[CHAT][CHAT][CHAT][CHAT][CHAT] [CHAT] Thread

24567100

Posts

  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Antichamber is so so so good. I've looked up one hint, but only because the game was bugging out on me and forcing some blocks to disappear, and I couldn't tell if it was part of the game or not.

    Rolo wrote: »
    Iruka wrote: »
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/conrad-farnsworth-builds-nuclear-fusion-reactor-garage_n_2616998.html?&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

    I had no idea this could be done, which is cool, but movies/games have lead me to believe that "nuclear reactor" equals "Glowing liquid light goo in a round shape that you can shoot to explode" so its weird that its just like a bunch of shit on a work shelf.

    I...what? Some kind of early april fools prank?

    He made a cold fusion generator?

    I don't think this is a cold fusion generator. From the video it looks like a fusor.

    Flay on
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Mustang wrote: »
    This chat thread needs some jazzing up, there isn't even a title-relevant image in the OP.
    Something like:
    buonarroti-michelangelo-creation-of-adam.jpg
    Now looking at this does anyone find it a little dissapointing that the alleged man who gave birth to the human race had such a perilously small weiner?
    I mean if you're going to fuck the human race into existence you'd want to do it using the right tools.

    I never understood why Adam had a belly-button. I mean....

    header_image_sm.jpg
    brokecrackertapeslingerDasUberEdwardwandering
  • franciumfrancium Registered User regular
    Does anyone here do volunteer work? Like walking dogs for the SPCA, or cleaning up parks?

  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    Is this animal kidding me with this neck? Those legs? Seriously?

    Lightmatter_gerenuk.jpg

    NibCrom
  • brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN Those legs go all the way up?

    What does that even mean? of course they do otherwise my disjointed torso would fall to the ground! stupid cat calls.

    Prospicience
  • SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    Mustang wrote: »
    This chat thread needs some jazzing up, there isn't even a title-relevant image in the OP.
    Something like:
    buonarroti-michelangelo-creation-of-adam.jpg
    Now looking at this does anyone find it a little dissapointing that the alleged man who gave birth to the human race had such a perilously small weiner?
    I mean if you're going to fuck the human race into existence you'd want to do it using the right tools.
    Every time I see that now I just can't not notice the giant flying brain.

    tapeslinger
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Hooray, i'm a regular! What do I win?

  • ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    Also, House of Cards on netflix streaming is really good guys.

    I just started watching this last night and I'm hooked.

  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    tablet drawing is more difficult than I anticipated. how long does it take to adjust from pencil and paper?

  • franciumfrancium Registered User regular
    3 years @jars
    So just relax and try your best, that speeds up the process.

  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Jars wrote: »
    tablet drawing is more difficult than I anticipated. how long does it take to adjust from pencil and paper?
    Took me half a year, on and off.
    edit: but then I didn't put much effort into adjusting and learning. What program are you using?

    m3nace on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    CS2 photoshop

    right now practicing my dong drawing

  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    It never feels as good as a pencil, no matter how much you practice.

    m3nace
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    I used a tablet for "inking" for a couple of years. I'm actually going back to traditional inking.

  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Anybody ever use white out as a tool for highlighting or something a long those lines? I've seen some people use it to cool effect. (comic artists mainly)

  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    There's an old comic artist whom I saw doing some awesome work and he used a white out pen for some of it. He was mostly doing B&W ink stuff and then used the white out pen for some highlight stuff at the end. His name escapes me right now. I'll try to remember and let you know.

  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    Grifter wrote: »
    There's an old comic artist whom I saw doing some awesome work and he used a white out pen for some of it. He was mostly doing B&W ink stuff and then used the white out pen for some highlight stuff at the end. His name escapes me right now. I'll try to remember and let you know.
    tsutomu nihei and yoji shinkawa both do that. IDK about other artists.

  • Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    francium wrote: »
    Does anyone here do volunteer work? Like walking dogs for the SPCA, or cleaning up parks?
    My wife and I have done the SPCA thing, dogs and cats.

  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    Hey stop talking about art for a minute and watch this video of pandas on a slide instead.

    Siegfried
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Anybody ever use white out as a tool for highlighting or something a long those lines? I've seen some people use it to cool effect. (comic artists mainly)

    I use either white acrylic or gouache. Whiteout and jelly pens are great if you want light, translucent layer of whiteish on top of your inks, but I've never found a brand that's remotely opaque enough. Also, the stuff is a pain in the ass to clean off of your fingers.

    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    this pixar artist is fantastic
    http://imgur.com/gallery/9VdIW

  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Beer and coffee and energy drinks, I hope this semester doesn't kill me.

    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    Siegfried wrote: »
    Beer and coffee and energy drinks, I hope this semester doesn't kill me.

    Just drink tea. and also beer

  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Mustang wrote: »
    Hey stop talking about art for a minute and watch this video of pandas on a slide instead.

    I suddenly feel like everything is gonna be ok, now.

  • bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    But why aren't they fixing the Swing? It was their go to, until they're like Crap this things still broken.

  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I need good onomatopoeia of a book being closed, so far all I've got is "FUMP".

  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    fump or fwomp, phwump if you need to fill some space.

  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    I think I'll go with fwomp, thanks.

  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I'm a 'fump' man.

    You 'fwomp' people will be first up against the wall in the First Great Pointless Onomatopoeia War.

  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    What the fuck just happened in that closed new guy art thread...?


    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2013
    No big deal, it was just something that should have been reported rather than attempting to make a public spectacle. Pointing it out that someone is tracing or not citing heavy reference is fine, But spouting off someone's history on the internet is weird and in appropriate.

    I was just closing the shutters before the shit storm started.

    Iruka on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Haha

  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Maybe I'm biased because I work for em, but I think this is awesome in its own right:


    We have really really nice animators.

    Wassermelone on
    BrolobombardierFugitivebebarcetapeslinger
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah that's some great animation work, good stuff!

  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    I second Rolo's avatar

    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    wow
    you have really great animators

    DirtyDirtyVagrant
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    although i hope that the kitty-girl and rock-man aren't gender exclusive. That was my problem with FF11. I JUST WANNA PLAY A BIG BURLY LADY AND A LIL KITTYBOY, damnit, final fantasy

    DirtyDirtyVagrant
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN Those legs go all the way up?

    What does that even mean? of course they do otherwise my disjointed torso would fall to the ground! stupid cat calls.

    All I can ever think about when I hear someone comment about long legs is EWA's "Her legs go on forever" comic.

  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    although i hope that the kitty-girl and rock-man aren't gender exclusive. That was my problem with FF11. I JUST WANNA PLAY A BIG BURLY LADY AND A LIL KITTYBOY, damnit, final fantasy

    I know, that animation was so wonderful. There's seems to be a lot of technical influence from kingdom hearts in this. I also want to play as a big burly rock lady.

    Prospicience
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Thanks guys! I didn't have anything to do with that but I'm still proud of the project and the response its getting.

    Also @mynt
    I see you on the stripsearch website. I SEE YOU
    http://penny-arcade.com/strip-search/

    MyntProspicience
This discussion has been closed.