As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Endless [Chat]

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Yeah shawarma can be tons of different meats

Usually here we refer to it as the sandwich, though you can get the platter too

Around here, there are places that refer to just the meat (like, you can get a "schwerma gyro" or a "schwerma pita") or to the whole preparation like you describe.

My favorite is the "lamb schwerma gyro" - I guess "schwerma" is a modifier there to mean 'roasted on a spit and spiced.'

And of course it's always spelled differently. Shawarma, shwarma, shwerma, schwerma, schwarma...

Scootenfrooty.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    SO GOOD
    fgBlDVEs

Image borked.

488W936.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    NICE LINK EVIL MULTIFARIOUS

YOUR PICTURE LINKING INADEQUACY HAS SHAMED YOUR PEOPLE

also

i hate cottage pie this evening and it was... ok

needed more cheeseburger

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Yeah shawarma can be tons of different meats

Usually here we refer to it as the sandwich, though you can get the platter too

Around here, there are places that refer to just the meat (like, you can get a "schwerma gyro" or a "schwerma pita") or to the whole preparation like you describe.

My favorite is the "lamb schwerma gyro" - I guess "schwerma" is a modifier there to mean 'roasted on a spit and spiced.'

And of course it's always spelled differently. Shawarma, shwarma, shwerma, schwerma, schwarma...

Scootenfrooty.

scooten

enfrooty

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    NICE LINK EVIL MULTIFARIOUS

YOUR PICTURE LINKING INADEQUACY HAS SHAMED YOUR PEOPLE

also

i hate cottage pie this evening and it was... ok

needed more cheeseburger

Needs more secret sauce.

*zip*

488W936.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I'm going to see if I can make photo bucket work.

The saints row 3 mod I got from Idolninja's excellent site unlocks a bunch of clothing colors that are not normally available, including true-white.

My protagonist has a pair of disco pants that shine like justice.

imgur is pretty easy to use.

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    I am loving the fact kebabs are seemingly becoming a nerd/hipster thing, not a drunk at 3am food.

The incongruity is p. amusing.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Yeah drop box image links don't work on mobile apparently.

That's pretty dumb.

http://db.tt/D2kOaivp

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Also, what no one in charge has come out and said but what can be ascertained by what they are not saying, is that the guy is completely crazy and has no plan. He has no end game scenario in mind other than murder + suicide by cop or hopefully suicide by cop - minus murder (well, another murder-he has already murdered the bus driver).

What are you talking about?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Yo Mama so fat, she pisses soda and bleeds caramel.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I'm drinking a soda for the first time in over a week.

It's so good.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    I am loving the fact kebabs are seemingly becoming a nerd/hipster thing, not a drunk at 3am food.

The incongruity is p. amusing.

tbh kebabs always seemed suspiciously healthy to me

they never gave me the salt sugar vinegar and crack cocaine kick of a terrible cheeseburger smothered in ketchup so i have always regarded them as fast food second class citizens

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Shan't be long now.

• Options
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    When will people learn to just use imgur? Stop the insanity!

Imgur is civilization.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Thanatos wrote: »

Imgur is civilization.

What is photobucket?

• Options
    Shan't be long now.

Sup?

488W936.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Tt2kqvl.jpg

I really like this poster. Usually the minimalist posters just focus on a single thing that works as a reference that works for people who have seen the movie would get. But this one effectively conveys the setting and period.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Also, what no one in charge has come out and said but what can be ascertained by what they are not saying, is that the guy is completely crazy and has no plan. He has no end game scenario in mind other than murder + suicide by cop or hopefully suicide by cop - minus murder (well, another murder-he has already murdered the bus driver).

Some crazy guy in Alabama kidnapped a kid off a bus and has been holding him hostage for three days in a bunker.

• Options
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Shan't be long now.

Sup?

All will be revealed in a minute.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    UK washers suck badly.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    more like taxi gunner

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Some crazy guy in Alabama kidnapped a kid off a bus and has been holding him hostage for three days in a bunker.

My brain just refuses to believe that this is an actual thing that has happened.

• Options
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

Fruitless negotiations, no demands.

That's not a good sign at all.

• Options
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Shan't be long now.

Sup?

All will be revealed in a minute.

Bated breath and all that.

488W936.png
  • Options
    UK washers suck badly.

HAHA ROBOT NOT STATE OF THE ART ENOUGH FOR ADVANCED UK WASHING DEVICES

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Thanatos wrote: »

Imgur is civilization.

What is photobucket?
    Barbarism.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I really like this poster. Usually the minimalist posters just focus on a single thing that works as a reference that works for people who have seen the movie would get. But this one effectively conveys the setting and period.

It's a movie about guns that shoot cars?

• Options
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

My brain just refuses to believe that this is an actual thing that has happened.

Unfortunately your brain is incorrect.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    hello chat!

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

It's a movie about guns that shoot cars?

It's a movie about guns who are cars who shoot cars like they're guns who drive guns like they're cars

always should be someone you really loooooooooooove

• Options
    I knew someone was going to post that comic.

I have something to add:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6TFW1F6oY0

488W936.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    UK washers suck badly.

HAHA ROBOT NOT STATE OF THE ART ENOUGH FOR ADVANCED UK WASHING DEVICES

You gonna get mugged.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Oh, Elldren did you mean what am I talking about in a more general sense?

In that case, yeah, there is a hostage situation in Alabama.

A guy forced his way onto a school bus and demanded the driver give him two male students. The drive tried to block the guy from going further onto the bus, so the guy pulled out a pistol and shot the driver 5 times.

He then grabbed a kindergartner with some developmental problems, and carried him back to an underground bunker/storm shelter on his property where he has been holed up for three days.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.