Star Wars: The Old Republic - Make a new thread already.

19293959798100

Posts

  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Hey @PreciousBodilyFluids I don't know if you're still interested in it, but a while ago you asked where you could get the chestpiece that Hunter from the Imperial agent story wears. Well it wasn't in the game before, but it is now: It's called the Revered Chronicler's Jacket. That's the good news.

    The bad news is that the way you unlock that set is by collecting all the Encrypted Datacubes (there are 8 of them that randomly drop in packs). You click on the datacubes, go to Nar Shadaa to watch a cutscene, and get a consumable reward for each one (XP or Valor boost). After you unlock the last one, you get the gearset, bound to you.

    Adding to this, you get the gearset as a quest reward lockbox, so you have to be a sub to actually get it. Guess I need to pick up a game time card from somewhere before accepting my quest rewards.

    Wait, really? Normally Cartel boxes can be opened even if you don't have a sub.
    They can be opened yes, but you cannot receive boxes as quest rewards if you aren't a sub.
    :edit: well that's fun, got some game time, got my box, and it didn't unlock in my collections.

    It doesn't unlock in your collections until you equip it, I thought.

  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Hey @PreciousBodilyFluids I don't know if you're still interested in it, but a while ago you asked where you could get the chestpiece that Hunter from the Imperial agent story wears. Well it wasn't in the game before, but it is now: It's called the Revered Chronicler's Jacket. That's the good news.

    The bad news is that the way you unlock that set is by collecting all the Encrypted Datacubes (there are 8 of them that randomly drop in packs). You click on the datacubes, go to Nar Shadaa to watch a cutscene, and get a consumable reward for each one (XP or Valor boost). After you unlock the last one, you get the gearset, bound to you.

    Adding to this, you get the gearset as a quest reward lockbox, so you have to be a sub to actually get it. Guess I need to pick up a game time card from somewhere before accepting my quest rewards.

    Wait, really? Normally Cartel boxes can be opened even if you don't have a sub.
    They can be opened yes, but you cannot receive boxes as quest rewards if you aren't a sub.
    :edit: well that's fun, got some game time, got my box, and it didn't unlock in my collections.

    It doesn't unlock in your collections until you equip it, I thought.

    Starts bound, tried equipping it anyway, still no go.

    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Being nice to people not giving them money? You some kind of communist, boy?

    I wish only to democratize fear.

    tevinterpa.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    do you dudes think it's worth getting hutt cartel for the casual/story components? I'm not really interested in raiding or pvp in this game, but it'd be fun to dust off my sorc and shoot lightning at people again if the story is actually interesting.

    NREqxl5.jpg
  • PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    As a dude who's in the same boat, I though Makeb was pretty cool on the Imperial side, haven't tried republic yet. I too, enjoyed zapping new fools with lightning in new and exciting environments.

    tevinterpa.jpg
    Elvenshae
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Also, thinking about it, I'm not really all that hung up on the outfit not unlocking in collections, if it comes down to it, the datacubes unlocked just fine, and that way I get the XP/Valor boosts as well.

    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Makeb is pretty cool, great source of money too - I think all of my characters have made a mil+ going from 50-55 on Makeb.

  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular


    This month's Insider covers the Bounty-Hunting event, the Czerka Flashpoints and the new Legacy companion.

    Elvenshae
  • PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Hey @PreciousBodilyFluids I don't know if you're still interested in it, but a while ago you asked where you could get the chestpiece that Hunter from the Imperial agent story wears. Well it wasn't in the game before, but it is now: It's called the Revered Chronicler's Jacket. That's the good news.

    The bad news is that the way you unlock that set is by collecting all the Encrypted Datacubes (there are 8 of them that randomly drop in packs). You click on the datacubes, go to Nar Shadaa to watch a cutscene, and get a consumable reward for each one (XP or Valor boost). After you unlock the last one, you get the gearset, bound to you.

    Adding to this, you get the gearset as a quest reward lockbox, so you have to be a sub to actually get it. Guess I need to pick up a game time card from somewhere before accepting my quest rewards.

    Wait, really? Normally Cartel boxes can be opened even if you don't have a sub.
    They can be opened yes, but you cannot receive boxes as quest rewards if you aren't a sub.
    :edit: well that's fun, got some game time, got my box, and it didn't unlock in my collections.

    It doesn't unlock in your collections until you equip it, I thought.

    Starts bound, tried equipping it anyway, still no go.

    @NEO|Phyte

    I had the same thing. A solution is to add another thing to your collection, like a relatively cheap cartel Colour Crystal. Once I did that, it automatically unlocked my Chronicler set too.

    Which means that, yes, I subbed specifically just to get one armor set

    T_ace.jpg

    T_ace3.jpg

    Scoundrel ready to go.

    tevinterpa.jpg
    CambiataElvenshae
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Dumb design decisions: Dreadnaught shield generators being torpedo targets. It takes two concussion missiles to knock one out, compared to the lots it takes to take out a command center/comm array. This is especially a pain in the later missions where the dread's turrets are shielded until you knock out the generators.

    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ok FYI, I just did the best part of the Makeb expansion: The Macrobinoculars heroic. They obviously cribbed some notes from The Shadow Broker DLC, to good effect. Though of course it would have been even better to have more character-specific stuff.

  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Woo, legacy level 50. Also a decent amount of new gear for my operative.

    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Don't forget to pick up Revan's Heir today if you care enough about random titles, today only for 10 coins, goodness knows what the GTN pricing will end up as.

    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the head's up.

