As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dead Space 3: Now With 30% More Lens Flare

• Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    Wait, I just assumed the M+KB controls were rubbish and used a 360 pad for both games. Did I do it wrong?

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    By the way, for those of you who don't want to bother downloading the demo (because seriously, it's kinda big), JonTron and Egoraptor played through the single player version on their shared Game Grumps channel.

Fair warning, if you aren't a big fan of dudes going off on random tangents for the sake of humor, you may find this mildly annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr0KUculTZA

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Blurbl wrote: »
    Wait, I just assumed the M+KB controls were rubbish and used a 360 pad for both games. Did I do it wrong?

KBM is fantastic in Dead Space.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I think that Dead Space is more consistently scary, but I think that Dead Space 2 has scarier moments. I also think that the last act of Dead Space is handled better than the last act of Dead Space 2, but that the very end of Dead Space 2 (the last boss battle onward) is better than the very end of Dead Space.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Man, I hope the clunky retroish armour is unlockable in this again because that thing was rad.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    man i am ready to play this game

like goddamn i want it

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I loved the shit out of the first game.

But I just didn't have any urge to play the second one.

the 2nd one is even better

like I love Dead Space 1

but Dead Space 2 is one of my favorite games of this generation

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

the 2nd one is even better

like I love Dead Space 1

but Dead Space 2 is one of my favorite games of this generation

Basically, did you like Alien or Aliens more

• Options
    i like alien more

but dead space 2 is so much better than dead space 1

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Alien as a film is much better than Aliens

But Aliens is far more rewatchable and quotable

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Getting this for Xbox. :)

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    necromorphposting

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    awwwwwwww no way!
    I found an adorable little scavenger bot!
    when i picked him up again at the bench i got an achievement called "My Buddy"!

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Biggest "Fuck that" moment in Dead Space 2
    Having to go back on the ship from 1.
    Seriously just wanted to tell the game "Nah" and move on to doing literally anything else.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »

Its very much action horror in Dead Space 2.

But its awesome.

Except for THAT mini game.

FUCK THAT MINI GAME

"Oh, okay, I'm just gonna go ahead and open this panel, since I'm not in any immediate dange - AAAAAAAAAAAGH, MY INTESTINES! WHY ARE MY INTESTINES OUTSIDE MY BODY!?"

I'm talking about the
    Eye mini-game in the penultimate chapter (I think its then)

Where if you fuck it up you end up ramming a probe into your eye/brain and dying horribly.

I got it in one try. 8-)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    but
    I finally got to open some of those doors that had taunted me for an entire game

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    okay well i just hit chapter 7. i think that's enough dead space for tonight
    i still haven't set foot on the planet yet. oddly enough, right now the game feels very much like the original dead space in terms of its structure. i've spent most of the game running around to various parts of different ships fixing things, trying to get enough stuff working so we're no longer stranded. tone-wise though, this game is definitely not the atmospheric scary dead space. it's high stakes, "save the world" style dead space.

then again who knows how things will change once i'm on the planet. all i know right now is my least favorite enemy has made an early return

stupid regenerating piece of shit

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Out of curiosity, was anyone actually surprised in the first game where you find out
    Nicole was dead the entire time?

I Know it wasn't directly stated, but given the state of the ship, it was really hard to believe she had any chance of surviving. And the recording of her was obviously a goodbye message.

So, when she suddenly shows up mid-game, I thought "Oh okay, so now Isaac's caught the crazy, cool beans."

Also, it was amusing to find, after poking around on the dead space wiki, that the first letter of each chapter of the game spells out "Nicole is Dead"

Saw that the Wii game also has a spoiler spelled out with the chapter titles. I still haven't gotten around to playing that.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, was anyone actually surprised in the first game where you find out
    Nicole was dead the entire time?

I Know it wasn't directly stated, but given the state of the ship, it was really hard to believe she had any chance of surviving. And the recording of her was obviously a goodbye message.

So, when she suddenly shows up mid-game, I thought "Oh okay, so now Isaac's caught the crazy, cool beans."

Also, it was amusing to find, after poking around on the dead space wiki, that the first letter of each chapter of the game spells out "Nicole is Dead"

Saw that the Wii game also has a spoiler spelled out with the chapter titles. I still haven't gotten around to playing that.
    Pretty sure nobody anywhere ever was surprised at that twist.

It was telegraphed so damn hard.

broken image link
  • Options
    Figured as much.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Nicole wrote:
    Make us whole again!

Yep, you're totally the real Nicole.

broken image link
  • Options
    I wonder if it was only ever meant to be a shock for Isaac.

