Options

[EAST] Pax East Wizard Duel

13»

• Options
    MorgansternMorganstern Registered User regular
    WDERnew_zpsc3e43b2a.png

• Options
    AsmodeusLoreAsmodeusLore Registered User regular
    I want to place my order on Friday, and have it shipped to the hotel I'll be staying at.
    Does this seem like a valid course of action?

• Options
    ElfertonElferton Registered User regular
    Yeah, that should be totally fine.

Is anyone bringing a few extra decks in case we inspire others?

• Options
    ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Im not bringing any extra decks just the one i got... the only thing that im going to be doing is making a armband with the academy logo on it. Ill put a pic up when i finish it.

ViciousEin02 on
    Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

• Options
    KapolKapol Registered User regular
    Got the deck today. Not sure why it was said to be delivered two days ago, but oh well. I'm just glad I got it.

Two questions I thought of though. Can we battle people in our own school? Can we face people multiple times?

• Options
    You could duel people in your own school if you wanted, but since we're counting up cards you have from other schools as victory points, there wouldn't be much point other than for fun.

You can duel opponents more than once, but I'd limit it to one duel per meeting to make sure people don't run out of cards.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    You could duel people in your own school if you wanted, but since we're counting up cards you have from other schools as victory points, there wouldn't be much point other than for fun.

You can duel opponents more than once, but I'd limit it to one duel per meeting to make sure people don't run out of cards.

I'd consider upping this to 3 duels per meeting. I'm going to be really disappointed if I meet someone, duel them once, and then don't meet a single other person. There are only 30 of us so far. Them odds are pretty long.

Alternatively, you could allow them to duel best 2 out of 3, but only during the winning battle is a card surrendered. I think this adds more to the tactical sense of the game.

AsmodeusLore on
  • Options
    3 per meeting should be ok. Feel free to come up with different dueling rules throughout the weekend, as long as the defeated player dosen't loose more than 3 cards.

Also, it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that if you encounter a player involved in another Pax activity, don't interrupt them for a duel.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I'll be enrolling in the Ironglacier Academy tomorrow.
    I will also be a very stationary wizard. I will be in the Dungeons and Dragons area, as a Game Master from 11AM to 11PM, Friday and Saturday. Come find me, and bring your very best spells. They shall all crash against my shield like futile waves upon the rocky shore.

There is no way to avoid interrupting a game to duel me, but that's ok. Just be a little patient, and be sure that your wizarding ways are awesome so you make it an enjoyable show for the players.

AsmodeusLore on
  • Options
    Final ID Card/Badge combo:
    wdidbadge_zps91163c8a.jpg

Forgot to write my name on it...

• Options
    gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    It turns out I'm going to be waiting in line for the panel after the tomb raider panel, so you can just grab one from me on your way out.

Excellent! I will look for you in the Final Fantasy Line at the Nagas Theater (might be lining up for that one myself if it's not already capped).

• Options
    Hmm... I'm stating to think that 30 people trying to find each other among 75,000 others might be a little tricky. Therefore I officially declare that in addition to random chance meetings wizards should gather for dueling each day near the Into The Pixel art gallery at the the most magical hour of the them all: 3pm.

Each school should choose to host one of the meetups. Days will be given out on a first yell, first severed basis starting... now!

• Options
    I claim Sunday in the name of Ironglacier Academy.
    The cold grip of death will eventually hold sway over the entire universe.
    Let PAX end with a frozen blast as well.
    (Also, it's the only day I can make it there on time.)

• Options
    Ok at this point it's probably too late to order decks and have them arrive on time, so I'll be taking down the order links. I someone still feels like they want to risk it, send me a PM.

WDERlas_zps7a1c6f5d.png

• Options
    gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Can other Archlights commit to Saturday? Friday I will be at a panel until 3:30 and Sunday is taken by Ironglacier.

• Options
    KhaytorKhaytor MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Sunday is good for this Ironglacier member.

