As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dapper Dogs [chat]

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    THEY STOLE MY IDEA. LOTION JEANS WERE MINE THOSE THIEVES.

Technically, didn't it happen on Friends first?

工事中
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    today's PA strip is serving as a fantastic public stone against which i can grind some favorite axes of mine

fake geek girl should indeed only means the ones from canada that you probably haven't met

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Got dat bloodlust gonna KILL DEMONS YEEEAH

DmC is really good, ladies and gents

Get it yesterday wait for the Steam release cause it's totally worth a play.

Just wish it was in full 60fps or indeed the 200 imperceptible frames the PC version is apparently capable of cramming into a second

Man can you even imagine in that many frames? I don't think so!

I can imagine something being 200 hz, yeah

Have you done anything with machine tools yet at university?

If not, get them to do the demonstration about why you don't run a lathe at precisely 6000rpm in a workshop with fluorescent lights.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    As previously mentioned, all admitted students are automatically considered for a merit scholarship award. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be notified of your award by letter. If you are not awarded a scholarship, you will also be notified of this decision by letter.

oh i'm sorry i thought this was the god damn 21st century

One of my grad apps is basically this.

"We cannot give admission decisions over the phone or email."

Well, that seems arbitrary!

When I applied for grad school, they said the same thing, but they also said they COULD give notification through their secure application website and they'd send out emails in rounds to notify people to sign on and look.[/quote

Were you here when i complained about grad security?

One of the schools will email your password in plaintext if you forget it.

Ten minutes into an article on security and you should know better.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Fuck, I'm on a phone. You know what that should be.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Demons enslaved the human race with...... soda.

DmC is so fun. I'm a huge fan of what Ninja Theory (who made Enslaved) does with motion capture to tell a story. The characters actually act. Dante's done some subtle little gestures that you'd see in a movie from a character but not in a videogame in a way that look real.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    japan wrote: »

Just wish it was in full 60fps or indeed the 200 imperceptible frames the PC version is apparently capable of cramming into a second

If not, get them to do the demonstration about why you don't run a lathe at precisely 6000rpm in a workshop with fluorescent lights.

I have not. I'm not even sure we have a lathe, as such. If we do they didn't show it to us in the "look at all our toys" tour

EDIT: If they never show us why, tell me what happens so I can do it and have plausible deniability

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The absolute greatest part about today's PA strip is Tycho's straight ahead glare in the third panel. He knows that lady is made of sticks this time. But god damnit if he is going to back down and allow Gabe to think there is any room for nuance here.

(I am explaining the joke, I know)

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I like to think that Tycho is in fact unaware of the strawman

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Demons enslaved the human race with...... soda.

DmC is so fun. I'm a huge fan of what Ninja Theory (who made Enslaved) does with motion capture to tell a story. The characters actually act. Dante's done some subtle little gestures that you'd see in a movie from a character but not in a videogame in a way that look real.

I watched some live streams and it seems like the "in you face fuck you" stuff isnt as bad as Capcom kept showing us.

Why the hell do companies do stupid shit like that?

• Options

I have not. I'm not even sure we have a lathe, as such. If we do they didn't show it to us in the "look at all our toys" tour

If you have a lab or a workshop for machining you will have lathes.

The guy that did that class for us deliberately set it up to scare the bejesus out of people. The lesson is that fluorescent lights flicker at twice mains frequency (so 100Hz in the UK). 6000rpm = 100 revs/s, meaning that the chuck will appear motionless. If there's other stuff going on and you're wearing ear defenders it is amazingly easy to be fooled into thinking that it's off until you stick something into it.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    I like to think that Tycho is in fact unaware of the strawman

I like to think he was aware the whole time

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    ear defenders

• Options
    edited January 2013

The guy that did that class for us deliberately set it up to scare the bejesus out of people. The lesson is that fluorescent lights flicker at twice mains frequency (so 100Hz in the UK). 6000rpm = 100 revs/s, meaning that the chuck will appear motionless. If there's other stuff going on and you're wearing ear defenders it is amazingly easy to be fooled into thinking that it's off until you stick something into it.

all I know of it is that's there's a plasma cutter a cnc machine and a shitton of old hull models.

