As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hedwig and the Angry [chat]

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Oh hey the 49ers are going to the superbowl

WELP I GUESS I'M GOING TO HIDE IN MY BED THIS WEEKEND

A super bowl party in san francisco. What does Feral fear? Is it drunken idiots fighting in the street? The gutters overflowing with booze, sick, and blood?

No. That's child's play.

Something far more insidious stalks those hills on these darkest of days.

Glitter Bombs.

Traffic, mostly. I don't live very far away from Candlestick Park.

Are they doing some sort of special event at Candlestick for the game?

(the game isn't being played at Candlestick if that's what you were thinking)

Oh, are they playing in Baltimore? I thought it was gonna be a home game.

Whew. Excellent.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I recommend this really awesome essay about how comically inept and corrupt the NCAA is, if anyone is interested.
    This is what happens when you encourage bureaucrats to act like cops. This is what happens when you tell your people that a clipboard and a briefcase are the same as a badge and a gun. You get low comedy with human consequences.

Charles Pierce really is fantastic. He reminds me of some old timey writer who was unabashed in his love of language

I've never read him before this. Do you have any other recommendations of what writing of his I should check out? This essay is really amazing imo.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ah superbowl season. Time to listen to my retail friend bitch and bitch about how many newly purchased big screens are going to be returned next week. I'm also certain there will be some extra rage toward Indian consumers.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    6Uy4QtS.jpg?1

This was linked before and it was stupid then and it's stupid now.

488W936.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Actually the Super Bowl is in New Orleans.

Super Bowl locations usually have nothing to do with the teams

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hahahaha, damn. Harry Potter abortion humor is the best abortion humor.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

A super bowl party in san francisco. What does Feral fear? Is it drunken idiots fighting in the street? The gutters overflowing with booze, sick, and blood?

No. That's child's play.

Glitter Bombs.

Whew. Excellent.

It's in New Orleans actually. The Super Bowl is always at a pre-selected site (next year is in NJ I think), and almost always ends up being a neutral location.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular

Did you seriously just find out? Be honest...

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    6Uy4QtS.jpg?1

This was linked before and it was stupid then and it's stupid now.

Exactly, it would obviously be Hermione.

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    The best thing Balotelli did was drive into a women's prison because he was curious.

Did you ever hear the one about the time he found a kid hanging around the Man City practice facility during school hours, so he asked the kid why he wasn't in school and the kid said because he was being bullied. So then Mario Balotelli took the kid in his car back to school and asked him to show him who the bullies were, and the kid did and Balotelli told them they should knock it off.

I kinda like that one best of all. Either that or Why Always Me? but yeah those two are my personal favs.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    What is a fun local co-op game on the sex box?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    The best thing Balotelli did was drive into a women's prison because he was curious.

Did you ever hear the one about the time he found a kid hanging around the Man City practice facility during school hours, so he asked the kid why he wasn't in school and the kid said because he was being bullied. So then Mario Balotelli took the kid in his car back to school and asked him to show him who the bullies were, and the kid did and Balotelli told them they should knock it off.

I kinda like that one best of all. Either that or Why Always Me? but yeah those two are my personal favs.

Fair enough.

488W936.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    is it bad that I want to punch him until my fists bleed?

Oh so you root for one of the teams he's scored against?
    I don't even know who he is, he just looks like a tremendous douche

What if I told you about the time
    wiki wrote:
    Within days of joining Manchester City, Balotelli was involved in a car crash. It was reported that Balotelli was carrying £5000 cash at the time – and that when a police officer asked why he had such a large sum of cash Balotelli replied: "Because I am rich"

Still wanna punch a man that brilliant?

Very much, yes.

What if I told you about the time he threw darts at the youth team as a "prank"?

Still?

This man sounds fantastic.

He is fantastic!

(and I haven't even gotten to the part where he lit his own apartment on fire at 4 in the morning after he set fireworks off in his own bathroom!)

I'm not being sarcastic.

This sounds like an utterly magnificent asshole.

Me neither, I'm deeply fascinated with him.

