As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation [Released!]

1272829303133»

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I would love to get a game on going for this, even if I've lost my skills since playing zero.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That would be awesome. Even though I die if I happen to hit a fly, the Mobius is just too damn fun to fly.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I would be willing to play in half an hour.

My gamertag is "Klyka"

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    finalbroadcastfinalbroadcast WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I love the online matches. I think this is one of the best game to pick up and jump into an online match without dying thirty times before your feet hit the ground. Co-op is lovely, and I just wish I could find Siege games.

finalbroadcast on
    finalbroadcast.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Played a ranked ffa 'cause I was bored. Oh god, nimbus attack, now I see why people turn npc's off.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well,I never played the online so I'd be up for anything.

Co-op sounds good too, if anyone wants to give it a go.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    My 360 is currently being used so I unno if I'll be able to hop on soon or not.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The two Co-ops are pretty fun. One is the harbor defense where you defend/retake a small coastal town (including it's airport) the grand finale is when the enemy fleet shows up and the CVN (Aircraft carrier) launches the Strigian Squad (you have to take out the other vessels before you can destroy the CVN which is the last target).

Two is my favorite. You get to take up to 3 buddies and go after the Aigaion command cruiser. Only there's 2 more defense ships and I think 2 more ECM/ESM craft as well. You also don't have any backup (like Windhover, Blue Max and the like).
    I played this online with some real aces. 2 Japanese guys were using bombers (one was an A-10 the other looked like a Crusader) and pretty much me and the other guy provided air support. As soon as the central area was open, they flew in and dropped their bombs. One pass, everything was dead and we won.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I would like to get a six man crew together for a run at the second stage.

finalbroadcast on
    finalbroadcast.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Nocren wrote: »
    The two Co-ops are pretty fun. One is the harbor defense where you defend/retake a small coastal town (including it's airport) the grand finale is when the enemy fleet shows up and the CVN (Aircraft carrier) launches the Strigian Squad (you have to take out the other vessels before you can destroy the CVN which is the last target).

Two is my favorite. You get to take up to 3 buddies and go after the Aigaion command cruiser. Only there's 2 more defense ships and I think 2 more ECM/ESM craft as well. You also don't have any backup (like Windhover, Blue Max and the like).
    I played this online with some real aces. 2 Japanese guys were using bombers (one was an A-10 the other looked like a Crusader) and pretty much me and the other guy provided air support. As soon as the central area was open, they flew in and dropped their bombs. One pass, everything was dead and we won.
    I know some folks who swear by the A-10 and its FAE. I've tried it, but never found it to my liking. Too slow and all. But, in the situation you describe, an excellent tactic.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    So I've had this since Christmas and haven't opened it. You guys can start yelling at me now.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Nocren wrote: »

I know some folks who swear by the A-10 and its FAE. I've tried it, but never found it to my liking. Too slow and all. But, in the situation you describe, an excellent tactic.

Yeah, by Aces, I ment that while didn't have our kill counts (I was flying the Active Stripe F-15E and I think the other guy was in a F-22) They had the least amount of deaths as well. Given how that whole area is one giant airborne clusterfuck, that proved they had some skill.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    For the First Co-op mission I liked the F-117A, it ain't fast but its bombs rip the fleet into sardine cans rather quickly.

finalbroadcast on
    finalbroadcast.jpg
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I need to get back into this god damn game.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    What we should do is hit up some Co-op and whatnot.

Docshifty on