Options

To [Disney Infinity]...and beyond!

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    There's been the usual rumors and I think even Disney may have said it's in the future, so at this point it's rather inevitable, I think.

Heck, the lightsaber was the final unlock in 1.0 once you collected all the figures.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    There's been the usual rumors and I think even Disney may have said it's in the future, so at this point it's rather inevitable, I think.

Heck, the lightsaber was the final unlock in 1.0 once you collected all the figures.

Star Wars will be 3.0, I 100% guarantee it. You've got the first version which came out Fall 2013. You have 2.0 which is coming Fall 2014. Which means 3.0 is probably Fall 2015. What movie comes out Winter 2015? Star Wars. Absolutely perfect tie in for that Christmas season.

They could even split it up as:
    -New Movie playset (part of starter set)
    -Prequels/Clone Wars playset (would probably more likely be based on the Clone Wars tv series - especially since that art style is VERY similar to the style of the figures already)
    -Original Movies playset

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH7N43hWC-g

Stitch looks amazing, Tinker Bell looks retarded (seriously, Tinker Bell isn't even that big).

Overall though this video just makes me sad that Stitch is limited to Toy Box, because again, he looks awesome :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yea, I will still wind up getting him. I have been waiting for Stitch to join my Ralph. Now I just need Figment for my Disney holy trinity. :D

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Why, WHY, would you make Tink the same size as everyone else?

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Probably based on those weird, straight-to-dvd Tinkerbell movies for little girls. Which all look creepy as hell.

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Probably based on those weird, straight-to-dvd Tinkerbell movies for little girls. Which all look creepy as hell.

Actually, they aren't awful.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    edited July 2014

But also in which Tinkerbell is small :P Large Tinkerbell looks absolutely stupid.

Side note - I will give those new Tinkerbell videos one thing - they were airing shorts on Disney channel based around them for awhile in the same style as the old Goofy's Wild World of Sports shorts, and they were actually quite good.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I would love to see some new Goofy's Wild World of Sports cartoons.

EDIT; glad to see Geth knows his cartoons.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Its funny to see Tinkerbell's size get complained about, but the fact that the cars are smaller than people? No problem! That Ralph and Venelope arenn't the size of 8-bit sprites? No big deal! Toy Story characters the size of Johnny Depp? That's cool!

• Options
    It's jarring with Tink because the characters in the other properties are all about the same size relative to each other. Tink has always been shown as much, much smaller than Peter Pan and the rest of the gang. You'd see a lot of complaints too if Ralph and Venelope had been made the same height.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    It's jarring with Tink because the characters in the other properties are all about the same size relative to each other. Tink has always been shown as much, much smaller than Peter Pan and the rest of the gang. You'd see a lot of complaints too if Ralph and Venelope had been made the same height.

However, Tink is mostly used now in her own movies, where she is the same size relative to everyone else. So the same thing pretty much applies, doesn't it?

• Options
    This is more or less the only way they can do it, no? You can't have actual-sized Tinkerbell alongside the other characters, it wouldn't really work.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Unless... the Peter Pan Figure is huge... Mega Infinity Figures confirmed

• Options
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Mego Thor wrote: »

However, Tink is mostly used now in her own movies, where she is the same size relative to everyone else. So the same thing pretty much applies, doesn't it?

Never watched any of those, so maybe? I always associate her with the Lost Boys and company.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncIACV_Q17A

Lookin' good.

Also they revealed the PS3/PS4 collector's edition of the game that comes with a big decorative base and all of the Avengers figures, but it's $179. Bleh.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    Looks like the playset is Star Lord and Gamora. Drax/Rocket/Groot sold separately? Gotta hand it to Disney's ability to make money.

• Options
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    mhawk066mhawk066 Registered User regular
    so I'm going to college but god these marvel heroes look awesome so do you think taking infinity to school would be smart ?

• Options
    Just don't leave stuff out in the open. Put things away, don't flaunt what you have, and always lock your door. (This is if you are in a dorm. You can never be too careful.)

Granted I had a ton of stuff with me back in the day and never had it stolen, every college dorm is different.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    There's some dealy dealy deals going down this Saturday at your local Gamestop:

InifinityDaySS_1780.jpg

InifinityDaySS_2780.jpg

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Arg. Saw Guardians again today. Put those images away! Haha.

Definitely need the Spidey and Venom figs. I assume Stitch will be in the near future.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    I'm kind of baffled that they went for Iron Fist and not Captain Marvel. I mean, Captain Marvel is actually an Avenger and works with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Plus she'd be a female superhero outside of Black Widow.

I don't understand how Disney, after all its success with its newest batch of strong female leads, is still pushing Superheroes as a boys-only club.

• Options
    InkSplat wrote: »
    I'm kind of baffled that they went for Iron Fist and not Captain Marvel. I mean, Captain Marvel is actually an Avenger and works with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Plus she'd be a female superhero outside of Black Widow.