Side note. I picked up bandanas at a local fabric store. Blue for Ice, red/orange mix for fire, and White for lightening (trying to run with the silver idea there). I know that I offered to pick some bandanas up for other players, but due to a truly horrific experience at the store, they will no longer be recieving my business. My apologies to those who might have been waiting for me.

• Options
    Sunday works for me also. Its doesnt come into play with any of the panels im gonna see. Im making a armband right now hope i will have images up before then. If anybody is playing and has twitter why dont we follow eachother and that way we know were people are and can find them if not busy.

My twitter is IG_Vicious

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• Options
    sudokensudoken Registered User regular
    hi im sudoken! im in iron glacier and im an [E] ill be in the expo hall in the back right corner [closest way into expo from tabletop] come find me

Pax East: 3 Day [X] Hotel [X] Time off [X]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    sudoken wrote: »
    hi im sudoken! im in iron glacier and im an [E] ill be in the expo hall in the back right corner [closest way into expo from tabletop] come find me
    Nice. That's close to where I'll be. Looks like Iron Glacier will have the Table Top area on a frozen lock-down.
    I am on twitter as @AsmodeusLore, but I don't know how useful it will be for finding me. I won't be very responsive to it.

AsmodeusLore on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    So, I just checked my order. It is 113 in line to be created. It gives an estimate of 3/28 for it's shipping date(not even arrival date). At this point, it looks like I won't get my material in time, which makes me sad.

I'm not sure what to do. Any advice? Should I try to cancel my order and get a refund?

AsmodeusLore on
  • Options
    You can contact them and explain that you need it for this weekend, but you may have to pay for overnight shipping.

• Options
    So I made up some nifty little Icicle pendants, beat me in a duel and get one! There are a limited amout, about 16, so first win's get them! I'll be at the 3pm Meet-ups too. Is anyone bringing anything to these meet-ups?
    See you all over the next 3 days! Happy Dueling!

• Options
    @AsmodeusLore If you can't get your cards in time come see me at the button distribution. I'll give you half of my deck so you can play.

• Options
    Thanks Morgan. They shipped today so I should get them by Sunday for the big finale.

• Options
    I know it's late, but I'll be posting to #PAXeastWD with my locations throughout the day. I'll also make a posting through PAXeast stating the #

• Options
    Morgan, where is button distribution?

• Options
    i thinks its at BYOC

• Options
    ok i wasnt able to make it to the first time to play.. ok.. ill be there at 3 for the next school.. if anybody reads this i will be at the pixel art around 3.. i will be wearing jeans and a stripped hoodie.

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• Options
    Morganstern, myself and 2 friends made this one, and I will be there with 3 others on Saturday. Lets try to male this big guys!

• Options
    Sorry about the button distribution, there was heavy traffic and parking issues and I didn't get in until noon. I'll swing by the gallery at 3 to hand out buttons tomorrow.

• Options
    I forgot my cards so im hoping my friend gets here soon and then i will meet up with you guys.. Might be a lil late. Only by 5-10 mins

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• Options
    Anybody around to play?

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• Options
    Anybody playing?

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• Options
    Waiting in the pixel area. Os anybody around to play?

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• Options
    i never even played at all..

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• Options
    I was there at 3 each day, I guess we missed each other. I'm up for trying this again next year, but we need to start earlier and figure out an easy way to identify each other. Maybe 3 inch buttons or something like that.
    Hope everyone had a great PAX!

• Options
    I'm really sorry some people never got to find anyone to play against. It became quickly apparent that the button/card combo was not nearly enough to stand out in the sensory overload that is Pax. I'll have to go back to the drawing board and figure out a better way for players to stand out.

For those of you who did get to duel, it's time to tally up the numbers and see who won. You'll have two weeks to report how many cards from opposing schools you managed to pick up, then we'll tally up and find out which east coast magic school reigns supreme!

• Options
    I ended up with 13 card, 8 from Everflame, and 5 from Arclight.
    I know that I lost more then 13, I don't know what the final numbers are from the people I went with, I'll try to figure it out.
    Maybe 3 inch buttons next year? And post-day meetups in the lobby? IDK, just some ideas.