As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadow Moses Pre-PAX Game Night at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf! (Updated 3/20/13)

• Options
    RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    Cool beans. I'll come to this, it's the closest of the three to my hotel, and I'd rather be with a comparatively smaller crowd.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Raughn wrote: »
    Cool beans. I'll come to this, it's the closest of the three to my hotel, and I'd rather be with a comparatively smaller crowd.

Awesome!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    This is awesome. I will definity be here. I can bring some games as well, but since some of the games can be fairly heavy to bring, can I get an idea of what people would like me to bring?

We didn't play test this at all
    Citadels
    Pirate Fluxx
    Stone Age
    7 Wonders
    I also have copies of CAH + the 2 expansions, and Zombie dice with the xmas dice.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    This is awesome. I will definity be here. I can bring some games as well, but since some of the games can be fairly heavy to bring, can I get an idea of what people would like me to bring?

Citadels
    Pirate Fluxx
    Stone Age
    7 Wonders
    I also have copies of CAH + the 2 expansions, and Zombie dice with the xmas dice.

Cool! I would say We Didn't Play Test This At All, Pirate Fluxx, CAH, Zombie Dice and maybe 7 Wonders. If that's cool with you I'll add it to the OP.

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular

Citadels
    Pirate Fluxx
    Stone Age
    7 Wonders

Cool! I would say We Didn't Play Test This At All, Pirate Fluxx, CAH, Zombie Dice and maybe 7 Wonders. If that's cool with you I'll add it to the OP.
    I'd personally would swap Stone Age in, and 7 Wonders out. 7 Wonders is unopened and im willing to sell it to someone, otherwise rather not lug it out.
    Feel free to add to OP

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options

Citadels
    Pirate Fluxx
    Stone Age
    7 Wonders

I'd personally would swap Stone Age in, and 7 Wonders out. 7 Wonders is unopened and im willing to sell it to someone, otherwise rather not lug it out.
    Feel free to add to OP

Consider it swapped and added. Thanks!

• Options
    PainePaine Registered User regular

Citadels
    Pirate Fluxx
    Stone Age
    7 Wonders

Feel free to add to OP

I'd like to take 7 Wonders off your hands. I have opened but unplayed copies of A Game of Thrones LCG Core Set and Illuminati by Steve Jackson to trade, or I'll pay market price.

6nOrszL.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Please don't use these forums as a marketplace.

• Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I'm going to make every attempt to stop by for a good portion of time here. I plan on bringing CAH, Munchkin, and Drinking Quest. In all honesty, I would love to try as many games as possible! Side note: I'll have my 3DS on me.

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    I'm going to make every attempt to stop by for a good portion of time here. I plan on bringing CAH, Munchkin, and Drinking Quest. In all honesty, I would love to try as many games as possible! Side note: I'll have my 3DS on me.

I've been wanting to try Drinking Quest FOREVER! Which Munchkin are you bringing?

• Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I've been wanting to try Drinking Quest FOREVER! Which Munchkin are you bringing?
    At least the original. I will be buying some expansions before PAX East, though.

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    Ok cool

• Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I am a noob with 99% of these games. That being said I'm bringing my 3DS. Hopefully we can get some games going.

This space for rent
  • Options
    There's no better place to learn a new game than PAX. That's where I learned Munchkin and Zombie Dice

• Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I'll have Zombie Dice, MTG, Fluxx, Zombie Fluxx and maybe Original Munchkin with me...currently planning on going to the PPGN at the Westin, but could also be interested in the Seaport.

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Josh5890 wrote: »
    I am a noob with 99% of these games. That being said I'm bringing my 3DS. Hopefully we can get some games going.

IMHO, the greatest thing about the Pre PAX Game nights is that anyone - ANYONE - can sit down with a group of complete strangers and a game they've never played before and have a great time. Go play something you haven't played before! Try out boardgaming! It's a great way to break the ice and make new friends for PAX.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options

IMHO, the greatest thing about the Pre PAX Game nights is that anyone - ANYONE - can sit down with a group of complete strangers and a game they've never played before and have a great time. Go play something you haven't played before! Try out boardgaming! It's a great way to break the ice and make new friends for PAX.

