As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Endless [Chat]

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    See you!

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Explaining emotion and state through some new non linguistic means would probably be the ideal; telepathy or some kind of mind-consciousness melding. A kind of intimacy that might even make our species unable to bring harm against itself again, or at least make it much harder to categorize the other.

It's not just sexuality; it's everything.

Sure.

Though, we don't need to get to that stage in order to solve most of the problems. We already have many of the words we need. It's just a matter of getting people to abandon the simple binary categories and utilize longer self-descriptions that apply to shorter spans of time.

English is a horrible language for the thing you want.

English is a horrible language for most things most people want.

I blame it's mother.

Romanus eunt domus!

488W936.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hm, no one is on the BB streams.

What stream should I watch on the side while I Ni no Kuni?

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    hello mine anuses

@elldren how do you feel about this cancelling of Carnaval? How do other people feel!? 235 people dead in a nightclub fire? TWO. HUNDRED. AND. THIRTY. FIVE.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/02/will-brazil-cancel-its-carnival/272678/

this is like cancelling christmas if only christmas were about lots more fun than it is, right. i tagged elldren to explain carnaval to me.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2013
    Explaining emotion and state through some new non linguistic means would probably be the ideal; telepathy or some kind of mind-consciousness melding. A kind of intimacy that might even make our species unable to bring harm against itself again, or at least make it much harder to categorize the other.

It's not just sexuality; it's everything.

Sure.

Though, we don't need to get to that stage in order to solve most of the problems. We already have many of the words we need. It's just a matter of getting people to abandon the simple binary categories and utilize longer self-descriptions that apply to shorter spans of time.

English is a horrible language for the thing you want.

English is a horrible language for most things most people want.

I blame it's mother.

Romanus eunt domus!

So much love for that scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8

_J_ on
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Goodnight, Regina!

I've been going to be at around 10pm the past few nights, and now staying up till 1 is exhausting.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Security guard sealed most entrances from the outside to stop people leaving w/o paying for their drinks. The level of stupid in that decision is staggering.

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Goodnight, Regina!

I've been going to be at around 10pm the past few nights, and now staying up till 1 is exhausting.

What time zone are you in again?

Not the dative! Not the dative, sir!

Shivahn wrote: »
    Goodnight, Regina!

East coast. New Yawhk.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Goodnight, Regina!

East coast. New Yawhk.

Ah. So you are me plus three.

You should always stay up until one, just because everyone in that time zone should so there are more people on at night here.

Security guard sealed most entrances from the outside to stop people leaving w/o paying for their drinks. The level of stupid in that decision is staggering.

I'm not surprised they're canceling it. It's respectful to do after such a tragedy. Can you imagine running to an exit from a fire, and the door is locked? That's some Carrie shit right there.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Goodnight, Regina!

East coast. New Yawhk.

You should always stay up until one, just because everyone in that time zone should so there are more people on at night here.

Most of the time I do. It's been a weird week for me. Whenever I get stressed out or upset about something, going to bed immediately to stop the bad thoughts is my new solution. Healthy/not healthy?

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Goodnight, Regina!

East coast. New Yawhk.

Already on it O efficacious one!

488W936.png
    Goodnight, Regina!

East coast. New Yawhk.

Most of the time I do. It's been a weird week for me. Whenever I get stressed out or upset about something, going to bed immediately to stop the bad thoughts is my new solution. Healthy/not healthy?

Better than drinking immediately.

Actually I am in bed with my laptop and am tired and have a cat on my legs and think it might be time to call it a night.

So yeah, good evening all, good talk, @Shivahn may you continue to progress in your beautiful new form without complication. Best wishes to you and to you all.

Austa Sul Vedal.

488W936.png
    Goodnight, Regina!

East coast. New Yawhk.

I can't say whether it's healthy or not healthy but on a scale of me/not me it is very me.

I always try and nap when I'm upset. It's a good way to reset.