EDIT: Also, that is cool. I must do this.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    DmC is actually what I hoped Shadows of the Damned would be. That's a good review.

• Options
    ear defenders

X8z4d.jpg

• Options
    ear defenders

X8z4d.jpg

I know what you meant. It was just slightly different in a way that's charming.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    As previously mentioned, all admitted students are automatically considered for a merit scholarship award. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be notified of your award by letter. If you are not awarded a scholarship, you will also be notified of this decision by letter.
    oh i'm sorry i thought this was the god damn 21st century
    Admissions departments are pretty universally staffed by retards. They probably don't know what to do with emails, other than print them out and fax them to other retards.

• Options

all I know of it is that's there's a plasma cutter a cnc machine and a shitton of old hull models.

It is weird as hell watching the tool carve chunks of metal out of an apparently stationary workpiece. They showed us just so we were aware that it could happen, and to make absolutely, totally, certain that the tool was stopped before reaching into it to change cutters or whatever. All the machines had stops in the speed dials so it could be set to go slightly faster, or slightly slower, than 6000rpm but not that speed exactly.

• Options

It is weird as hell watching the tool carve chunks of metal out of an apparently stationary workpiece. They showed us just so we were aware that it could happen, and to make absolutely, totally, certain that the tool was stopped before reaching into it to change cutters or whatever. All the machines had stops in the speed dials so it could be set to go slightly faster, or slightly slower, than 6000rpm but not that speed exactly.

I have to see this. I can probably get the CNC machine to do it as hands can't go into it anyway.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Fuuuuck I left my work ID, which also contains my metrocard and njt pass, up in my office, which I only realized when I tried to get into the subway. So I had to turn around and go back to get it. Which means I missed the earlier express train and now I have to wait for the much later local train.

Eff. Em. Ell.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    qKMkd.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
  • Options
    ear defenders

X8z4d.jpg

What is the equivalent US term?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    oh no, not the ten minutes longer local train

glory be unto god for express trains, only they can usher you to salvation, etc etc

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    ear defenders

X8z4d.jpg

I usually see them called ear muffs, but that's the same term we use for the ones that just keep your ears warm so ear defenders seems more practical.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    But the local trains is full of locals, not the hip, well-to-do neo-bourgeois that exclusively ride the express train

• Options

glory be unto god for express trains, only they can usher you to salvation, etc etc

You joke, but every time I must suffer a stop at Elizabeth, Linden, or Rahway, a kitten dies

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ear defenders

X8z4d.jpg

and exactly what the fuck is going on in here

• Options

I hate the ten minutes later train because it stops at Duddeston, and Duddeston is depressing as hell.

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

You joke, but every time I must suffer a stop at Elizabeth, Linden, or Rahway, a kitten dies

But puppies are safe?

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular

Don't hate, bro.

I know I get pissed when my commute is increased by 40%.

I sympathize, Hakks; don't let the local train lamers get to you.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    ear defenders

X8z4d.jpg

Earmuffs.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »

But puppies are safe?

No that's Newark International Airport

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

I hate the ten minutes later train because it stops at Duddeston, and Duddeston is depressing as hell.

Duddeston is a depressing name, though, no wonder the place is following suit

They should rename it to Duckston, that'll cheer it up a bit

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Have they considered changing it to Dudeston, possibly Dudesville. I imagine it would be much more upbeat then.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    ear defenders

X8z4d.jpg

Ear guards, ear protectors and ear muffs are all terms I have heard. Mostly ear guards though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

that shit sucks

a 75 minute commute feels so much longer than a 60 minute one after a long day

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

But puppies are safe?

No that's Newark International Airport

You monster!

This discussion has been closed.