Options

To [Disney Infinity]...and beyond!

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    I would have liked to had that stand to sit figures on, but no way I was going to pay that for it.

I'm in a Disney Infinity Facebook group and the folks that bought the CE on day one expecting it to be super-limited get pretty chuffed every time it goes on sale--and I can't really blame 'em.

Still, for those of thinking of diving in for the first time and want that base, this isn't a particularly bad deal. The CE is the typical Starter Pack plus Hawkeye, Captain America and Hulk, which aren't included in the standard starter set, and the display base.

Even at the current sale prices that Best Buy has, the starter pack would set you back $40, and the three figures would be $10 each, so you can basically look at this as being all those items with the base for an extra $10.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    So I dove into this over the weekend due to CE as well as a general enjoyment of all things marvel, disney, and star wars (I should just say disney from now on). Are there any good tutorials for making your own games/campaigns? Sorry in advance if they've been posted already.

fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    So I dove into this over the weekend due to CE as well as a general enjoyment of all things marvel, disney, and star wars (I should just say disney from now on). Are there any good tutorials for making your own games/campaigns? Sorry in advance if they've been posted already.

I seem to remember there being a decent set of tutorials made by the Disney Interactive crew themselves up on Youtube, but I don't have any direct links handy at the moment.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

I seem to remember there being a decent set of tutorials made by the Disney Interactive crew themselves up on Youtube, but I don't have any direct links handy at the moment.

Their playlist is here but a lot of them are hit or miss. It helps to watch bottom to top but only a few of them build on each other.

cravipat on
    nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    Are any of you good folks on PS4? I kind of went on a creating binge, so anyone that wants to explore my random builds, I'd be more than happy to share.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    So from that it looks like we have Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Vader from the Classics and Anakin, Ashoka, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Maul from the Clone Wars.,
    Looks like the Disney leaks from earlier were legit too.
    Hulkbuster looks great.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Bet cash money on an Episode 7 playset being released alongside the movie.

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Bet cash money on an Episode 7 playset being released alongside the movie.

The Game Informer article even calls out the episode 7 set. Luke and Leia come with the Classic set, the others are singles. Along with confirming all the Disney leaks. Other highlights include tweaked comabt and revamped driving. Power discs will not be blind packed.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Does Infinity 2.0 perform significantly better on the PS4 than the Wii U version or are all the versions a bit sluggish feeling?

• Options
    Does Infinity 2.0 perform significantly better on the PS4 than the Wii U version or are all the versions a bit sluggish feeling?

I never found the Wii U version sluggish unless you spawn way too many objects on screen. No personal PS4 experience to compare it to.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    cravipatcravipat CFKPW? Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Power discs will not be blind packed.

Finally. I wonder if they'll stick with packs of two or just sell whole sets.

nw1m8qQ.pngwNA4DEe.png6W3X2nk.png
    Super Mario Maker ID: DBB-1RH-JJG
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
  • Options
    I don't consider myself much of a Star Wars fanboy anymore, but holy jeez if that didn't look amazing.

I love the style the Disney Infinity series uses.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    This makes all the time I've been listening to tutorials about how to use all the logic toys worth it...

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Oh my GOD. The inner child in me just came screaming out. Give. Now.

I'm gonna have to go get a second job of some kind to afford all this.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah.. so far I've been able to resist Infinity something fierce....

But. Disney + Marvel + Star Wars... even knowing this was coming a couple years ago... fuck my wallet.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

We bought it initially for Wii U and it renders at a pathetic resolution and the framerate (especially in splitscreen) is atrocious. Which is ridiculous since the Wii U should be able to manage it quite easily.

Luckily, our local Gamestop had just the PS4 disc for $15. It looks and runs like a dream.

In other news I am so fucking excited for this, you guys.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I was just about to link that. The video talking about the design of the figures is fascinating.

A shame to hear that the Wii U version is poo. It's the only version I have access to. (Other than technically the Xbox 360 version...though I don't really play that very much these days.)

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The thing that disappoints me in the Clone Wars era figures is the lack of Rex. The figures are Jedi with lightsaber, Jedi with 2 lightsabers, Jedi with lightsaber, short Jedi with lightsaber, and Sith with double bladed lightsaber. Adding Rex or Padme would have mixed it up a little bit. Although deep in my heart I really just wanted Hondo.

That said I'm still really excited. After seeing all the deals last year there is no way I'm pre-ordering anything though.

