As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fake guns and the people who love them. [NERF]

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Guys I'm going to buy my first maverick today.

As soon as target opens

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Guys I'm going to buy my first maverick today.

As soon as target opens

You should buy the new revolver that shoots 75 feet and tell me how it it. It is blue and white.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I'm sad nerf has discontinued the melee weapons. I have a long sword that was torn up by a cat and like a replacement.

But man if I had the marauder sword back in like 1990, I'd probably would've been the most satisfied kid in the world.
    What? Nooooooooooooo

I would like the Axe that had a few years ago but I have the hand and a half sword I have my brother's dog scared of because I used to push it away when we would play 40k on the floor. Also it was being used for cheer on when I played with black templars

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    That rebelle pistol looks sweet

Not a massive fan of the bow, but you can't escape bow's nowadays. The crossbow looks alright. I'm a fan

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Melding wrote: »
    they should make a pink longshot.

penis joke

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah Metal, there is a new version of the Maverick/new revolver that you should really be getting instead. A faster action sort of affair.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Im still sad that the nerf hatchet no longer exists

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Im still sad that the nerf hatchet no longer exists

Make your own!

Just wrap some bubblewrap around a real hatchet!

That'll work, right?

• Options
    So for some reason both Walmart and target had no mavericks, I wanted two mavericks, but ended up settling for a strife and a little trio. I'm not big on the strife right now.

• Options
    My mini- haul:
    49DCAFE9-CFEB-459A-AE29-CE07BD7D48FC-516-0000002B697DAB3C_zps8b5426a6.jpg

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    That big one looks boss

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    How is the Strife?

It looks boss as fuck.

Semi auto nerf? Yes please.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Also interested in the handling of that battery powered one. The previous small battery one was really lacking in power. The belt fed machine gun is still my favorite battery nerf gun just because I linked all the belts together and walk about with a chain of 150 darts. I'm a sucker for the clip guns.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    How is the Strife?

It looks boss as fuck.

My only gripe is that the first round of a full six round clip doesn't fire properly. It impotently flops out onto the floor. Also the motor takes a second to wind up. I don't know. That might be because I'm not using fresh batteries.
    Also interested in the handling of that battery powered one. The previous small battery one was really lacking in power. The belt fed machine gun is still my favorite battery nerf gun just because I linked all the belts together and walk about with a chain of 150 darts. I'm a sucker for the clip guns.

For it being my first nerf gun, I'd say it handles well. It's easy to hold and maneuver with it. It's very light and the hand holds fit me well. I find it a little lacking in power, especially compared to that little tiny triad, which will fire a dart all the way across the house with amazing accuracy.

• Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Uriel wrote: »
    How is the Strife?

It looks boss as fuck.

My only gripe is that the first round of a full six round clip doesn't fire properly. It impotently flops out onto the floor. Also the motor takes a second to wind up. I don't know. That might be because I'm not using fresh batteries.

For it being my first nerf gun, I'd say it handles well. It's easy to hold and maneuver with it. It's very light and the hand holds fit me well. I find it a little lacking in power, especially compared to that little tiny triad, which will fire a dart all the way across the house with amazing accuracy.

I've played with the battery-powered revolver one and it had the same issue with the motor, you pull the trigger and it whirrs up and then fires. It is possible to use a non-battery DC source of a higher voltage (I believe like 1.7V vs 1.5V) with the belt-fed gun to speed up rate of fire so I think it is just the motors Nerf uses don't start up well using the convenient AA battery power.

edit:typo

Firematic. on
  • Options
    that's kind of what I thought. I'll see what can be done about the power source to make the motors wind up better.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I'd avoid the motorized nerf weapons, unless you go all out and try to find one of these.

MB, you should get a Rampage or the older Raider version. They're so cool and you can fire a stream of darts at people by holding down the trigger and just pumping the slide. The only bad part about them is having to clean up all the darts afterwards.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Be sure not to go to like, ridiculously high. 10% voltage changes seemed to give some good improvement, but the nature of the soft darts causes problems as the speed goes up since everything runs off the same current. So the feed mechanism will also increase which is what caused problems with the chaingun, just darts getting smooshed.

(I cant remember the exact post/article I was following, but it's similar in approach)
    http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20164

Firematic. on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    @Metalbourne

Nerf fight?

Nerf fight.

@Fire Truck NNNEEEEERRRRRFFFF FIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Who the fuck designed the NERF rebelle line? Slanesh the Pleasure God?

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    I know I saw a video of someone modifying the battery of the belt fed nerf gun to fire as fast as an MG42. The motor burned out shortly afterward but still...

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    they can't.
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Who the fuck designed the NERF rebelle line? Slanesh the Pleasure God?

More like futuoro the just found out about tribal print god

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Hey guys!

8D23D864-0AAF-4BD9-B4E6-206325AF0EF8-1147-000000971CC2E729_zpse3f22bd4.jpg

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Nice. Who or what did you shoot first? It's an important decision, not to be taken lightly.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Nice. Who or what did you shoot first? It's an important decision, not to be taken lightly.

An eight year old kid.

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    good work

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    The only thing I could ask for is if the chamber release was in a better position. I noticed that on the clip release on the stryfe, too. It's awkwardly positioned on both.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    that's roughly where the maverick's chamber release is

different size and shape though, slightly more awkward on the strongarm

Antimatter on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I'm obsessed with the tiny ones.
    http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Reflex_IX-1
    http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Jolt_EX-1
    http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Triad_EX-3
    LOOK AT THAT SHIT

YEAH THEY ONLY HOLD ONE DART EACH BUT YOU CAN JUST CARRY TEN LIKE A PIRATE OR SOMETHING

the other advantage being if you're not feeling particularly chivalrous you can always just whip the empty gun at someone

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Also, I think the sleek look of the Rebelle line is prime for repainting. I like it better than the chunky look of n-strike line.

• Options
    It's sad the toy department at work is a wasteland
    There are NO transfromers or any of the new nerf stuff on the shelves it's all in the back and the manager is bitching at people for putting out the new stuff

• Options
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Also, I think the sleek look of the Rebelle line is prime for repainting. I like it better than the chunky look of n-strike line.

I'm buying one as soon as I see it

• Options
    I am going to see how big they really are as the maverick looks normal sized in my hands

• Options
    I wish these guns had a de-cocking lever, too. Letting the gun just sit there when you're not using it is probably bad for it.

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    if a gun has a manual slide you can pull it back and fire and slowly bring it forward to de-cock it

like a revolver, kinda

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I just got a Rayven for about $20 from a store that's going out of business.

Its p. cool looking.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I wish these guns had a de-cocking lever, too. Letting the gun just sit there when you're not using it is probably bad for it.

which nerf gun are we talking about here

you shouldn't have to leave any of them cocked

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Then I am doing something bad at work as I cock them all and put them back on the shelf

• Options
    DimosarDimosar I am the Brain Genius Registered User regular
    Oh Nerf, please make for me a revolver where the button that opens the barrel is within reach of the trigger finger

and none of that Maverick business, you know what I mean