As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Planetside 2]: NiZn doesnt do it for me anymore, only LiCoO2 gives the fix I need.

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Yay more AA.

SOE really don't want people flying do they? Every patch has a buff to AA or a nerf to air. Literally every patch.

A bunch of MBT with flak guns on them sounds terrifying. Also being able to switch seats from driver to gunner makes it even worse.

wakkawa on
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Like any good war profiteer, first sell the good stuff to just one side,
    which lets you sell even more stuff to the opposite side
    You aren't opposed to letting SOE make money right?

Another concern with balancing this game is carefully avoiding anything that sounds like a nerf to things people spent money on.

rRootagea on
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Yay more AA.

SOE really don't want my 10+ KDR? Every patch has a buff to AA or a nerf to my 10+ KDR. Literally every patch.

A bunch of MBT with flak guns on them sounds terrifying. Also being able to switch seats from driver to gunner makes it even worse.

Translation for those new to the thread.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    NotoriusBEN
    edited January 2013
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Yay more AA.

SOE really don't want my 10+ KDR? Every patch has a buff to AA or a nerf to my 10+ KDR. Literally every patch.

Derp, I get 10:1 with infantry also.

So you know, don't be a goose

wakkawa on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Yay more AA.

So you know, don't be a dick.

What do you abuse for that?
    Is there a MAV in this game I missed?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    TOGSolidLt Muffin360ElldrenFoefallerMegaMekThat_Guy
    Yay more AA.

So you know, don't be a dick.

This dick hit a sensitive spot? Can I keep going or do you need lube?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • lazegamerlazegamer Registered User regular
    As someone who mostly pilots a scythe, I'm not overly concerned by the new AA changes they've given MBT's. Just so long as they continue let me take them out in one rocket salvo from behind.

Down with O.P.P.
    edited January 2013
    lazegamer wrote: »
    As someone who mostly pilots a scythe, I'm not overly concerned by the new AA changes they've given MBT's. Just so long as they continue let me take them out in one rocket salvo from behind.

Picking off lone tanks should be easy enough. Multiple tanks will be hard to tell if you can gun for them or not. With this update it's going to put a lot more AA out in the field. There's really no reason to have anything but AA as your secondary.

wakkawa on
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Am I the only person that doesn`t hate the skyguyard? I've had fairly good luck with it.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I wonder why they're adding the Ranger when they've already got the Walker. It seems kinda unnecessary.

wWuzwvJ.png
    It will make sense when they add the Texas GtA missile.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
    ElvenshaeA duck!VorpalLt Muffin360ElldrenElbasunuNotoriusBENMegaMek
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    I wonder why they're adding the Ranger when they've already got the Walker. It seems kinda unnecessary.

The ranger is an actual flak,meaning it shakes the vehicle, explodes, obscures vision, etc...
    The Walker is still a normal gun that just deals damage and can also hit armor/infantry properly.

Also, smedbucks rule all.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • dj.subversivedj.subversive Registered User regular
    It will make sense when they add the Texas GtA missile.

nice.

I had gotten a Walker a while back for my Vanguard because I didn't know any better, so it was nice to see that it got buffed up. I might actually use it now (or rather, stick it on my tank so that nobody uses it unless I'm switching seats).

Relatedly, what the fuck is with 1/12 sunderers just taking off from a base right away without waiting around for the other people who helped cap it? I want a ride, and your guns are lonely! I've started parking near (not in front of) the vehicle pad for a minute or so (if it's safe, of course) when I pull a Sunderer, because I'd rather take some time and have people shooting the big guns on top of my bus than drive around in a high-priority target and get rocketed to death with no way to defend myself (but I was there sooner!).

• SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    There's really no reason not to have your secondary as AA.

Hahahahaha. Oh man that is rich.

• VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    There's really no reason to have anything but AA as your secondary.

Unless you want to, you know, win actual tank fights.

I don't know how you can argue with this latest patch - the walker was utterly useless. If it's not useless now, that's a good thing.

