As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestle]mania is Sunday! All other promotions have shows in New York too.

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Also I am fucking TERRIFIED of next year's Mania if it's Cena v Taker for the Streak. Because for some reason Cena will take it.

Or they let Taker ride off into the sunset undefeated. It's not like Cena is a young guy who needs the push.

YES HE IS

HE NEEDS TO BE THE VERY BEST

LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS

edited April 2013
    seriously we need to get hogan/cena at XXX

they hit reset at the same exact moment and the resulting time distortion sends half of that state back to the stone age, while cena and hulk reign supreme as god-kings

Buttlord on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    also they probably won't do Cena/Orton, I guess. I dunno. I don't know where they go with Cena now that the Rock isn't literally the only thing that matters on his dance card. Ryback could work, I guess, but I don't think they want to pull the trigger on that yet. they can't do Sheamus unless they want to turn him, and I think they want to build Sheamus up more as a face. Punk and Cena put on good matches, but I think giving Punk a break from the title scene is probably not the worst idea, as much as I love the dude

so I dunno. push someone else to the top to feud with Cena? I'd love to see a brief feud with Daniel Bryan, but that's not going to happen. Just...who is big enough to be in a feud with Cena, now? I mean, Cena's whole thing leading up to this was how this was the only thing that mattered, so where do they go from here? I mean, they could ignore all that, because they're good at that kind of thing, but he's spent most of the last two years biding time until he could fight the Rock. he had feuds, but aside from the Summer of Punk, they were pretty goddamned dumb.

so I dunno. Cena beat the Rock and accomplished his BIGGEST GOAL OF HIS LIFE so what the hell does he have to care about now I guess

man that post kind of went nowhere

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    You know I'm still not sure whether I should feel sad we never got Cena/Hogan. It would have been perversely entertaining if nothing else.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I think there was a better chance of Punk beating Taker than Cena. I would hope that everyone involved in that match would realize that Cena doesn't need that.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
    I'd like to see a midcarder get a chance with Cena at Extreme Rules. Isn't both Rock and Brock going to be at that show? They can afford to experiment a bit without sacrificing the buyrate.

edited April 2013
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    You know I'm still not sure whether I should feel sad we never got Cena/Hogan. It would have been perversely entertaining if nothing else.

you know how in the last hbk/hulkster match shawn just oversold it because he was irritated at hogan

this would be the exact opposite of that

it'd be the least convincing match since Dorothy "Granny Badass" Wojwycz pinned Dave "The Man Made of Trucks" Hughman in seventeen seconds

Buttlord on
    there are maybe three matches that John Cena could do that would be bigger than Cena/Rock

Cena/Hogan, Cena/Austin, or Cena/Taker

well, not even Cena/Taker, because it wouldn't draw in old wrestling fans like the Rock does

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    HHH vs. John Cena the feud nobody knew they didn't want.

I don't know about redeeming the coupon, as I only bought the one time viewing of the PPV so I just got the VOD free. I'm seriously kicking myself for not getting the $25 package for the DG show before Mania. It was so good.

Magell wrote: »

no everyone knows that

Sweeney TomCorporateRed
    They could do Henry/Cena. He would at least be a credible threat, even if they had no intention of him ever beating Cena.

Or they could put the title on Bruno. I'd be down with that.

steam_sig.png
    Wonder if I can use the coupon to get that pre-Mania DGUSA show? If not I'll just get one from 2010, maybe the other Moxley/Jacobs brawl or the one with Moxley/Homicide.

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I don't think ANYTHING will feel as right to me as Taker/Kane next WM, if it really is Taker's last match.

Let the two brothers drag each other to hell once and for all.

realistically I'd love to see Henry/anyone else or Bryan/anyone else because I find both of them to be incredibly entertaining at just about everything they do

MagellThe Betgirl
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    that would be an awesome way for them to retire

bryan vs his evil twin

i'll take my money in wampum, vince

Del Rio/Swagger was good. Crowd actually got into it pretty well by the end, and at least Coulter didn't get any face heat.

