Options

Dead Space 3: Now With 30% More Lens Flare

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I still love how if you repeatedly stomp on a necro issac kind of loses his shit. Also the computer voice in the geology/biolab area sounds like harbinger from mass effect

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    coming up on the final chapter

i crafted an old school plasma cutter with the rotator cuff, along with some upgrades

it... seemed right.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

i crafted an old school plasma cutter with the rotator cuff, along with some upgrades

it... seemed right.

My plasma cutter has an SMG.

I was surprised to find myself not missing the rotator at all.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Oh lord I unlocked hardcore mode.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

it... seemed right.

My plasma cutter has an SMG.

I was surprised to find myself not missing the rotator at all.

i honestly hardly ever moved it form horizontal in the first two games so yeah the rotator cuff was really for old times' sake

game finished. i didn't mind the ending. it didn't blow me away, but i enjoyed it and
    isaac going out by pulling the source of the markers inside out was pretty fuckin' rad

• Options
    ah... ending spoilers
    finished the credits. i was really hoping they wouldn't do that. so what, isaac is alive and stranded in the space around the planet or something? or just plain stuck on that shitty planet

i was fine when the ending had him die

• Options
    I died in the prolouge rappelling bit on hardcore

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    bunch of RE5 haters all up in. that game was a ton of fun

It was a subpar gears of war clone.

It wasn't scary, the co-op only made the game completely stop every couple of minutes while one person tried to find a key and there's long stretches of absolutely nothing but driving around in a fanboat.

Oriks is pretty spot on they tried to make th game fun instead of scary and it failed.

Re4 replaced the traditional scares with the anticipation of being overun by enemies when you least expect it and having terrific atmosphere. Re5 did not get that.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    bunch of RE5 haters all up in. that game was a ton of fun

It was a subpar gears of war clone.

It wasn't scary, the co-op only made the game completely stop every couple of minutes while one person tried to find a key and there's long stretches of absolutely nothing but driving around in a fanboat.

Oriks is pretty spot on they tried to make th game fun instead of scary and it failed.

Re4 replaced the traditional scares with the anticipation of being overun by enemies when you least expect it and having terrific atmosphere. Re5 did not get that.

you're talking about RE5 here right

at first i thought you meant DS3 and i was gonna be like nope this game is pretty fuckin' fun

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Yeah I meant RE5.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    huh, they should have named this

"Deceptive Difficulty Level 3"

Because God Damn, stop sending Necromorphs through those vents game. I've killed like 40 in this room and we can move on anytime now.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Stale wrote: »
    huh, they should have named this

"Deceptive Difficulty Level 3"

Because God Damn, stop sending Necromorphs through those vents game. I've killed like 40 in this room and we can move on anytime now.

Yeah, it ceases to be scary really quickly and becomes merely tiring.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    everyone complains about the tower mission but man there is a side mission planetside

just room after room of arena fights, essentially. it took fucking forever. hated that one so much

• Options
    Like, I'm pretty sure "normal" in DS3 is comparable to "Fuck You" in the other two.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Like, I'm pretty sure "normal" in DS3 is comparable to "Fuck You" in the other two.

I dunno about that.

Maybe I'm just not remembering very well (or have gotten better, which is probably not the case), but DS3's Normal seems a little easier than 2's Normal.

Though now that I think about it, I probably have taken more damage than I did than in DS2. It's just I don't notice as much because the game practically showers me with medium medpacks.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    oh no in terms of just overall difficulty, i thought this game was super easy on normal. i mean i never had much trouble with any dead space, but this one in particular was not a problem

• Options
    Like, I have sold medium medpacks at the bench because they've taken up 3/4ths of my inventory and I gotta do something with 'em.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Damn kids with your joypads and your shooters and what not

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Yeah, I started on Hard and it hasn't been bad. A few rooms where I've been mangled to death, but never short on health or ammo (for very long, at least).

• Options
    i dropped so many small medpacks to make room for circuits and weapon parts

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Stilts wrote: »

I dunno about that.

Maybe I'm just not remembering very well (or have gotten better, which is probably not the case), but DS3's Normal seems a little easier than 2's Normal.

Though now that I think about it, I probably have taken more damage than I did than in DS2. It's just I don't notice as much because the game practically showers me with medium medpacks.

i'm not usually one for "lazy devs" complaints, but it really seems like they have only balanced by monster health, attack power, and medkit size

(which is one reason sole survival or w/e it's called is pretty fun)

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    what's that? i have to craft everything, fostering the illusion that i'm still playing an engineer and not an action hero? yes please.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I just played through the first 4 chapters + the first side mission with my buddy and I have to say this game is a lot of fun co-op, at least so far.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    what's that? i have to craft everything, fostering the illusion that i'm still playing an engineer and not an action hero? yes please.

this does actually sound really really fun

too bad it doesn't solve the problems with this game's environments and lack of atmosphere compared to dead space 2

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Hard Mode essentially boils down to "Grab every health kit that drops and down it immediately."

I'm not fucking joking, that's how I got through half of the really difficult fights.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    my friend and I are playing on hard

having 2 people helps though Im sure

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I'm on hard and I've got a generous supply of stuff thanks to all the zero g segments

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    The Feeder fights are just the absolute worst, if only because of the QTE that pops up when they jump on you.

It won't kill you, but it will let the rest of the assholes gang up on you and make mincemeat out of you in ten seconds flat.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    everyone complains about the tower mission but man there is a side mission planetside

just room after room of arena fights, essentially. it took fucking forever. hated that one so much

Do you mean Disposal Services, because man I was ready for that one to end 30 minutes in

The reuse of assets was particularly egregious in that mission

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options

Do you mean Disposal Services, because man I was ready for that one to end 30 minutes in

The reuse of assets was particularly egregious in that mission

yes

that mission was complete garbage

at least conning tower had a crazy cowboy taunting you from 200 years in the past

that was cool

• Options
    I want to start a hardcore playthrough for real but it seems way difficult.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Life's too short for DS3 hardcore

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Like Im trying think of a way to do it. Bypass all the sidemissions and focus on upgrading your suit first.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Get the underslung hammer. That motherfucker kills everything. Float like a butterfly, sting like THOR, WRATH OF THE SKY, TERROR OF ICE GIANTS, HE WHO THUNDERS AND CLAMORS FOR GLORIOUS BATTLE

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I knew you'd agree with me, Geth. I appreciate you.

• Options
    I got an underslung chainsaw.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    The hammer is how I dealt with feeders

Just dump damage and clip circuits into it, swing like wild

Everything dies.

• Options
    The aoe plasma(?) tip that made you plant your gun into the ground and fire a shockwave was how I dealt with feeders

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Nikolai wrote: »
    The aoe plasma(?) tip that made you plant your gun into the ground and fire a shockwave was how I dealt with feeders

The fucking what

• Options
    Yeah its a bottom attachment where it send out like an aoe that counts as an explosion so that one explosion mod made it even better

xXNXOA7.png?1