As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Planetside 2]: NiZn doesnt do it for me anymore, only LiCoO2 gives the fix I need.

• VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    It's a meta troll.

I saw some reference to UES decals. How are those and what do I get them?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it loads for me

or possibly, it's loading now

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Working now for me. February for pump action shotguns and ES Rocket Launchers!

Edit:
    February
    -Wraith cloak option for flashes driven by infiltrators
    -VR Training area
    -Orbital Strikes
    -Improved community grief reporting

March
    -Light Assault revamp
    -MAX flamethrowers
    -continent locking
    -ragdoll physics
    -implants!

April
    -new Interlink Facility base type
    -common pool heavy pistols
    -Sunderer updates
    -new continent: Hossin

May
    -MAX revamp

June
    -new vehicle type: Buggy
    -outfit base capture
    -player made decals

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    most of the stuff in it is good, too, although I question their priorities to some extent. I like that they seem to be making an effort to emphasize defense to a greater extent than it currently is, don't so much like orbital strikes (although the description of them is pretty amusing, to wit):
    Orbital Strikes are intended to help push enemy players out of an area by turning that area into a series of large explosions.

it also seems like stuff like accountwide purchases or more vanity slots could happen sooner, but what do I know

NREqxl5.jpg
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    March - MAX Flamethrowers

A new weapon type for MAX suits, the Flamethrower will be designed to inflict sustained damage against soft targets.
    OhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhpleaseOhplease

wWuzwvJ.png
    Geth
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Vorpal wrote: »
    It's a meta troll.

I saw some reference to UES decals. How are those and what do I get them?

I asked a while ago too, think I know how.

1. Get ye Twitter.
    2. Declare your allegiance to @planetside2 #planetside2 #PS2Showdown and your faction leader (@SeaNanners for NC, @TotalBiscuit for TR or @LevelCapGaming for VS).
    3. Someone will tweet you a promo code for the emblem. Eventually.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    May - Class Revamp: MAX

We want to improve and polish the MAX class.

As part of the improvements, we would like to add in unique abilities per faction:
    TR: Lockdown
    At the expense of losing mobility, the TR max can shift into an alternate fire mode that buffs offensive and/or defensive capabilities.
    NC: Shielding
    Create a personal shield for the MAX
    VS: TBD
    We’re still mulling over a cool ability for the VS MAX, though I’m told we won’t be letting them fly ala the original Planetside. Let us know if you have ideas.
    We also intend on adding indirect fire/grenade launcher options for the MAX

Bah!

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    When I tank I always just roll HE. If you are rolling around solo in a tank then you are doing it wrong. in that situation a second gunner isn't even needed to fight other armor.

Yes, because weapons such as the Sauron and Vulcan simply do not exist. You probably shouldn't be talking about how gunners are useless if your express purpose in being in a tank is to farm infantry with HE rounds.

relatively short range infantry killing is one of the better uses of a tank; tanks are kind of ineffective at killing each other from any kind of distance, especially compared to air or lock-on HAs.

I can't decide if I think it's worth it to get HE rounds for my prowler, now. Kinda want to get the vulcan first and see if seat swapping is practical at all.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Dual Wielding Light Assaults? As someone who plays a LOT of LA when I'm not in a vehicle, I approve.

Oh god, they're planning on doing a TF2 style locked box unlock system. WHYYYYYYYYY????

Also May is when non-NC stop fighting in Biolabs. Hacksaw MAXes with shields....game over.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W9fF0PNPWfU

Basically, the hacksaw MAX insta kills infantry (literally, one click = dead. TTK = 0) at 10m or less, and with slugs, kills faster and more accurately at the 'longer' ranges than the very Vs/TR MAX that are supposed to do better in these ranges, and with the charge ability, can zoom into close range where its shotguns are most lethal in those rare situations where a TR/VS MAX does catch an NC MAX at a disadvantage.

May seems like a long time for TR/VS to have horrible MAX suits. Oh well.

steam_sig.png
    GethCarbonFireElvenshaeTOGSolid
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Hopefully being unable to load this new Development Roadmap is not actually indicative of the next 6 months.

That looks fucking awesome. I like how you can vote on and discuss the proposed changes.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Man, no flight for VS maxes...

...how about a gradius style Option system? Give vanu maxes some sort of floating support probe...

I'd take that or a short range teleport >.>

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

...how about a gradius style Option system? Give vanu maxes some sort of floating support probe...

How about something like an EMP that only effects enemies in the radius, or perhaps make them more suporty, and give them an ability that increases the recharge of Infantry shields near the MAX?

Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    3 words:

Laser. Beam. Eyes.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2013
    Wulf wrote: »

How about something like an EMP that only effects enemies in the radius, or perhaps make them more suporty, and give them an ability that increases the recharge of Infantry shields near the MAX?

My suggestion (0:45 seconds in):
    http://youtu.be/5KDXZWUb3R0

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
    anchored mode for TR MAXes made me chuckle

because it worked sooo well for the prowler right?

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular

Different units though. I think it is going to work very well for the Max, but yeah, on a tank, it isn't a great ability.

steam_sig.png
    Anchored burster MAXes...

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Wait...this is dumb, VS MAX should obviously get laser swords.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    Elvenshae
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Log into Connery for the first time in a month and see that NC hasn't changed a bit. Warpgated on Esamir, losing everything on Indar, and zerging on empty Amerish.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Wait...this is dumb, VS MAX should obviously get laser swords.

A VS MAX'll have to be knocked down to 1/2 health before it can use it, but it's got a huge AoE and one-shots anything less than an MBT.

EDIT: The Geth approve; let it be done according to my Will [of Vanu]!

Elvenshae on
    Geth
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Anchored burster MAXes...

I'll see your anchored Burster MAXes, and Raise you SHIELDED Burster MAXes.

What good is an anchored Burster MAX if I can just shoot him from behind ;-)

And against infantry, anchoring yourself is just going to make you an easy target for HA rockets. Poke head out of doorway....shoot rocket...hide to reload...repeat.

All of the MAXes should get shields. Give them some other ability to differentiate the different factions. Giving the already superior NC MAX even more durability above and beyond the other faction MAXes is just going to make that disparity even greater. Biolabs are going to be an NC-only affair come May if they continue down this path.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire

Different units though. I think it is going to work very well for the Max, but yeah, on a tank, it isn't a great ability.

it really presents the same issue; incoming damage happens so quickly in PS2 that you can't really afford to be stuck in place for long. An anchored MAX would be an easy target for any random HA that walked by, or for any other kind of explosive depending on how fast you can un-anchor. Bursters are the MAX weapon it makes the most sense for, but most burster maxes are stationary-ish anyway and don't particularly need a buff.

Unfortunately TR's usual speed/maneuverability advantage is kind of right out, since every MAX can sprint anyway

NREqxl5.jpg
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Wulf wrote: »

My suggestion (0:45 seconds in):
    http://youtu.be/5KDXZWUb3R0

I would like one of each for my MAX please.

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Theres a reason no one uses those stupid engi turrets.

It's just a big ol "Hit me with a rocket please" sign.

wakkawa on
    ElbasunuTOGSolid
    If you're looking to get in on the Showdown event you'd better log in right now. Event will be on Amerish and winning faction gets 1000 certs. It's already queued to hell, and if you are non-premium member you are screwed.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Theres a reason no one uses those stupid engi turrets.

It's just a big ol "Hit me with a rocket please" sign.

They're pretty great

as decoys

fuck gendered marketing
    I use them as decoys as well. Ha

How long is the premium queue? I have WORK

Yay, the true Connery NC leader is here!

?.png

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I see

CHKILROY

VS and TR are doomed.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Log in and show your might through these three challenging scenarios, and show your enemies who they are contending with. Help your empire dominate to claim total victory!

Flight of the Galaxies – The Empire that holds this facility on the most servers at the end of this 30-minute challenge will secure the victory.
    None Shall Pass –If this facility is in your Empire's hands on the most servers at the end of this 30-minute challenge, triumph will be yours.
    Territory Tyrant – Control the most territory at the end of this 30-minute challenge to win this battle for your Empire.

Everyone can be involved in this battle between Empires and servers. Join us on Connery to play alongside LevelCap, SeaNanners and Total Biscuit, or play on other servers to show your Empire's complete superiority. All three challenges take place on Amerish.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
    Yeah forget about getting on Amerish, it's currently 500+ queue just on NC side to get in.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Ugh

Amerish

fuck gendered marketing
    how long does this showdown thing go on for?

NREqxl5.jpg
    Filthy VS won the first round. This event is pretty much a big fail with most people not being able to get on the continent, the stream broken and offline, and Adrienne Curry.

edited January 2013
    How did the VS even win that? The NC had more bases?

Like on waterson? Or is that a global message sent to all places jsut for connery or what?

wakkawa on
    Ties are broken by whoever's tank can float higher

steam_sig.png
    f3rretElvenshae
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Stream's not even working for me. It was fine at the beginning and then it choked and died during the TR intros.

EDIT: Refreshing fixed it. Guess I can't play and watch at the same time.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Vanu for the WIN. Free robokidneys for all!

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live