He's the son of an illegal Ghanaian immigrant in Italy who was taken as a ward of the state in like some kind of old-style "civilizing the Injuns" type program that apparently is still happening in present day Italy, so from the age of like 3 or 4 he was raised as culturally Italian. Fast forward to his teenage years and he's a physically breathtaking athlete that is starting to move up in the soccer world, only he's extremely controversial and frequently labeled "uncoachable" (imagine that! a kid taken from his mother by the state and raised in a foreign culture might have some odd behavioral quirks, a wholly unpredictable result of such an otherwise perfect cultural brainwashing program...) but he's nobody's fool and he realizes that as long as he excels on the soccer field opportunity will follow.

But yeah, he's really a quiet genius. Immediately following the 4am fireworks incident he starts in the major Manchester derby and opens the scoring (en route to something like a 6-0 or 6-1 drubbing of the giants Man Utd by his Man City) and celebrates his goal (and week as the leading tabloid story) by revealing this shirt underneath his jersey (which also earns him a yellow card, because individual expression is naturally frowned upon by FIFA...)

Why-Always-Me-Img-Mario.jpg

Seriously, he's just amazing. A completely fascinating figure in global sport.

Is that logo in the picture sss?

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    3 weeks out and we still can't settle on a middle name for minishark #2

first name will be carter

i really want to go with carter obama landshark just to really piss off my super-conservative FIL

but wife says no

wives ruin everything

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

No. That's child's play.

Glitter Bombs.

Uhhh, you do realize the game isn't in San Francisco, right? It will probably be the lightest traffic day of your life because everyone will be indoors watching the game. Have you never been in the Bay Area for a Super Bowl before? You could probably walk out onto a freeway entrance, set up a lawn chair, and read a book come SB Sunday. (It's actually kinda awesome...)

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

No. That's child's play.

Glitter Bombs.

Whew. Excellent.

It's in New Orleans actually. The Super Bowl is always at a pre-selected site (next year is in NJ I think), and almost always ends up being a neutral location.

Feral is a Super Noob

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

the BUY A PC game

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA I SURE SHOWED YOU

uhhh

mebbe broderlands2?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

If he were a true Italian the bullies would have vanished without a trace.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Feral "TL DR"

I consider you two to be some of the smarter and more compassionate contributors in this community, so please tell me what you think the exemplary components of OWS are.

Pretty much the majority of social problems in the US can be traced back to poverty and to distortion of the political process by moneyed interests; both of these are functions of economic inequality, which was Occupy's primary grievance.

The dominant American mythos is that your financial status is governed by your life choices, but the evidence is that this is in fact not at all true; the US has relatively low social mobility compared to other first world countries and dynasties of financially elite families. Everybody in the 99.9% is supposed to believe that our political and economic stagnation is due to our own lack of discipline rather than a predictable social effect of creeping disempowerment.

It is not a coincidence that this made for an easy deflection from OWS - any problems OWS had communicating their goals to the population were spun by media and politicians as poor strategic choices by OWS protesters themselves; not due to the influence of a moneyed elite actively trying to undermine them.

Stare at those dirty hippies. Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    is it bad that I want to punch him until my fists bleed?

Oh so you root for one of the teams he's scored against?
    I don't even know who he is, he just looks like a tremendous douche

What if I told you about the time
    wiki wrote:
    Within days of joining Manchester City, Balotelli was involved in a car crash. It was reported that Balotelli was carrying £5000 cash at the time – and that when a police officer asked why he had such a large sum of cash Balotelli replied: "Because I am rich"

Still wanna punch a man that brilliant?

Very much, yes.

What if I told you about the time he threw darts at the youth team as a "prank"?

Still?

This man sounds fantastic.

He is fantastic!

(and I haven't even gotten to the part where he lit his own apartment on fire at 4 in the morning after he set fireworks off in his own bathroom!)

I'm not being sarcastic.

This sounds like an utterly magnificent asshole.

Me neither, I'm deeply fascinated with him.

He's the son of an illegal Ghanaian immigrant in Italy who was taken as a ward of the state in like some kind of old-style "civilizing the Injuns" type program that apparently is still happening in present day Italy, so from the age of like 3 or 4 he was raised as culturally Italian. Fast forward to his teenage years and he's a physically breathtaking athlete that is starting to move up in the soccer world, only he's extremely controversial and frequently labeled "uncoachable" (imagine that! a kid taken from his mother by the state and raised in a foreign culture might have some odd behavioral quirks, a wholly unpredictable result of such an otherwise perfect cultural brainwashing program...) but he's nobody's fool and he realizes that as long as he excels on the soccer field opportunity will follow.