Hope you enjoyed your big moment Jack because that was it.

edited April 2013
    Bryan trying to help Henry through his anger issues? It would have it all: fighting, hugging, jealous Kane...

"That's what I do!"

"NO!"

CorporateRed on
    steam_sig.png
    ChillyWilly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NzX56dIW9E

Trish Stratus interview with Rosenberg. I like that Trish said she though about Finlay inducting her, I think he'd be a bad choice, because he doesn't talk, he likes to fight.

AJR
    Buttlord wrote: »

no everyone knows that

I meant it was the feud nobody knew would happen that nobody wants.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I'm basically hinging my remaining future interest in WWE all on tonight's Raw at this point. If any Raw can deliver, it's the one after Mania. Right?

Sweeney you're probably better off with just watching Impact, I kinda doubt WWE will radically change after this Mania.

• KamiKami Registered User regular
    I will bet hundreds of dollars that Raw starts with a John Cena promo.

I can't wait to hear Cole tell us how many odds Cena overcame

or how many odds Cena defied

or how many obstacles stood in Cena's path

guess what happened with the obstacles

Cena un-obstacled them

MizukishiDyvim Tvar
    Sweeney you're probably better off with just watching Impact,

Monster!

steam_sig.png
    Vintage obstacles.

steam_sig.png
    Dyvim Tvar
    Also here's some key ROH spoilers from the tv tapings that happened right after the iPPV on Friday.
    Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Cole is set for Border Wars and Cole was teasing a heel turn. Also SCUM officially kicked out Steen.

• I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular

I...

I had no idea about this

None at all

And now I am up at 2 in the goddamned morning

Sweeney Tom
    I will bet hundreds of dollars that Raw starts with a John Cena promo.

probably more likely he closes the show

Also here's some key ROH spoilers from the tv tapings that happened right after the iPPV on Friday.
    Jay Briscoe vs. Adam Cole is set for Border Wars and Cole was teasing a heel turn. Also SCUM officially kicked out Steen.

I swear to god if the next RoH Champion isn't Michael Elgin I will choke a bitch.

edited April 2013

Monster!

Honestly I can see people preferring Impact if only because they have only 2 hours of content to fill a week and not 6, not counting SMS. Plus only 4 live PPVs now so less money to spend.

wirehead26 on
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    So I'm watching Wrestlemania right now. Just finished the Ryback/Henry match, nothing bad so far, but god damn did I love JBL deciding not to show off the Mattel figures just so he could beat up the Rey Mysterio figure. That's storytelling right there.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    DJ EebsMagellThe Betgirl

Monster!

Honestly I can see people preferring Impact if only because they have only 2 hours of content to fill a week and not 6, not counting SMS. Plus only 4 live PPVs now so less money to spend.

Plus they have Samoa Joe

I mean they don't know how to use him at all, but dude's still a fucking hulking mass of mancandy and talent

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

I...

I had no idea about this

None at all

And now I am up at 2 in the goddamned morning

good

I swear to god if the next RoH Champion isn't Michael Elgin I will choke a bitch.

Remember that post you made about ROH fucking up nearly ALL their title reigns since 2009? Think about that and cry.

And plus I still think Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi is one of the sickest matches to ever happen in the history of wrestling, so once again I'm super biased

Magell
    Kami wrote: »
    And plus I still think Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi is one of the sickest matches to ever happen in the history of wrestling, so once again I'm super biased

Sickest match award involving Joe goes to his 2005 match with Necro Butcher.

Kami wrote: »

That match was awesome so you're not wrong. Also Samoa Joe is goddamn awesome, and I love him. He's been looking really good on Impact lately.

I'm still going through the new Samoa Joe set ROH put out that focuses on his title reign. Good stuff so far but I think the later matches will be amazing.

• MizukishiMizukishi Registered User regular
    I'm interested in the rumors of Punk and Brock tagging together.

Perhaps they pick up a few more dudes for a "Paul Heyman Guys" stable?

class_zps688b5890.jpg
This discussion has been closed.