I still see enormous air zergs owning it up left and right even after the constant stream of horrible nerfs to air, so it seems things aren't as bad as all that.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
    edited January 2013
    Vorpal wrote: »
    There's really no reason to have anything but AA as your secondary.

Unless you want to, you know, win actual tank fights.

I don't know how you can argue with this latest patch - the walker was utterly useless. If it's not useless now, that's a good thing.

I still see enormous air zergs owning it up left and right even after the constant stream of horrible nerfs to air, so it seems things aren't as bad as all that.

The only time I have ever seen an air zerg is with a ground zerg. Which usually just runs around capping empty bases.

When I tank I always just roll HE. If you are rolling around solo in a tank then you are doing it wrong. in that situation a second gunner isn't even needed to fight other armor.

wakkawa on
    I really hate people that use the crash bug to take bases.

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The more I use it, the more I love the stock LMG for NC. It can get headshots at 150 meters without breaking a sweat. I was doing mostly infantry stuff as HA tonight and felt almost unstoppable. If you can get into a really good spot with a drop pod or grav lifts, you can rain death upon all within 200 meters. People laugh at me when I say NC gets the best guns.

Edit: They fixed the crash bug last weekish.

That_Guy on
    Did they fix it? Cus it just happened to a bunch of people at a bio lab.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Did they fix it? Cus it just happened to a bunch of people at a bio lab.
    Happened twice to us today. There are still definitely still some crash bug shenanigans going on.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    My character sheet on PS-U shows me as part of an outfit I don't remember joining. Is this part of the Showdown?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    double exp weekend this weekend, it seems! Kind of sooner than I expected and, once again, I work saturday (sigh.)

I face a weird dilemma with my TR guy: I could buy most of the stuff I want for him outright with SC, but it would pretty much cash out my triple SC day windfall. Part of me wants to just spend it, but I also kind of wanted to save some for future stuff they might add. And buying some stuff now seems like a dumb compromise solution, since I'd just be eliminating some chances at stuff coming up for daily sale.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    Woo, double EXP! :3

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Going to attempt to log into Connery today and play, but I suspect it will be hammered with traffic. I assume they'll probably restart the server before the event and set the territories to a neutral state, unless they have something else planned. If it hasn't changed since launch each continent holds 660 per faction, so 1980 total faction per server (5,940 total players).

• lazegamerlazegamer Registered User regular
    I really hate people that use the crash bug to take bases.

I "survived" a crash bug today. Was really strange. I figured I was about to get booted because everyone stopped moving. Then I noticed a few people who, like me, weren't affected. I felt a little bad collecting that yummy xp from all of the TR standing around defenseless. Only a little though.

Down with O.P.P.
    The Dalton is today's Daily Deal...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Wulf wrote: »

Where are you hearing about the double XP? Is this just through the game client?

steam_sig.png
    I don't know if it's the crash bug or the game being less stable, but since the hotfix, I have frozen/crashed 3-4 times. I literally had not crashed/frozen a single other time playing PS2 on this computer.

steam_sig.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    Wulf wrote: »

Where are you hearing about the double XP? Is this just through the game client?

I just logged in last night and happened to look at the downtime forum post, and it said they were taking stuff offline to turn double exp on (runs till monday.) I guess the event thing is the occasion?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I don't know if it's the crash bug or the game being less stable, but since the hotfix, I have frozen/crashed 3-4 times. I literally had not crashed/frozen a single other time playing PS2 on this computer.

After I solved the initial regular crashing I was fine until they started rolling out fixes and performance improvements :(

Though the only routine issue is eventually crashing upon vehicle exit, the rest seems uncommon and changes with patches.

I always get irked when NC players say that VS/TR AI Max are fine, they just need to shoot from farther away!

MAX have no optics, when you're trying to shoot at something ' mid range' your TTK is atrociously bad. NC AI MAX get to insta kill people in their optimal range. VS/TR MAX get to watch people casually stroll behind over at their optimal range. VS/TR MAX are nowhere near as deadly as NC MAX, it's not at all comparable.