I mean, it seems like it was supposed to be a surprise, but it was just thrown in your face in so many obvious ways.

Hell, Kyne was basically going through the exact same thing right in front of you, thinking he's got his wife with him the entire game.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just have to wait for Best Buy to open and this will be mine...

Well, have to wait for my wife to get out of class too...BOOOOO

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    So what's everyone getting this on. I would love to do some co op

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

I mean, it seems like it was supposed to be a surprise, but it was just thrown in your face in so many obvious ways.

Hell, Kyne was basically going through the exact same thing right in front of you, thinking he's got his wife with him the entire game.
    I was surprised, if only because
    there's that part of the game where you have to defend her from the Necros, and she can die. If Isaac is hallucinating, then how did he get done what needed to be done there?

The trailer for that game though, where it started with the decoded part of her message... damn I loved that. I watched that thing so many times before I got the game.

sig.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    If I ever get a new 360 I'll be on there.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    XBOX 360!!!!!!!

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I think that dead space was my favorite new series of this generation.

It doesn't necessarily innovate much, but what it does it does better than anyone else.

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »

I was surprised, if only because
    there's that part of the game where you have to defend her from the Necros, and she can die. If Isaac is hallucinating, then how did he get done what needed to be done there?

The trailer for that game though, where it started with the decoded part of her message... damn I loved that. I watched that thing so many times before I got the game.
    Letting her die at that point causes a game over because reasons.

• Options
    Wait, so this isn't buyable on steam? Origin only?

So much for playing Dead Space 3, I guess. Alas. I was looking forward to it.

Maybe I can rent it on 360 and play it on one of my roomies' consoles. We'll see.

• Options
    SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    I don't think I will ever understand not playing a game that you want to because of the distribution method.

Like avoiding it if there are other ways? Sure. But everything I've heard of Origin is that is at worst mildly intrusive and annoying at times.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • Options
    It's a clunky piece of shit that goes through memory like I go through baked goods, and I want nothing to do with it.

It doesn't really do anything that steam doesn't already do just as well, or close enough, which runs way smoother and with fewer problems because it's been in existence for ten years.

And there's nothing wrong with EA wanting to release their own thing. But making paying customers beta test their shitty software to play games they paid money for is straight-up terrible.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    okay well i just hit chapter 7. i think that's enough dead space for tonight
    i still haven't set foot on the planet yet. oddly enough, right now the game feels very much like the original dead space in terms of its structure. i've spent most of the game running around to various parts of different ships fixing things, trying to get enough stuff working so we're no longer stranded. tone-wise though, this game is definitely not the atmospheric scary dead space. it's high stakes, "save the world" style dead space.

then again who knows how things will change once i'm on the planet. all i know right now is my least favorite enemy has made an early return

stupid regenerating piece of shit

fuck FUCK

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It's a clunky piece of shit that goes through memory like I go through baked goods, and I want nothing to do with it.

It doesn't really do anything that steam doesn't already do just as well, or close enough, which runs way smoother and with fewer problems because it's been in existence for ten years.

And there's nothing wrong with EA wanting to release their own thing. But making paying customers beta test their shitty software to play games they paid money for is straight-up terrible.

Uh...what? I have Origin open right now and it's using a whopping 90 megs of RAM.

Meanwhile, Steam is using 211

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Uh...what? I have Origin open right now and it's using a whopping 90 megs of RAM.

Meanwhile, Steam is using 211

Just depends on your system. Origin fucks mine over hard as well. It caps at 300kbs download speed and it seems to update every week and takes like 2 hours to do it. Plus they keep insisting they aren't releasing titles on Steam anymore and then 6 months later... surprise!

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    oh, dammit. i searched and everything. guess i should have gone through a couple more pages of results

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    The music in this game reminds me of Alien in a big way.

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Can I just say how fucking cool it was in Dead Space 2 (mid game spoilers)
    That you deal with the random Nicole attacks by finally letting her go?

I thought that was a really nice touch

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    But seriously, fuck the last stretch of Dead Space 2.

Aside from a few obvious spots, it was utter garbage.

I love that game, but I hate it when devs decide that 'oh it's the end of the game let's throw everything ever at you plus some extra bullshit to make it hard'

It is such an annoying cop-out

Why can't the end section of a game be something new and fun, instead of a 'kitchen sink' approach to amp up the "difficulty"

One of the best examples of what I want to see more of is the end stretch of MGS3

It introduced a few new mechanics, was refreshing, and fun as hell

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!