Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE.

24567100

Posts

  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Surprised to see SE and especially South VA going cowboys and not redskins. I understand there are a lot of transplants in norfolk and surrounding areas, but i didn't think they favored any single team.

    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    What does that image mean? It confuses me.

    616610-1.png
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    As someone who lives in Eastern NC, there should be a MUCH bigger Redskins presence. Hell, it was a Redskins television audience prior to the Panthers.

    TFEOM_banner.jpg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Poor Jets. I think they have one little square in there.

    I also like how Florida is such a mishmash of North East teams.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Pittsburghs all over the place.

  • southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    I am just trying to figure out what shade of red that is in the middle of Alaska.

  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8893843
    Hahaha, Moss thinks he's the greatest WR ever. And all those stats where Rice beats the shit of him, those don't matter because stats don't measure greatness.

  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8893843
    Hahaha, Moss thinks he's the greatest WR ever. And all those stats where Rice beats the shit of him, those don't matter because stats don't measure greatness.

    Yep, not stats. Just effort, and playing your hardest, and... Wait.

    It's about not nudging women police officers with your car... No, that's not it either

    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Oh Randy... what is even the point in saying that? You are like the second best reciever of all time, why do you need to run around spouting on about being the greatest? What is in it for you?

    That being said, I still hope you get a superbowl championship this year...

    616610-1.png
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    It's totally about super bowl rin......... Nope, that's not it either.

  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Disrupter wrote: »
    What does that image mean? It confuses me.

    Some guy who works for Facebook took the pages of all 32 teams, mapped out where people were liking them from, and that map is the dominant team for each county. The Jets only have a single county on Long Island.

    Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • CogCog I'm festive as fuck. Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    What does that image mean? It confuses me.

    Some guy who works for Facebook took the pages of all 32 teams, mapped out where people were liking them from, and that map is the dominant team for each county. The Jets only have a single county on Long Island.

    I can only assume this is where the majority of the team lives.

    Element Brian
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    also i hate the overly abundant amount of Steelers fans in Utah, like it pisses me off to no end. You don't have your own team, so you have to fucking pick those guys?

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    DasUberEdward
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    Gosling wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    What does that image mean? It confuses me.

    Some guy who works for Facebook took the pages of all 32 teams, mapped out where people were liking them from, and that map is the dominant team for each county. The Jets only have a single county on Long Island.

    I can only assume this is where the majority of the team lives.

    Long Island has the Mets and the Islanders

    maybe they jsut like teams that lose?

  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    lol wtf steelers

    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Sangheili91
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    also i hate the overly abundant amount of Steelers fans in Utah, like it pisses me off to no end. You don't have your own team, so you have to fucking pick those guys?

    Steeler nation is the best nation, apparently.

  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    also i hate the overly abundant amount of Steelers fans in Utah, like it pisses me off to no end. You don't have your own team, so you have to fucking pick those guys?

    Big Rothlesberger fans out there.

    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Looked for western-interior (and Oregon) college players on their roster to see if that explains anything. When some areas don't have a pro team, some fans default to college alumni.

    Febron Hangupo, DT, BYU
    Robert Golden, S, Arizona
    Brett Keisel, DR, BYU
    Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon St.
    David Paulson, TE, Oregon
    Stevenson Sylvester, ILB, Utah

    ...well, that sure as hell ain't the reason.

    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8893843
    Hahaha, Moss thinks he's the greatest WR ever. And all those stats where Rice beats the shit of him, those don't matter because stats don't measure greatness.

    If you have to try to convince people you are the best ever, then you aren't the best ever.

  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Gosling wrote: »
    Looked for western-interior (and Oregon) college players on their roster to see if that explains anything. When some areas don't have a pro team, some fans default to college alumni.

    Febron Hangupo, DT, BYU
    Robert Golden, S, Arizona
    Brett Keisel, DR, BYU
    Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon St.
    David Paulson, TE, Oregon
    Stevenson Sylvester, ILB, Utah

    ...well, that sure as hell ain't the reason.

    Brent Keisel is kinda popular, but then again, i see tons of Steelers fans in Salt Lake and Salt Lake HATES BYU

    and even then i wouldn't say it's enough to convince them otherwise, especially when you have more recent and very popular BYU players like Austin Collie on the Colts and Dennis Pitta on the Ravens, heck, there are still huge 49ers fans here just because of Steve Young

    even with Utah, Sylvester wasn't a huge player, but Krueger who plays for the Ravens was, so was Alex Smith. and shit going by that logic, northern utah should be HUGE Seahawks fans what with Wagner and Robert Turbin coming from Utah State

    not saying the idea is wrong, but for some reason it doesn't really apply here as much as we would think it would, and there is still a disproportionately high amount of Steelers fans here, i blame bandwagoning, after a couple superbowls 10 years ago, most people have held onto them for some reason.

    same reason theres a shit ton of yankees and red sox fans here

    Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    Troy Pomamalu is pacific islander, it's possible that all the mormon brothers are down with that.

