As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Budgeting Software - Is Quicken any good?

MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
I'm looking for a software and phone app that will help me and my wife keep track of expenses. I've heard great things about Mint, but unfortunately they only deal in Dollars. I'm looking for something that will support two users and can manage Dollars and Yen.

I read some reviews on Quicken, and it seems to do just that. But they don't have a demo version for Mac, and their app requires you to buy the $50 software.

I don't mind spending $50 on something that's going to help us keep track of our money, but it's hard to pay when you can't see if it will do what you want.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Quicken is the defacto budgeting software. So yes, it's pretty good. Mint.com is based off quicken. So if you like mint, you'll like quicken.

There's a whole host of other ones, YNAB is one I'm hearing a lot of good things about. Not many really hit the greatness of quicken though. Not sure if YNAB can do different types of currency.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me