I don't understand how Disney, after all its success with its newest batch of strong female leads, is still pushing Superheroes as a boys-only club.

Captain Marvel/Miss Marvel has been spotted in some of the promo videos, so she'll likely get a figure eventually.

Also, the 1.0 Starter Pack will be $29.99 at Target 8/17 through 8/23.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    I have a feeling I might try to sell off most of my Infinity stuff this Fall. I'll probably still get the Stitch and Venom figures even if I don't get 2.0 because figures...

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    I'll probably sell off those silly crystal figures I purchased, I'm just waiting to see if they'll show up in the equivalent "Hall of Heroes" in 2.0 first.

Thankfully I never opened them, so I'll probably sell them in a complete batch.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Oh right, Starter Packs for all platforms are $29.99 at Target this week.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I got to play a bit of 2.0 a couple of weeks ago, seemed like fun. Using Iron Man was pretty cool, especially when I came by this series of platforms where you have to hop from one to the next. Partway through, I was just like "wait a minute..." and kicked on the hover and just went right over them.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    So, uhh...

The Marvel figures have me really interested in this (as well as the potential for Star Wars in later versions). Is it worth picking this up? Was the last game any good? It'd be my one really big purchase this fall.

Also, I'm planning on getting it for PS3, but I'd probably switch back and forth between PC and PS3. Is the PC version up to spec with the others, and can you sync progress?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm getting the amazon bundle. It has the starter set, spiderman/nova expansion, Captain America, Venom, and. Rocket.

I will pick up Hawkeye ASAP.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been eyeing that amazon bundle as well.

What are the odds that there will be a better deal closer to or during launch week?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been eyeing that amazon bundle as well.

What are the odds that there will be a better deal closer to or during launch week?

If there is I can always cancel. Amazon doesn't charge till it ships.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I still don't know what I wanna do. I really kind of want to get it digital, but I dunno. They haven't really been announcing good details on that. Plus I feel like I'm not going to have any time to play this right now anyways (Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros, etc) so maybe I should just wait and get stuff cheap (i.e. Black Friday?)

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    How complex is the gameplay? I'm looking for games for my almost 5 year old and being able to play as all her favorite characters would be right up her alley, but shes never really played a game before. Is it simple enough for a kids starter game? This would be on the PS3

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Carpy wrote: »
    How complex is the gameplay? I'm looking for games for my almost 5 year old and being able to play as all her favorite characters would be right up her alley, but shes never really played a game before. Is it simple enough for a kids starter game? This would be on the PS3

I can't comment on 2.0 yet, but 1.0 is definitely kid friendly. You can't even really "die". If your character runs out of health you kind of explode into little bits that then just reform back into the character after 5 seconds or so.

Edit: I'd say it's comparable in difficulty to your average Lego title.

http://youtu.be/vNPRwboiSGk

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »

She should be ok, you might need to help her with some jumpy parts and menus. I'd say seven or so would be about right for playing unassisted, from my experiece with my girls. There is some mild reading and not so mild hand eye coordination required at times. So just be aware you may need to occasionally help out.

As someone with three girls though I'm a bit disappointed in female representation in the game for a company that relies so much on girls for its business. Three of the six sets in the original game and one in the new game have no girls at all, and as far as I'm aware only the incredibles has two playable female characters. Would love to see more females in the main playsets (where's Elizabeth Swan? Calypso? Captain Marvel?) or some new ones (how is there not a Frozen playset out yet?).

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So, uhh...

The Marvel figures have me really interested in this (as well as the potential for Star Wars in later versions). Is it worth picking this up? Was the last game any good? It'd be my one really big purchase this fall.

Also, I'm planning on getting it for PS3, but I'd probably switch back and forth between PC and PS3. Is the PC version up to spec with the others, and can you sync progress?

Sadly, the game is boring as hell. All the characters play the same. You jump and shoot. You get it to build levels which I'm not interested in at all so someone else will need to give you feedback on that and for the Disney nostalgia which I also admit I don't have a smidge of.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Well, the playsets are nice if you like open world/exploration games. I agree on the characters, there are some variations, but its not skylanders, you aren't going to switch characters and end up with a total change in playstyle, Cars excluded.

• Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So, uhh...

Sadly, the game is boring as hell. All the characters play the same. You jump and shoot. You get it to build levels which I'm not interested in at all so someone else will need to give you feedback on that and for the Disney nostalgia which I also admit I don't have a smidge of.

My three year old was beyond excited to play as Elsa from Frozen but then found the game boring as all hell and barely made it five minutes. That about says it all.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Axon wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So, uhh...

My three year old was beyond excited to play as Elsa from Frozen but then found the game boring as all hell and barely made it five minutes. That about says it all.

Yeah, ONE character specific power each would have gone so so far for this.