Ken O on
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I was just about to link that. The video talking about the design of the figures is fascinating.

A shame to hear that the Wii U version is poo. It's the only version I have access to. (Other than technically the Xbox 360 version...though I don't really play that very much these days.)

Yeah - I was thinking it might have been because we had been playing mostly co-op. I think once I can afford one I'll get a PS4. The nice part is that the portals are compatible so I'd only need a used copy of the disc. Of course, by the time I can afford one hopefully 3.0 will have had some hands on impressions and we'll know if the Wii U runs better than 2.0.

• Options
    It's interesting I started Twitch this week with this game, and I'm pleasantly surprised at the type of gamers I get to talk to. I ran a tutorial last night on a horde mode, which I'm basically making as a placemarker for an Endor map when 3.0 drops. I may preorder the starter but hold off getting the other figures until they go on sale.

• Options
    11210379_1138327579526647_1801305259_n.jpg

For any of you interested in the Vita release of 2.0, you can get the Avengers Play Set for free with purchase this Saturday at Gamestop.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    Starting tomorrow, Target is apparently selling all Infinity stuff at half price. Guess I won't be going to GameStop today.

• Options
    Looks like its finally time for me to pick up that Aladdin 2-pack.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I've been avoiding Infinity from the start, because I collect too many things as it is, I even own a few figures but not the game! There is no way I'm gonna be able to stave off 3.0.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options
    So, probably a better deal to get the Avengers Starter Pack, and then add in, say, the Spidey Set, Hulk, Venom, and a couple of Disney figures (Stitch, and maybe Merida and Tink for the girls).

• Options
    So, probably a better deal to get the Avengers Starter Pack, and then add in, say, the Spidey Set, Hulk, Venom, and a couple of Disney figures (Stitch, and maybe Merida and Tink for the girls).

A better deal than what?

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options

A better deal than what?

Oh yeah, better than the Toybox pack. Extra figure and a play set.

• Options
    I need a PS4 for Disney Infinity because Wii U runs slow on the Toybox and I don't see them fixing that in 3.0. Which is sad because with the Gamepad it should be awesome.

If I put a wish under my pillow, it will come true, right?

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options

A better deal than what?

Oh yeah, better than the Toybox pack. Extra figure and a play set.

Yep, you're correct in that case. Adding three figures and the avengers play set to the toy box starter is more expensive than doing it the other way around.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    A little disingenuous to say they've lowered the price of the 3.0 Starter when they've also removed a figure.

• Options
    Sorry for double post, but Target's website has some "better than half off" deals, with store-pick up possible (if available)

360 2.0 Starter for $22.99
    PS4 2.0 Starter for $24.49
    PS3 2.0 CE for $66.99
    PS4 2.0 CE for $73.99
    Spider-Man Playset for $14.99

• Options
    temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Welp, now I do own 2.0. $25 was too good to pass up.

EDIT: Also, I bought a Nova figure at gamestop just because it looked cool, and now I'm thinking I need that crystal thing and not just a figure to play in the Spidey playset. Right?

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • Options

EDIT: Also, I bought a Nova figure at gamestop just because it looked cool, and now I'm thinking I need that crystal thing and not just a figure to play in the Spidey playset. Right?

I also now own 2.0, my wife talked me into getting it :)

I'm also supposed to go dig through figures at the store when I pick it up to get a few that she likes.

• Options

Yes, you'll need the "Playset Token" (I dunno if that's the actual name) to play in the playset.

Nova is playable in the Avengers set once you've collected all his crossover coins, however.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Damn, Target is running out of the $14.99 Spidey play sets. Should have bought one when I had the chance.

And a lot of the other good deals seem to only be available now for store pickup.

• Options
    Damn, Target is running out of the $14.99 Spidey play sets. Should have bought one when I had the chance.

And a lot of the other good deals seem to only be available now for store pickup.

Most stores will price match, including Best Buy and Wal-Mart.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Sorry for double post, but Target's website has some "better than half off" deals, with store-pick up possible (if available)

360 2.0 Starter for $22.99
    PS4 2.0 Starter for $24.49
    PS3 2.0 CE for $66.99
    PS4 2.0 CE for $73.99
    Spider-Man Playset for $14.99

Thanks for your deal post, Doc. My wife and I picked up the PS4 starter set, 4 figures and 2 sets of toybox levels today.

nusu on