As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Endless [Chat]

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Sexuality is fluid and dynamic and weird and having only three labels for it is so woefully inadequate that it is not even funny.

There are more labels but you have to pretty much be in the depths of queerdom for anyone to know what they mean.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    People who make political cartoons should be flayed and boiled alive

You probably already k ow this but the Kelly ones are satire

Sadly it's not obvious

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I am pretty sure I'm going to be more bi soon.

Which is a fucking weird prediction, I know.

Being bi is such a ridiculously broad spectrum, it's all about how you label yourself. I don't identify as being bi even though I can admit that some women are sexually attractive to me. It's such a mind game. I totally believe in deciding for yourself how you want your sexuality to be identified, but on the other hand I kind of wish there were no identifications required.

I've known a couple dudes that I've been attracted to

But I've never really had any interest at all in being in a relationship with a dude

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    should i open a bottle of shiraz, gin or rye?
    wife not home.
    getting fucked up.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    should i open a bottle of shiraz, gin or rye?
    wife not home.
    getting fucked up.

rye girlfriend

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I am not particularly bi now. I don't find men more than the fleetingest bit attractive.
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

What do you feel is changing?

Well I'm going to the doctor to get estrogen this week.

So it's not so much a visceral "this is changing" feeling so much as an intellectual knowledge that I'm going to be actively doing something that most people I've talked to say makes them attracted to men more.

*takes notes*

488W936.png
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    People who make political cartoons should be flayed and boiled alive

You probably already k ow this but the Kelly ones are satire

Sadly it's not obvious

It's too late, the sickness is inside him

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Just took down the first ethereal. He was backed by a pair of sectopods, but I made short work of them.

Blaster launcher tech has been deployed for the next sortie and my squad makeup is as follows:

1 x Assault (Very fast, ghost armour, scout)
    1 x Support (Very fast, ghost armour, scout)
    1 x Sniper (Crazy high accuracy scores, archangel armour, double tap)
    3 x heavies (All of them are strong psionics, psi armour, 1 x blaster launcher (The other two will get them once I have the funds), 2 x mind control, 1 x psi shield, 3 x HEAT ammo, 2 x double rocket ammo)

Need to kill off a few ethereals to finish outfitting my psionic soldiers.

5 x colonels, 1 x major.

I have a pair of shivs that I just don't bother deploying.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    parents in Girls are the mom from Freaks and Geeks and the dad from Honey I Shrunk the Kids the TV Show, and I think he was one of the Mr Noodles on sesame street.

quality.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Ah shoot that is what I forgot to get at the store just now. Booze!

I should totally just spend today sitting in the nice breeze of my apartment getting drunk and playing vidja games.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    the fuck is a high rye bourbon?

• Options
    Ah shoot that is what I forgot to get at the store just now. Booze!

I should totally just spend today sitting in the nice breeze of my apartment getting drunk and playing vidja games.

this is really how every day should be

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    the fuck is a high rye bourbon?

Bourbon where the mash bill is mostly rye along with the corn, instead of using wheat or barley in balanced amounts

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Variable wrote: »
    parents in Girls are the mom from Freaks and Geeks and the dad from Honey I Shrunk the Kids the TV Show, and I think he was one of the Mr Noodles on sesame street.

quality.

Hah, so you're watching it too now? I'm on the last episode of the first season. Really liking it so far! How about you?

Ravenhpltc24 on
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    I'm serious, I cannot overstate the properties of whiskey. If I didn't constrain myself to the weekend, voluntarily and without difficulty, I would think I was an alcoholic. Whiskey is so fucking good, it fills me with love and I just wanna cuddle shit and draw cats.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

i've been seducing shivahn

now you know

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    God damn fucking imperial system.

Stop dicking me around while I'm trying to cook.

ONE TABLESPOON PER OUNCE OF WATER THAT'S GREAT LET ME JUST GET MY WATER SCALE.

Be a cooking MacGyver!

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Oh, and today marks my final 'vacation' day. One week off, now complete. A weekend to go and then back to work.

It's been a good week. Well, good for relaxation. My diet, not so good.

But back to it on Monday.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

i've been seducing shivahn

now you know

*takes more notes*

488W936.png
  • Options
    What booze should I get folks? Keep in mind that my options are limited. It was impossible to find 100% agave tequila for our taco party night, for example.