What's up? Why are you stressed? Or is it something you'd not like to talk about, because that's cool too.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Goodnight, Regina!

East coast. New Yawhk.

Actually pretty healthy.

Also @Shivahn I gotcha covered. Staying up irresponsibly late in EST is my specialty!

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Hm, no one is on the BB streams.

What stream should I watch on the side while I Ni no Kuni?

http://www.twitch.tv/garrison_tt/new

super metroid

Actually I am in bed with my laptop and am tired and have a cat on my legs and think it might be time to call it a night.

So yeah, good evening all, good talk, Shivahn may you continue to progress in your beautiful new form without complication. Best wishes to you and to you all.

Austa Sul Vedal.

I have like half of those but am not feeling like bed yet. I really should.

Anyway, thanks. I'm doing my best. So far it's all going according to keikaku.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    hello mine anuses

@elldren how do you feel about this cancelling of Carnaval? How do other people feel!? 235 people dead in a nightclub fire? TWO. HUNDRED. AND. THIRTY. FIVE.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/02/will-brazil-cancel-its-carnival/272678/

this is like cancelling christmas if only christmas were about lots more fun than it is, right. i tagged elldren to explain carnaval to me.

that question doesn't even make sense

it is like saying "fuck it, no thanksgiving" in the US

edit: in the ENTIRE US

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing

So yeah, good evening all, good talk, Shivahn may you continue to progress in your beautiful new form without complication. Best wishes to you and to you all.

Austa Sul Vedal.

I have like half of those but am not feeling like bed yet. I really should.

Anyway, thanks. I'm doing my best. So far it's all going according to keikaku.

ishihara__s_keikaku_by_n1mh-d3f0rpg.jpg

Ok, sleep now. Talk to you all tomorrow after my epic cleaning spree.

488W936.png
    Elldren wrote: »
    hello mine anuses

elldren how do you feel about this cancelling of Carnaval? How do other people feel!? 235 people dead in a nightclub fire? TWO. HUNDRED. AND. THIRTY. FIVE.

that question doesn't even make sense

it is like saying "fuck it, no thanksgiving" in the US

edit: in the ENTIRE US

Right, so it's literally like cancelling Christmas.

What a weirdass thought someone formed.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Life of Brian so good, still.

Bigus Dickus 4 lyfe

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Antichamber might be the best puzzle game i've played since Portal

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    also

nbcsnl-df6226f1-sz448x774-animate.jpg

Alright late-night / west-coast [chat], within a few weeks it's very likely I'll be launching a podcast of some variety. Choose a theme ... so that I might dismiss it immediately! :o

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Alright late-night / west-coast [chat], within a few weeks it's very likely I'll be launching a podcast of some variety. Choose a theme ... so that I might dismiss it immediately! :o

Hey it is only mid day here!

Theme should be making meaning of a meaningless world.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    You don't need to know Thai to fuck a hooker.

My fingertips feel numb.

I am okay with this.

Hey it is only mid day here!

Theme should be making meaning of a meaningless world.

You qualify as west-coast :P

And innnnteresting. Interesting.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

But how will you demand your kinks from the hooker?

You do to fuck thai ladyboy hookers.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

the wonder that is me

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch

if they want american money they will speak american god damnit

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Like it's entirely conceivable for a small municipality or a few municipalities in a region to cancel their thanksgiving parades in the wake of a tragedy.

But it is inconceivable for that to happen to, for example, the Macy's Parade barring immediate act-of-god armageddon shit

Similarly, there is no way that Rio or Salvador will cancel Carnaval

and thousands of municipalities elsewhere in the country will hold their own celebrations like always

fuck gendered marketing
    Variable wrote: »

the wonder that is me

Submitted without comment. ( <3 )

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I need to stretch more and better

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

I used to know some hooker-relevant Thai slang.

My ex-girlfriend lived in Thailand for a while.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    She wasn't a hooker.

At least, not until after she came back to the states.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.