  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    You a scumbag, Chris Culliver

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--report--niners-cb-says-openly-gay-players-would-not-be-welcomed-on-the-team-190346715.html
    "I don't do the gay guys man," said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah."

    y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    Element BrianBobbleRingohistronicRozzagdrob
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i find it slightly ironic that a player for San Francisco would say that

    like, DO YOU NOT KNOW YOUR FAN BASE BRO?

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    BobbleSo It Goeshistroniczagdrob
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    i find it slightly ironic that a player for San Francisco would say that

    like, DO YOU NOT KNOW YOUR FAN BASE BRO?

    Its not like all gays support the Niners cause of The Castro. Unless you're saying that by virtue of being the home team of the most liberal place in America (with a football team) everyone in the metro area is like "say wut"

  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    the latter

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah, being homophobic is not cool in San Francisco and the Bay Area in general. Or, rather, being openly homophobic is not cool. You get burned way too quickly making assumptions about people who are "different", because there's a not-insignificant chance that your boss is gay or has friends/family who are gay. Insert "gay" for pretty much anything and that's why people learn very quickly to keep those kinds of opinions to themselves in a public setting.

    a.k.a. Antaeus or Nubmonger

    -A digital receiver in an analog world.
    mrt144
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    You a scumbag, Chris Culliver

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--report--niners-cb-says-openly-gay-players-would-not-be-welcomed-on-the-team-190346715.html
    "I don't do the gay guys man," said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah."

    Why do I picture him just getting more and more flushed and sweaty as he stutters out that denial of "doing the gay guys"

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    You a scumbag, Chris Culliver

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--report--niners-cb-says-openly-gay-players-would-not-be-welcomed-on-the-team-190346715.html
    "I don't do the gay guys man," said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. "I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can't be…in the locker room man. Nah."

    That's just embarrassing for a player from the 49ers. You can't live in the city AT ALL without realizing that gay people are just like everyone else and should be accepted, unless you are insanely homophobic. There's no "Oh, I just don't have any experience with their way of life so I'm uncomfortable with it" out here. Make a statement like that, and you are actively being a bigot. He should be off the team.

    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • RingoRingo Stardust, Golden Caught in a Devil's BargainRegistered User regular
    Well now I hope Culliver gets burned for a touchdown every time he's on the field.

    ...and that somehow the 49ers still win?

    So confusing

    ceres wrote: »
    I'm just going to go ahead and lock this thread before I feel any worse about humanity.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG now featured at the Exigency Forum
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    I hate to break it to you Chris Culliver, but there are gays among you!!!!!

    Also, the more appropriate term is queers.

    Also, no I don't.

  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    man just one day after Flacco makes the 'retarded' comment too. It's like both teams are fighting to make people dislike them more before the superbowl

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    To be fair immediately afterwards the Niners organization said that was not their policy and his belief is not their belief. Still an asshole thing to say way worse than any taunting by a guy like Sherman.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
    TheBlackWind
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Niners have already come out and stated "No, you're an idiot" and Culliver doubles down on the stupid in his retraction.

    TFEOM_banner.jpg
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    "The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel,"

    what

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    "I'm sorry that you guys are all freaking out over what I said. I am just saying this so it will seem like I am a good guy, but nothing you say or do can convince me that gay people aren't icky. Later chumps"

  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/01/31/religion_in_sports_americans_believe_god_rewards_faithful_sports_players.html

    1/4 Americans believe Ray Lewis has it in the bag.

    Didn't pan out so well for Russell Wilson :(

    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1880299

    What the what? Brooks and Sopoaga deny making "It Gets Better" video

    Just utterly weird responses from them about this

    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1880299

    What the what? Brooks and Sopoaga deny making "It Gets Better" video

    Just utterly weird responses from them about this

    They thought it was about bullying solely and didn't realize the catalyst was a kid who committed suicide over gay bashing.

    Apparently they are ok with that kind of bullying.

    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1880299

    What the what? Brooks and Sopoaga deny making "It Gets Better" video

    Just utterly weird responses from them about this

    They thought it was about bullying solely and didn't realize the catalyst was a kid who committed suicide over gay bashing.

    Apparently they are ok with that kind of bullying.

    I dunno, even when confronted their responses were just plain weird. Why am I finding myself switching to rooting for the Ravens

    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Yeah what the hell 49ers?

    PAD ID - 328,762,218
Sign In or Register to comment.