Japan seems to like its whiskeys though, so, decent selection there.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »

quality.

Hah, so you're watching it too now? I'm on the last episode of the first season. Really liking it so far! How about you?

course, too many people talking about it around here plus in real life :D

I like it a lot, already telling my friends to watch it. 6th ep I think

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    What booze should I get folks? Keep in mind that my options are limited. It was impossible to find 100% agave tequila for our taco party night, for example.

I would have thought your options were sake and only sake. [/stereotypes]

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options

bro, you know what you want

take what you want

(it's whiskey)

• Options
    INQ GET ALL THE BOOZE#

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2013
    Sexuality is fluid and dynamic and weird and having only three labels for it is so woefully inadequate that it is not even funny.

That or sexuality is neither fluid nor dynamic, and rather many persons are indecisive / terrible at self-description.

That or there is no such thing as "sexuality" and rather the "fluidity and dynamism" results from "sexuality" being merely an imagined compilation of particular instances of desire, rather than a fixed constant that ever could be labeled.

Maybe.

Edit: It's probably more the second one. There is no such thing as "sexuality", but rather particular emotive desires at particular times that can be considered habits, but are no more permanent than any other habit.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote: »

take what you want

(it's whiskey)

But what whiskey?!

• Options

I would have thought your options were sake and only sake. [/stereotypes]

At a supermarket yeah, but there is a pretty popular chain of import liquor stores, so, if you go there you have a much broader selection (of both imported and stuff made in Japan).

• Options

take what you want

(it's whiskey)

But what whiskey?!

Eagle Rare is my current favorite. Buffalo Trace and Bulleit are supposed to be very good as well. Woodford Reserve is a boss if you like to feel the bite of the dragon. For ryes I've had Redemption and that was nice to drink.

• Options

take what you want

(it's whiskey)

But what whiskey?!

Eagle Rare is my current favorite. Buffalo Trace and Bulleit are supposed to be very good as well. Woodford Reserve is a boss if you like to feel the bite of the dragon. For ryes I've had Redemption and that was nice to drink.

*jots down*

Hm, I also should maybe start exploring Japanese whiskeys too.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Japanese whisky is usually a single malt that tastes like grassy knolls

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    This is not my best soup, sadly.
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I am not particularly bi now. I don't find men more than the fleetingest bit attractive.

So it's not so much a visceral "this is changing" feeling so much as an intellectual knowledge that I'm going to be actively doing something that most people I've talked to say makes them attracted to men more.

*takes notes*

There's a lot of weird stuff people don't realize about hormones. I'm sure it's intellectually fascinating - I'm kind of too far in for that though, since everything has personal relevance.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Photoshop a picture of japanese whisky shooting Kennedy.

• Options

Apparently it is modeled after scotch.

• Options
    Oh yeah, EM, over Christmas I tried a completely unaged bourbon made by a local distillery. Didn't touch a barrel. Completely clear. It tasted very sweet, kind of like a scotch. I didn't like it but it was interesting.

• Options
    edited February 2013

take what you want

(it's whiskey)

But what whiskey?!

Check out my whiskey shelf, Sarks

1475377a6cf611e2ad6322000a9f14f2_7.jpg

Deebaser on
  • Options
    _J_ wrote: »

That or sexuality is neither fluid nor dynamic, and rather many persons are indecisive / terrible at self-description.

That or there is no such thing as "sexuality" and rather the "fluidity and dynamism" results from "sexuality" being merely an imagined compilation of particular instances of desire, rather than a fixed constant that ever could be labeled.

Maybe.

Edit: It's probably more the second one. There is no such thing as "sexuality", but rather particular emotive desires at particular times that can be considered habits, but are no more permanent than any other habit.

I actually agree with you. Labels are fundamentally an attempt to simplify things such that we can categorize them, and in this case it's a simplistic label that we put on top of a series of desires.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    My distaste for determinism has no idea what to do with what I know about the effect hormones can potentially have on behavior. Also first smartphone post!

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I want whiskey. All I have is shitty beer.

• Options
    This is not my best soup, sadly.
    Corehealer wrote: »

*takes notes*

There's a lot of weird stuff people don't realize about hormones. I'm sure it's intellectually fascinating - I'm kind of too far in for that though, since everything has personal relevance.

I hope everything goes well.

If it turns out estrogen works that way, do let me know.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.