You make a good point. Maybe this could help me break out of my shell, especially since this is my first Pax. Thankfully it looks like a short walk from the Omni Parker.

P.S- Wow only 6 weeks away.

This space for rent
  • Options
    jack21222jack21222 Registered User regular
    This is the closest of the 3 hotels to my apartment via the T, so I'm likely going to bring Arkham Horror to the Long Wharf. Since we only have 4 hours, and a game of Arkham can easily take that long if I'm teaching new players, the game will have to start close to 8pm. I'll have all the decks shuffled and the expansions separated out beforehand to save time.

• Options
    jack21222 wrote: »
    This is the closest of the 3 hotels to my apartment via the T, so I'm likely going to bring Arkham Horror to the Long Wharf. Since we only have 4 hours, and a game of Arkham can easily take that long if I'm teaching new players, the game will have to start close to 8pm. I'll have all the decks shuffled and the expansions separated out beforehand to save time.

Very cool. I'll update the OP in a few minutes. I heard Arkham Horror can get pretty intense.

• Options

You make a good point. Maybe this could help me break out of my shell, especially since this is my first Pax. Thankfully it looks like a short walk from the Omni Parker.

P.S- Wow only 6 weeks away.

You know what they say, you never forget your first PAX :)

• Options
    Updated with games from @Thunderous_T

• Options
    N13N13 Registered User regular
    N13 wrote: »
    I can add another set of Zombie Dice and the Munchkin base (old skewl--no color). I also have Star Fluxx and Back to the Future (Chrononauts).
    Unless I am swayed by the Pokecrawl, I'm still planning to attend with these games. I also have Dominion, but I'm not sure I want to carry that 800 miles to Boston.

• Options
    RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    I'll bring Gloom. That's all I can commit to, but if I can fit some other stuff in my rather light packing plan, I'll bring some surprises.

• Options
    I can add another set of Zombie Dice and the Munchkin base (old skewl--no color). I also have Star Fluxx and Back to the Future (Chrononauts).
    Unless I am swayed by the Pokecrawl, I'm still planning to attend with these games. I also have Dominion, but I'm not sure I want to carry that 800 miles to Boston.

Thanks for the confirmation N13, and Raughn I'll add Gloom to the list in a bit.

• Options
    Updated with a new available game and a new request

• Options
    The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    I should be coming and bringing Pandemic, but won't be getting there until around 10.

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • Options
    I should be coming and bringing Pandemic, but won't be getting there until around 10.

Awesome! We'll see you then!

• Options
    I'm guessing that we aren't allowed in before 8 pm?

This space for rent
  • Options
    I'm guessing that we aren't allowed in before 8 pm?

In the private dining area, no. But I'm sure if you order some drinks from the bar area and sit there, there shouldn't be any problems.

• Options
    FriendOfAnimalsFriendOfAnimals Registered User regular
    this is amazing and thanks for setting it up. i'll be there + 3.

• Options

Thanks, but the real thanks goes to the Long Wharf for giving us an awesome gaming space for free! Thank them by buying lots o' food and drinks :lol:

• Options

Thanks, but the real thanks goes to the Long Wharf for giving us an awesome gaming space for free! Thank them by buying lots o' food and drinks :lol:

I don't drink but I'll certainly wait to have a late dinner :) That menu looks very impressive.

This space for rent
  • Options
    Yeah it does! I'm hungry just looking at it.

• Options
    BearTheHumanBearTheHuman Registered User regular
    I will be there with my group and Pandemic, maybe Dominion if we have room in my car for it as well! We will be there at start time!

• Options
    I will be there with my group and Pandemic, maybe Dominion if we have room in my car for it as well! We will be there at start time!

Awesome! I'll add them to the list!

• Options
    Does anyone have any of the D&D boardgames?

• Options
    Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I have Lords of Waterdeep

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I have Lords of Waterdeep

Cool I'll add it to the op if you want to bring it

Halfazedninja on

• Options
    Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Sure i'll bring it! This is going to be fun :D

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • Options
    Sir AurosSir Auros Registered User regular
    I see Magic on the requested list, would anyone be down for some EDH?