But yeah, he's really a quiet genius. Immediately following the 4am fireworks incident he starts in the major Manchester derby and opens the scoring (en route to something like a 6-0 or 6-1 drubbing of the giants Man Utd by his Man City) and celebrates his goal (and week as the leading tabloid story) by revealing this shirt underneath his jersey (which also earns him a yellow card, because individual expression is naturally frowned upon by FIFA...)

Seriously, he's just amazing. A completely fascinating figure in global sport.

he doesn't have a good enough attitude to make it at the highest level. He's often hotheaded to the point of it getting in the way of his game. He's also at a club where he doesn't get on with the manager and he isn't the best forward. The only reason he's in any way popular because of a lot of rumours about things he's done (dressing up as santa to give money to homeless people, giving a kid an inspiring speech about sticking up to bullies etc etc...) most of which sound like his PR team earning their money.

Also the revealing the shirt under the jersey doesn't normally result in a yellow. It's become a thing in recent years. It's just taking the shirt off does, because typically players would throw them into the crowd and getting it back/replacing it would take too much time.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hahahaha, damn. Harry Potter abortion humor is the best abortion humor.

I wrote a fan fiction once about the aborted baby ghost of Professor McGonnagall and Professor Flitwick's drunken holiday tryst. It haunted Ron.

It was called Ron Weasley and the Transfiguring Fetus.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Are there any alternatives to Tineye? It's down at the moment

@mojo_jojo

google images has been better than tineye for a while

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

i really want to go with carter obama landshark just to really piss off my super-conservative FIL

but wife says no

wives ruin everything

carter?

make his middle name FARTER so it rhymes

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

the BUY A PC game

uhhh

mebbe broderlands2?
    I have a PC. There are no local PC games any more.

I don't really think an FPS is what I'm after. I'm not sure what I'm after.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    TTODewback wrote: »

If he were a true Italian the bullies would have vanished without a trace.

You
    might

be mixing them up with Sicilians.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Castle Crashers.

• Options
    Fuck it, code is better than bold. Deal with it!

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I am flagging, time to start consuming Monster

see, the incentive is that if I study well I won't have to keep drinking Monster

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    Are there any alternatives to Tineye? It's down at the moment

mojo_jojo

google images has been better than tineye for a while
    I didn't realise it could even do reverse image search.

Hurray!

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Vanilla Triple Post

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Vanilla Triple Post

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

but wife says no

wives ruin everything

You should go with some super cool name like Flash, Rock, or Blaze. That way if he gets cool enough he can switch to cool guy name.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    ows lol

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Castle Crashers.

Agree with this.

Also: Portal 2, any Halo game, Borderlands 2 all support split-screen co-op.

I also enjoy Magic 2012's co-op Archenemy mode.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

but wife says no

wives ruin everything
    carter roosevelt landshark

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    one of the best things about real life is that there are, oddly, not very many scientists that vote republican

liberal brain washing camp great success in amerika

It surprises me that a group that is dependent on academic spending wouldn't support the party dedicated to cutting educational funding.

It's basically like, a group dependent upon academic spending, spurned for being out of touch, with high understanding of evolution, ecology, and the scientific method, as well as a predisposition to trusting consensus on fields such as global warming?

I wonder who they'll vote for.

lesbians

I would vote for lesbians.

I would vote for lesbians so fast.

My US Senator is a lesbian

the only one in fact

p sure there are other lesbians who aren't in the senate

There are no senator lesbians who aren't in the senate

• Options

the BUY A PC game

uhhh

mebbe broderlands2?
    I have a PC. There are no local PC games any more.

I don't really think an FPS is what I'm after. I'm not sure what I'm after.

no but i showed you

i sure showed u

theres nowhere u can go from here!!!!!!!!!!

@ronya how was illness lecture

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    ows lol

I'm gonna beat some drums at you.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

That's actually a pretty cool thing to do.

• Options
    You see the aborted baby ghost wanted to possess Ron because being a ginger, he has no soul, so there was a vacancy.

This discussion has been closed.