• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I guess he was in Moneyball, which I haven't seen

Also Wanted? Who was he in that?

And Zero Dark Thirty though it seems to be a small role

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    This is unexpected
    Not how I pictured Star-Lord to look, but I guess super heroes in movies don't necessarily need to have comic book jaw

At least Pratt is a funny and charismatic guy
    Could either turn out to be RDJ genius level casting or a complete faceplant

Really looking forward to the first GotG trailer, 'cause I have no idea what to expect from this movie

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    When are we gonna know the important castings, Groot and Rocket!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Nick Offerman as Groot. Aziz Ansari as Rocket.

• Options
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Nick Offerman was almost cast as The Thing before losing out to Michael Chiklis.

AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Deadline is saying that Chris Pratt will be Peter Quill in GotG.

Wow, really out of left field. I don't think he was ever rumored to be in the running?

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae52/rickan01/GIFs/stephencolbertohmylordy.gif

Crimsondude on
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i don't know... they're gonna end up with the entire cast of everwood cast in the marvel universe.

hmm... treat williams as Dr. strange.

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    I am okay with this.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2013
    Look, if he can play a Navy SEAL he can play a comic book space superhero with guns that hangs out with a talking tree and raccoon

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Now that I think about it, I'm basically fine with anyone playing Rocket/Groot , as long as it's not who the rumors were saying it was gonna be ( was on latino-review tho, so I'm hoping it's false).

Someone please tell me these rumors were squashed. latino-review.com/2013/01/23/exclusive-marvel-big-comedic-actors-guardians-galaxy/

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    qjBcDPE.jpg

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    There's a pic floating around of him without his facial hair.

He has a very.. unusual jawline.

• Options
    Was trying to find the panel of Quill from, I think it was Conquest, that looked a lot like the Chris Pratt pic from ZeroDark.

But then I found this,marvel_casting___starlord__peter_quill__by_marvelcomics1985-d5favtw.jpg

That could have been a fun casting

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I'm ready for the Groot/Starlord fanfiction that would arise in tumblr if he'd been cast.

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Was trying to find the panel of Quill from, I think it was Conquest, that looked a lot like the Chris Pratt pic from ZeroDark.

But then I found this,marvel_casting___starlord__peter_quill__by_marvelcomics1985-d5favtw.jpg

That could have been a fun casting

I don't see it. Then again, I only know, well, am pretty sure, that guy is on Supernatural.

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I'm down for anything with Jensen Ackles

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    A lot of us wanted Jensen Ackles for Starlord, but I am totally fine with Chris Pratt.

I really just want Jensen Ackles to be in a comic book film but he's likely too busy with Supernatural.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    Also Wanted? Who was he in that?

He's the douche best friend at work who gets a keyboard to the face.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Chris Pratt is a good pick. He's a super funny guy and proved he can do non-comedy in Moneyball.

Supernatural guy would've been a bad bad choice.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=73848
    Speaking with SciFi Now, Fox's Marvel Creative Consultant Mark Millar shares his thoughts on Warner Bros.' planned Justice League film, which may be released in 2015 alongside The Avengers 2, as well as how difficult it would be to adapt DC characters to live action and how they're "out of date". "I actually think the big problem for them is the characters are just too out of date. The characters were created 75 years ago, even the newest major character was created 68 years ago, so they’re in a really weird time." While he expresses his love for DC growing up, he has his doubts about how the likes of The Flash, Aquaman and Green Lantern could work on the big screen. "Now the stuff I grew up with… I adored the DC stuff growing up but really, how do you do a movie about Green Lantern, his power is that he manifests green plasma from his imagination and uses them as weapons against someone? Even that in itself if you just imagine then watching a fight scene with a guy who’s like a hundred feet away making plasma manifestations fight someone – it’s not exactly raucous, getting up close and personal. The Flash has door handles on the side of his mask and if he doesn’t wear that mask, I’ll be pissed off, you know what I mean? They’re in a weird, weird situation – if you’ve got a guy who moves at the speed of light up against the Weather Wizard and Captain Cold or whatever, then your movie’s over in two seconds.

"You can get away with stuff in comics that in live action’s just a bit sucky – the best one is definitely Aquaman. Aquaman can’t even talk under water. If you think about it in comics it’s fine, you just have a speech balloon, but how do you have Atlantis and people talking under water? Are they gonna talking telepathically? Is it going to be body forms? The actual logistics of each member of the Justice League is disastrous, and you put them all together and I think you get an excellent way of losing $200 million." What do you think of Millar's comments? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

So much wrong here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSvJaYxRoB4

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I wonder if Disney's plans for Star Wars are going to conflict with their also making Guardians of the Galaxy. Two space epics at the same studio seems awfully tight...

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    I wonder if Disney's plans for Star Wars are going to conflict with their also making Guardians of the Galaxy. Two space epics at the same studio seems awfully tight...

I don't think so.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/02/06/amazing-spider-man-2-official-synopsis/
    who wants ASM 2 casting info/story info/set photos?

• Options

One step closer to a Hulk/Yoda team-up!

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

Summary for those at work?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    From the official press release, it looks like the sequel will focus on Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) balancing his tenuous relationship with Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone), friendship with the returned Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan) and foeship with new villain Electro (Jamie Foxx). Sony's official press release has confirmed the film's increased focus on Oscorp, Sally Field's return as Aunt May, and the inclusion of newly revealed cast member Colm Feore.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/02/06/amazing-spider-man-2-official-synopsis/#ixzz2KAM1ANSd

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Did I somehow missed Paul Giamatti actually being cast? I thought it was all rumors.

• Options
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Did I somehow missed Paul Giamatti actually being cast? I thought it was all rumors.

He's the Rhino.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

The thing to remember is, space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

He's the Rhino.

Actually the press document just mentioned that he was cast for an unknown role, presumed to be the Rhino.

He's in the movie but its still up in the air as who.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    He is going to be the new guy dating Aunt May and then turns into the Rhino. Peter will have to fight another science gone wrong criminal who is now almost a father to him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    He is going to be the new guy dating Aunt May and then turns into the Rhino. Peter will have to fight another science gone wrong criminal who is now almost a father to him.

Really? Because Electros backstory sounds awful but this is somehow worse

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm pretty excited for ASM2.

They got a lot of things right in ASM and now that they got the origin out of the way they can hopefully build off it.

In a perfect world we would have a combination of this and Raimi movies.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

He's the Rhino.

Actually the press document just mentioned that he was cast for an unknown role, presumed to be the Rhino.

He's in the movie but its still up in the air as who.

Maybe he's Osborn? That's the kind of thing you'd want to keep under wraps, so you'd list him as a different character for the time being.

I mean, I figure Osborn is bound to show up in the second film.

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular

Really? Because Electros backstory sounds awful but this is somehow worse

No not really

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The Rhino dating Aunt May then getting powers and oops Peter has to fight him! Is dumb .

So we already have to find some reason for Electro to get powers from Oscorp in between his making a spider man ciollage in his closet and Now Mays boyfriend has to fall into a vault of Rhino juice ?

Just make them both hired Thugs it's not like they'll be mentioned again in a sequel

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Dude he was making things up

This discussion has been closed.