That said I think NC AI MAX are closer to where we need to be. Much like how a HA is better at killing tanks than an AV MAX, I tend to think an HA/medic would be better at killing infantry than an AI MAX.

steam_sig.png
    I can live with current VS AI MAX lethality if they give them jump jets like PS1. They really just need to tone down NC AI MAX damage on other MAXes so TR/VS can use them to tank the damage long enough for firepower to be brought to bear. It is absurd that Hacksaws do more damage versus MAXes than dual Comets (Anti-Vehicle weapons).

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    I always get irked when NC players say that VS/TR AI Max are fine, they just need to shoot from farther away!

MAX have no optics, when you're trying to shoot at something ' mid range' your TTK is atrociously bad. NC AI MAX get to insta kill people in their optimal range. VS/TR MAX get to watch people casually stroll behind over at their optimal range. VS/TR MAX are nowhere near as deadly as NC MAX, it's not at all comparable.

That said I think NC AI MAX are closer to where we need to be. Much like how a HA is better at killing tanks than an AV MAX, I tend to think an HA/medic would be better at killing infantry than an AI MAX.

And the Vanu AI MAX just has terrible spread even at close range. There is a reason a lot of Vanu MAX fans just use dual Comets even for anti-infantry. At least they can hit things. It also functions reasonably as a vehicle deterrent with some good positioning since the projectiles don't drop.

• Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    NC MAXes are crazy good compared to the VS/TR, that being said however, I feel that the TR max is better than the VS max. Not by a ton but those chainguns they get for infantry killing aren't terrible. They aren't good but aren't terrible. Terrible being the infantry guns the VS maxes get.

steam_sig.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    NC MAXes are crazy good compared to the VS/TR, that being said however, I feel that the TR max is better than the VS max. Not by a ton but those chainguns they get for infantry killing aren't terrible. They aren't good but aren't terrible. Terrible being the infantry guns the VS maxes get.

The heavy cycler for the TR MAX is way better at range than the NC MAX. The NC MAX also has the weakest AV weapon. All that being said, the NC MAX is absolutely the best inside of 20ish meters or whatever the charging distance is.

Edit: With the extended mags, you gain an extra 10 meters to your kill radius, but they are 500 certs for each arm. Totally worth it IMO.

That_Guy on

All VS/TR AI MAX guns are statistically identical, with the exception of blue shifts, which are terrible and appear to be bugged. VS AV MAX slightly better than NC & TR (which are basically unusable) because of pin point accuracy, but you'd be better off with an HA.

Likewise for the AI work - VS & TR may do more damage than a NC MAX at range, but it's irrelevant, since they're being outdamaged at range by any HA/medic with a good long range gun. MAX are not for long range work. They don't have the accuracy for it. The MAX might have more survivability than an HA/Medic, but against NC MAX that doesn't mean anything.

There is a definite niche for 'close range MAX that kills everything in one hit'.

I don't think there is a niche for a long range MAX, because MAX are generally bad at long range work because of the low accuracy. So the fact that VS and TR MAX are better than NC MAX at range is pretty much irrelevant, leaving NC MAX the undisputed best MAX, by orders of magnitude. I like where the NC MAX is at for close range work and kind of wish the others would be brought up to its level. I think all AV MAX, even the VS one which is by far the best, need to be better.

steam_sig.png
    They need to not nerf the NC max and buff the others. Tired of nerfs.

Last night I held back a dozen or more vanu in a biolab by myself in a dual hacksaw MAX. Held them off long enough for reinforcements to arrive.

Felt pretty badass. SLUGs are amazing. I dumped my remaining 2000 certs into it.

• Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    I agree that the NC max is fine. I want the others to be buffed.

Maxes should be tough to kill. I like rounding the corner and going 'OH SHIT' as I fight close combat with a max. It is a rush that is fun for me.

steam_sig.png
    Hopefully being unable to load this new Development Roadmap is not actually indicative of the next 6 months.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png