Sharn! City of Towers, the cliff-side jewel of Breland, economic and transportation capital as well as gateway to the rest of the continent of Khorvaire.
Welcome to our humble PBP, I'm Gatsby and I'll of course be your DM. Just some housekeeping to get things out of the way and so we can keep things neat and tidy as well as easy to comprehend throughout the game. We'll be using Orokos
for character sheets, while using Orokos
or Invisible Castle
for dice rolls.
*When rolling dice, please put "PA Badge Patrol" and your character name in the necessary fields for each roll*
It makes things easy to keep track of and search for dice rolls.
This is our IC thread, keep OOC chat within the necessary thread, however if comment must be made that is not IC keep it in spoilers and use mark it beforehand so it's easily noticeable.
Regarding how often you're expected to post, at the very minimum just once a day. If you're busy or time difference is an issue, I of course completely understand and there's no real penalty for delaying any response. That being said, however, to maintain the flow of roleplaying and combat if there is no response to any situation that involves you or the group, after a full day/day-and-a-half of waiting, I will continue on. If something prevents you from making such a post, let me know and I'll be more than happy to edit a post accordingly to take into account whatever actions you may have taken, depending on the situation itself. I'll also be including short intros for every party member here, just to help keep track of things.
These descriptions are OOC, so while you may know some details your characters will still have to discover these things on their own.
With combat, I will post the stats of present enemies (HP, AC, Fort, etc.) within spoilers. I will also be colour-coding tokens so you don't mistakenly use a daily on a minion. The code will be as follows:
for standard enemies
When it comes to player characters
, you will be marked in Green
will be depicted in Dark Grey
Also we'll be using a system I've come to like, simply because it keeps things clear and transparent, when it comes to dice rolls and actions: Declare what you will be doing and what kind of action that requires in ORANGE
text; attack rolls in RED
text, within spoilers as well, and outside of spoilers write in GREEN
text who is on next. I'd like to give credit to TiamatZ and Talonrazor for giving me this idea. In case no one has this thread bookmarked, which I recommend doing so, please also "@"
; them just to be sure. Here's an example from another game I'm in how this should be formatted:
Struggling to his feet, Smith's green eyes intensify from a dull glow to a brightly burning gaze. He glares at the leader of the highway robbers, over the top of Nemo, before sweeping his sword to his right in a tight yet powerful arc. Over the heads of the two bandits cornering Gareth, hovering sigils appear for a brief moment before the Warforged lunges forward, clashing swords with the ruffians as arcane runes on his blade add more force to his blows.
Up Next: Bandits! @ TiamatZ
As a first-time DM, I know I'll make mistakes here and there, so if I get something wrong don't be afraid to call me out on it. The most important thing is that everyone has fun, and everyone gets along well.
With that out of the way, let's introduce our players!
Act 1: Follow the Rails
Welcome, officers of the Sharn Watch. You have received the honour of being inducted into the respected law enforcement branch that is our humble organisation. Congratulations on meeting our high expectations and graduating from our cadet program. As an officer of the Watch, you will be expected to guard every citizen, every denizen, and every innocent being that resides within our beautiful city. You are a role model to young ones, a guiding force to equals, you serve the people and seek to ensure their protection from all scum and villainy. Make no mistake, your duty is not an easy one. Crime is but an organic part of any city, what sets each metropolis apart however is how quickly and how efficiently it is dealt with. Through your actions and investigations it will be made sure you uphold the good name of the Watch. So with that, we wish you all the best of luck and remember our official motto: We Are Watching.
as Oristok of Droaam
- A tinkerer and strategist, Oristok hails from the far lands of The Khraal. Feeling slighted and unappreciated for his intellect, and comparative lack of physical strength and prowess, he has relocated to more civilised land. In Sharn he hopes to earn his keep with his mind and flair for ingenuity, joining the Watch as a way to put such skills to good use.
- With no more official quests or commanders, no home nor roots. Emmahk, as a soldier during the final gasp of The Last War, is a warrior without a battlefield. She has now travelled the Sharn, hoping to find direction, stability, and overall structure to her life by joining the Watch. It is there she will try her best to carve a niche for herself, and use her newfound authority to do what she believes is right. No matter the cost.
- Like all Changelings, Feld is used to residing in the alcoves and wings of the world. Secretive and aloof are but inherent traits, but make no mistake he holds no ill will unless with good reason. Because of his history, skill as an investigator, and enigmatic nature, the Watch has seen fit to keep Feld's identity under wraps. Trust is not so easily earned by someone, when they've felt like hunted prey for so long.
as Riela Seran
- Members of the Silver Flame are not scarce, however ones within alternate organisations of authority are not quite as common. Riela is one of these few dedicated members of the religion within the Watch, her family history of contributing to the authorities in both a monetary and voluntary fashion a well-known fact. However this young woman does not seek privileges and nepotism, as a professional all she wants is justice brought forth fair and square.
as Holly Darkseeker
- Daughter of a retired adventurer. Daughter of a noble she has never met. Daughter to the Tieflings, and daughter of a human. It is not to hard to see that Holly is caught in the middle of two very distinct worlds. Rebellious and headstrong, with a strong sword arm to boot, Holly has come to Sharn to make a name for herself. Taking on her mother's maiden name and joining the Watch are but Step One and Two of her adventuring career. Step Three and then some are still up in the air.
as Dirk Steel
- Being a guard in the Watch, mopping up the streets of crime, earning a steady and average living through honest work. These are some of the core principles Dirk grew up believing in. He's no adventurer, he's just an officer of the law doing his job. However recently he's begun to imagine more, a different path for him, one that with more risk yet much more extravagant reward. All it takes is one action to kick that into gear, the hardest part is following through and taking the plunge.