Options

Dead Space 3: Now With 30% More Lens Flare

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Aside from Ellie this game seems great so far. I'm only up to Chapter 4 because Origin decided it wanted to download at only 400k last night.

But what the fuck did they do to Ellie?

She caught a bad case of the space mumps

in her chest

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I definitely rolled my eyes when I saw Ellie's outfit in the Roanoke

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

There's also the fact that she's been set up as a prize to be won away from that soldier dude whose name I can't remember.

That was a little disappointing.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    As it turns out, yes, having a gun that knocks enemies onto their backs and has a hammer melee attachment is entirely too much fun.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Stilts wrote: »

There's also the fact that she's been set up as a prize to be won away from that soldier dude whose name I can't remember.

That was a little disappointing.

she's annoyingly passive.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    yeah ellie is

not very good in this game

which sucks because she was great in dead space 2!

really a lot of the character work here is... less than great. not horrible, still decent, but decidedly lacking when compared to the other two games

• Options
    hey yo chapter like... 13?
    these climbing sections are fucking horse ass bullshit

who fucking made these

fuck off

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I just got to Chapter 10.

I am kinda getting sick of all the hold-your-ground-against-a-shit-ton-of-enemies-until-the-path-opens-up rooms.

Like, when they happened in Dead Space 1 and 2, I would be really nervous and scared, 'cuz they happened infrequently.

But now it's like I'm encountering 'em every 20-30 minutes. Sometimes in rooms that aren't even that important.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Wow. Some of these climbing sections are shitty as hell.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Sounds like you guys suck at climbing.

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    Errr.... so pre ordering from amazon gives you the same weapon that is on the limited edition? I'm talking about the negotiator and the tesla enervator. Same weapon, but the negotiator has a line gun. O_o

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    wait they did bad shit to ellie?

that is frustrating

• Options
    Well, the end game section of this is pretty fucking amazing.
    It basically becomes At The Mountains of Madness, in space. This makes up for ALL OF THE MISGIVINGS I'VE HAD UP TO THIS POINT OH MY FUCKING GOD.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Also, the Evangelizer is civilization. Spreadin' the good word with the weapon of The Lord.

The only way this weapon could be more perfect would be if Deus Vult was inscribed into the side of every bullet.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wait they did bad shit to ellie?

that is frustrating

More that she's not really present as anything other than a MacGuffin. So far, at least.

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    It basically becomes At The Mountains of Madness, in space. This makes up for ALL OF THE MISGIVINGS I'VE HAD UP TO THIS POINT OH MY FUCKING GOD.

This is keeping me going at the moment. I gather it's a big spoiler though.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

This is keeping me going at the moment. I gather it's a big spoiler though.

It's actually a series of spoilers, each one more spoilerific than the last. Safe to say, it is pretty fucking amazing.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    The climbing sections can still fuck right off, though.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Cool. I'll keep going, although I don't know who decided to put in a fucking jumping/laser blocking puzzle. I wish the checkpointing was a little more even so I didn't have to revamp my guns after every death.

• Options
    Cool. I'll keep going, although I don't know who decided to put in a fucking jumping/laser blocking puzzle. I wish the checkpointing was a little more even so I didn't have to revamp my guns after every death.

Yeah, the lack of Save Stations definitely wasn't a smart design decision.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    "Oh, you need to stop playing due to work/school/other obligations? And you just finished a fight that made you want to smash your controller into little bitty pieces? Okay, well, we'll be sure to let you revisit that fight again later!"

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

oh hello

i just hit these

what the fuck, dead space

• Options
    decided to try out a ripper weapon

really modded out, tons of damage chips and shit. come up against some black necros

takes forever to remove limbs when my carbine does it in one shot

fuck da ripper

• Options
    I have a LOT of problems with this game. Which is weird, because it's quite fun. But that's the problem, in a way.

• Options
    I have a LOT of problems with this game. Which is weird, because it's quite fun. But that's the problem, in a way.

yeah

yeah

right now it's at the level of "this game is good, buy it when it is cheaper though unless you are just THE BIG DEAD SPACE FAN"

which is quite a step down from Dead Space 2, Best Game™

• Options
    also jesus the waste disposal or whatever side mission is a fuckin' meat grinder, ain't it

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    So when you're on the big ship with the tram, if you take the tram to the mid section and back to the fore section, I guess you're pretty much stuck there forever because there's no way to call the tram back from the fore station.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I have been rolling with a Force Gun/Carbine, and it is so very effective.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    oh hey i'm actually glad i didn't skip this side mission
    the barracks is actually a pretty cool area. it is also mercifully short, and also isn't just hordes of black necros in every single room like the last one was

god, fuck that place

• Options
    So when you're on the big ship with the tram, if you take the tram to the mid section and back to the fore section, I guess you're pretty much stuck there forever because there's no way to call the tram back from the fore station.

This happened to me as well, except when I chose to restart at a checkpoint it put me right after you clear the tram tracks

And I had just finished Conning Tower too

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    In short, the save system in this both sucks and blows

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Fuck Conning Tower

Fuck everything about the Terra Nova

fuck it all

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    what is wrong with conning tower

or the terra nova

you're playing the best parts of the game y'all

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Smiley21-1.gif

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    If Terra Nova is the best part of the game maybe I should have skipped this one

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    i won't lie i don't particularly remember many specifics about all the different ships you go to

just that the section of the game in that flotilla was much better than down in the snow

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I havent gotten very far in the game yet, just did the first optional area before terra nova. I think i can articulate whats bothering most of us. No game story spoilers

This game with any other name probably would do well. it's not that the game is not good, but its not dead space.

There are so many good ideas, like the crafting that would fit well in a dead space game but the presentation seems off.

Showing you a massive list of things you could make if you grinded for a while takes away alot of what made DS1 and 2 so great...the weapons were mostly fun but specific ammo made you treasure every bullet found for the guns you really liked. and the universal ammo takes alot of fear away when everything drops it (Im playing normal to begin with) I absolutely hated pulling out the machine gun in ds1/2 when i had no alternative but it added to the tension...now i have a zillion bullets for my plasma cutter and am pretty happy with it staying out all the time.

The interface has been cut down a bit...no map for instance.

The Creatures move so quickly compared to DS1/2. its not that this is harder or anything but it changes the entire feel of the game from a cautious survival horror game to an action game and it really is noticable.

I find it so annoying that companies that get a successful new IP with get greedy and will work so hard to try and make it more accessable and ruin what made it successful in the first place.

The game isnt bad by any means. I didnt have a problem with DS2 adding multiplayer, i just didnt really care about it. But this game feels very different, as has been said, so while im sure ill like it, im still disgruntled that they changed it.

Whats really stupid about this circle of bullshit is that eventually people remake these famous games (Like tomb raider will be) and go back to the original formula, and inevitably will fuck it up again in later sequels.

You would think the gaming industries would be a bit more intelligent then the movie industry which does the same thing.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    I didn't even notice there was no map, I never used it at all in the previous games.

I agree that the enemies move too quickly, though. It'd be fine out in open environments, but on the ships it's too enclosed and I feel I'm spending most of my time bunched up in the corner.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    They got rid of the map in 2

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Well there you go

LxX6eco.jpg