (which I assume you can't).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    GAF is saying they announced an Ultimate version of Version 1.0 with every toy and power disc for 99.99?

That's the smartest thing they've done with this stuff, just toss it ALL in a box after a year so people can just get a total package. I'd actually consider that price for the complete Marvel set in a year or so.

• Options
    Oh snap, "See You at E3" tease at the end.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    "Please enjoy the new product."

Classy, guy.

for real though, the figures look cool!

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Do away with the "collectability" of the power discs, and just let me buy what I want.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Allforce wrote: »
    GAF is saying they announced an Ultimate version of Version 1.0 with every toy and power disc for 99.99?

That's the smartest thing they've done with this stuff, just toss it ALL in a box after a year so people can just get a total package. I'd actually consider that price for the complete Marvel set in a year or so.

I find that hard to believe. The individual figures retail at $12.99 MSRP, and there's 29 figures in all. That's $375 for the figures alone. If you include all the power discs that's $143 worth of power discs.

That's over $500 worth of content alone, and that's not including the costs of the playsets, base, software, etc.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Do away with the "collectability" of the power discs, and just let me buy what I want.

I wouldn't be surprised to see microtransactions pop up for Power Discs similar to how they're handled in the iOS app.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Folks are spotting unannounced Disney characters in the trailer, like Stitch, Maleficent, and Merida, so it looks like my fears of this being an all-Marvel outing are unfounded.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    10269573_10154031810875251_3801627155646290886_n.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Folks are spotting unannounced Disney characters in the trailer, like Stitch, Maleficent, and Merida, so it looks like my fears of this being an all-Marvel outing are unfounded.

They specifically said during the event that there will be new Disney characters, to be announced at a later date.

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    mantis23 wrote: »

They specifically said during the event that there will be new Disney characters, to be announced at a later date.

To be fair I wasn't able to watch the event with sound on due to being at work.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    I missed Merida, but I did see Stitch and Maleficent.

So the video basically confirmed we are looking at Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy Playsets, as we saw Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Rocket Racoon and Groot (1 figure maybe?).

Plus in the gameplay video some of the descriptions mentioned the Kyln for the space station looking stuff. so that likely comes from a GotG playset.

I am curious if the lightsaber from the first game will transfer over too... cause I -MIGHT- have to buy the remaining characters to unlock it if that means I can have Spider-Man with a lightsaber.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I just confused Kyln with Kylun and got ridiculously excited.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    I just want to point out that just because characters were shown, that doesn't mean we will see playsets or even figures for those characters. One of the new things they mentioned for Power Discs is that they will have power discs for companions. So a character like Rocket & Groot (I do think they will be together) could be a power disc companion that fights alongside you, and not necessarily a new figure. The example they showed for this was Iron Patriot, who was shown in game fighting alongside Iron Man, but was announced as a Power Disc, not a Figure.

0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't read this thread until now (well, after the 2.0 stream). I didn't have too much interest in 2.0, even with Spidey. BUT, Stitch? I'm in.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    So

I bought this for PS3

Because I knew I was inevitably gonna get the PS4 version anyways when Marvel hits

But yo this game is really rad so far, and all I've done is The Incredibles

Got the three starters and also picked up Elsa and Violet because they are the best

• Options
    So

I bought this for PS3

Because I knew I was inevitably gonna get the PS4 version anyways when Marvel hits

Got the three starters and also picked up Elsa and Violet because they are the best

The Pirates set is also pretty great. Monsters University is only so so.

One of these days I really need to play through the others (which I have, I just have been lazy and haven't played the game in awhile :P)

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So

I bought this for PS3

The Pirates set is also pretty great. Monsters University is only so so.

One of these days I really need to play through the others (which I have, I just have been lazy and haven't played the game in awhile :P)

I figured I wouldn't like the Monsters University one because I don't like Monsters, Inc. (and didn't bother to see Monsters University)

This game is really great but it's great in the way that I find Lego games great - completely dependent on your love of the franchise

So while I love Lego Marvel and Lego Harry Potter and didn't like the Indiana Jones and Hobbit ones at all, I will probably dig Pirates...shit, I guess I better look into what other sets are out there

EDIT: Just checked, I'm not into Cars at all and I liked the first Toy Story movie well enough, so maybe I'll dig that one?

At least I'll be saving cash until the Marvel toys hit and I end up buying like, all of them

UnbreakableVow on