As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Iron Man, Iron Man, does whatever some iron can... For the 3rd(4th) time. [Iron Man 3]

19596979899101»

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I haven't been keeping up with the new Captain Marvel book, has she had any more interaction with Arana now that she's Spider-Girl?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    She does have chewie

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Yeah I had basically no sympathy for the Skrulls.

They were to Earth what Striker is to teenage mutants. Religious nut jobs who kill and slaughter because they think God wants them to.

They were the clear bad guys and they were evil. They took joy in the suffering they were causing.

Take out the space suffocation scene and I'm totally fine with how that issue went down. Carol was happy she got what she felt were clear bad guys to fight for a change, she didn't become, like, Carnage or the Joker or something, gleefully cackling while mowing people down. She had a job to do that she could finally be sure was actually the right thing to do, and she let herself enjoy that.

The space scene WAS bad and took it too far, I can agree on that.

And even if I agreed with you on the issue in general it's still one issue out of what, fifty or so?

yeah I am gonna say that if you enjoy killing people then no matter who those people are or what they have done you are being a pretty hideous person

And aside from the space scene it didn't come across to me as enjoying killing, it came across to me as enjoying having a fight she could believe in %100.

But the peak of that scene was when she enjoyed killing that Skrull. The narrative build to that point, the rest of the scene was about establishing a basis for that to occur. The revelation that she enjoyed what she was doing came out at that very moment. It was a terrible individual scene but the wider issue was still about how it is okay to dehumanize your enemies and make their suffering and pain something that evokes nothing in you, or even invokes joy.

That, kind of sucks.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    QUESTION NUMBER ONE:

DO YOU LIKE HURTING OTHER PEOPLE?

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Yeah I had basically no sympathy for the Skrulls.

They were to Earth what Striker is to teenage mutants. Religious nut jobs who kill and slaughter because they think God wants them to.

They were the clear bad guys and they were evil. They took joy in the suffering they were causing.

Take out the space suffocation scene and I'm totally fine with how that issue went down. Carol was happy she got what she felt were clear bad guys to fight for a change, she didn't become, like, Carnage or the Joker or something, gleefully cackling while mowing people down. She had a job to do that she could finally be sure was actually the right thing to do, and she let herself enjoy that.

The space scene WAS bad and took it too far, I can agree on that.

And even if I agreed with you on the issue in general it's still one issue out of what, fifty or so?

yeah I am gonna say that if you enjoy killing people then no matter who those people are or what they have done you are being a pretty hideous person

And aside from the space scene it didn't come across to me as enjoying killing, it came across to me as enjoying having a fight she could believe in %100.

But the peak of that scene was when she enjoyed killing that Skrull. The narrative build to that point, the rest of the scene was about establishing a basis for that to occur. The revelation that she enjoyed what she was doing came out at that very moment. It was a terrible individual scene but the wider issue was still about how it is okay to dehumanize your enemies and make their suffering and pain something that evokes nothing in you, or even invokes joy.

That, kind of sucks.

pretty hard to dehumanize aliens

ikbUJdU.jpg
    any sane definition of people includes Kree, Skrulls, Shi'Ar, Daxamites, Martians and every human-except-exotically-skin-toned comic book alien

"Dehumanized" may use the word human but that's only because in the real world humans are the only group that can really be classes as people. In the Marvel Universe people covers a much wider basis.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    teehee no Badoon in that list :)

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I may not agree with all of your issues with that particular thing but I understand why you have them.

Still don't see how one issue makes the other 50+ bad.

That was the worst of a series that otherwise mostly just committed the crime of being kind of dull while nothing of real import or interest happened

it was bad because it wasn't good, more than anything, it just had some moments that were actually bad and not really anything that rose about above alright

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    That was the worst of a series that otherwise mostly just committed the crime of being kind of dull while nothing of real import or interest happened

it was bad because it wasn't good, more than anything, it just had some moments that were actually bad and not really anything that rose about above alright

Have you read Claremont's Ms. Marvel run yet?

edited March 2013

Have you read Claremont's Ms. Marvel run yet?

Yeah

it's not that good

Claremont did some great, revolutionary work with the X-Men but like every iconic writer not everything he touched was gold

Solar on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Does Marvel plan on using the Badoon again for anything big? Bendis kinda set that up at the end of his one Avengers Assemble arc which I enjoyed.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Does Marvel plan on using the Badoon again for anything big? Bendis kinda set that up at the end of his one Avengers Assemble arc which I enjoyed.

the Badoon showed up in Guardians of the Galaxy 0.1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I wish Carol had a large supporting cast, which I guess is what the current series is kind of building for her.

The funny thing is that a few of the supporting cast members in her current book (Tracy Burke, Frank Gianelli) were supporting cast in her original book back in the 70s that I don't think Brian Reed ever used for some reason.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    QUESTION NUMBER ONE:

My sadistic tendencies arn't on trial here.

Quire.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    QUESTION NUMBER ONE:

QUESTION NUMBER TWO
    WHO IS LEAVING MESSAGES ON YOUR ANSWERING MACHINE?

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    QUESTION NUMBER ONE:

QUESTION NUMBER TWO
    WHO IS LEAVING MESSAGES ON YOUR ANSWERING MACHINE?

Nightmarenny's evil clone.

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up in the GotG movie.

This discussion has been closed.