    It's also 5cc for an account unlock so there's no need to waste a boat load of coins for all your characters.


    In other news, I bought the Inquisitor Outfit (the one at character creation) but it wasn't added to my armor list, even after wearing all of it (thing was on sale, and hey, more collection).

    Wonder if it's related to that other bug from earlier with the datacube unlock set.

    newSig.jpg
  • PreciousBodilyFluidsPreciousBodilyFluids Registered User regular
    Didya try adding another (cheap) item to your collection? Equipping a crystal unlocked all the stuff that refused to unlock earlier for me.

    tevinterpa.jpg
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    All week I've been noticing stuff refusing to go into my collection immediately. Unlocking another item doesn't work, logging out and logging in doesn't work either. But if I log out for a few hours and come back, I'll find the item available for unlock.

  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Also per patch notes, the chat window fade issue will be fixed in tonight's patch.

    ObiFettemp123ElvenshaeDarkPrimus
  • GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Also per patch notes, the chat window fade issue will be fixed in tonight's patch.

    Finally!

    GaryO on
    PreciousBodilyFluidsCambiata
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    So is this patch that they give you the chance to get a Heir of Revan title? Or was that done already.

  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Don't forget to pick up Revan's Heir today if you care enough about random titles, today only for 10 coins, goodness knows what the GTN pricing will end up as.

    Wait what is this? I've been away for a while.

    PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Revan's Heir title was made available today, and is available for another 12 or so hours?

    Itll be sold on the GTN in a day or so.

  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing this is a thing that you should just get for logging in but you probably have to buy even if you're a subscriber?

    PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
    Cambiata
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Eh, its to commemorate the 10 year anniversary of KotoR so

  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    15cc spent. You know I only logged in to switch the security key app to my new smartphone and to cancel my account.

    Instead I bought trinkets and will likely play some more after I get done working out.

    I am in an abusive relationship with this game.

    PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
    ObiFettCambiataElvenshaeCorehealerNocren
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing this is a thing that you should just get for logging in but you probably have to buy even if you're a subscriber?

    Pretty much

  • spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    So I'm going to buy like 20 of these and put them in my cargo hold for 6 month and take them out for sale. I just hope half the subscriber base isn't planning on doing the same thing.

    ElvenshaeNocren
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I considered that but decided I'd rather be a decent human being. :P

    PSN: Dr_Keenbean LIVE: Dr Keenbean Battle.net Drkeenbean#1951
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I would do it but you kind of have to hold it forever. I might still do it.

  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I was gonna hop on to grab the title, but my launcher keeps crashing while installing a patch

  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I grabbed a couple with the hopes of selling them down the road, I figured fuck it theyre only 10 cartel coins. Although Im sure thats going to mean theyre going to be worth nothing for a long while.

  • TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular
    Oh my god you guys.

    The end of the agent class story.

    Oh my god.

    Seriously, that story blew the other ones out of the water.

    xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
    DivideByZeroNEO|Phyteemp123CormacLoserForHireXCambiataPreciousBodilyFluidsNocren
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    They need to do another double xp weekend so I can finish my second playthrough of the agent story (was out of town during the last one). That shit is good.

    Cambiata
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    On the subject of things, do we know when the gree event is coming back again?

    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    I hope sooner rather than later although I really dont know why they dont run that shit like every 4-6 weeks or something. Its a kinda cool event with pretty cool lightsaber rewards that is at the very least a nice change of pace if you do dailies.

    Honestly, I dont know why they dont do more events. They already have a rakghoul event which they never use, plus the gree event, plus I think a third event. Like, just cycle that stuff. Do it one week (or two) without an even, one week with an event. Or once a month or something. It just seems like events are easy to create and are a good way to get people to play.

  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So that was interesting.
    Decided to get the aratech fire on my operative. I was hoping for a group of hilariously overgeared bored people and we'd clear through SM EV/KP/EC in like 2 hours, instead I got a hodgepodge of variously geared chuckleheads and it took all afternoon. Also a guy from RC that happened to have been on. Props to Novah for managing to not wipe us on the fabricator by managing the puzzle without any fuckups after he accidentally started the fight.

    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So that was interesting.
    Decided to get the aratech fire on my operative. I was hoping for a group of hilariously overgeared bored people and we'd clear through SM EV/KP/EC in like 2 hours, instead I got a hodgepodge of variously geared chuckleheads and it took all afternoon. Also a guy from RC that happened to have been on. Props to Novah for managing to not wipe us on the fabricator by managing the puzzle without any fuckups after he accidentally started the fight.

    yeah doing classic ops these days can be... interesting.

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So that was interesting.
    Decided to get the aratech fire on my operative. I was hoping for a group of hilariously overgeared bored people and we'd clear through SM EV/KP/EC in like 2 hours, instead I got a hodgepodge of variously geared chuckleheads and it took all afternoon. Also a guy from RC that happened to have been on. Props to Novah for managing to not wipe us on the fabricator by managing the puzzle without any fuckups after he accidentally started the fight.

    Novah is my main. I can't believe how stupid our group was at the end of EC.

    Was fun to do those Ops though. You were a good lead. Especially considering the idiots we had in the group.

  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I'd love to do a full run of the Ops myself in Story-mode if just to get the actual story behind them. Of course since I'm Preferred at the moment, I'll have to get one of those Ops-passes off of the GTN first.

  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    One of these days I really want to see how hard it would be to four-man EV and KP.

  • kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    If you're 55, not very hard at all.

    emp123Commodore75
Sign In or Register to comment.