As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Am I missing something with the Trenches?

MlsterBenMlsterBen Registered User regular
Reading the Trenches is like half-listening to a conversation: things keep happening, but I feel like I always miss why or how everything got to that point. Take this current deal with Cora taking Q to meet her dad: I had no idea why Q wanted to meet him for about four comics when Q finally (and indirectly) asked her dad to adapt his books (he's an author?) into a game (I'm assuming).

How does everyone else follow the series? Is there some sort of story explanation hub I don't know about?

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    You might have better luck posting in The Penny Arcade Hub

it's our sub forum dedicated to the discussion of the comics and other PA content.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I haven't actually read a PA or Trenches comic since at least PAX Prime. I just come here for the cynicism.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    You might have better luck posting in The Penny Arcade Hub

it's our sub forum dedicated to the discussion of the comics and other PA content.

Or if you don't want to leave the Social Entropy forum try the Webcomics thread.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    there is a story explanation hub, and if you'll give me your visa or mastercard number i'll set up your account for access right away

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    We don't really need to spend ten posts telling someone other subforums they can post in. I'm sure he saw them. He wanted to post in SE. That's fine.

• Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    I haven't read trenches for a bit, but I kind of liked how they didn't explicitly lay everything out. It's ok to leave some ambiguity in the story, and let the audience infer what is going on. When those details actually become important, they'll be revealed.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i assumed trenches was less about story and more about an endless pity party for people who had their dreams shattered by their brief experience as a playtester

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Ah, the Trenches, the only webcomic I read explicitly for the news posts.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    my few experiences with the trenches have been pretty enjoyable

they have all been through the comic edits thread, however

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular

there was something enjoyable in the comic edits thread?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I find I enjoy Trenches more when I read the story that goes along with the comic.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »

there was something enjoyable in the comic edits thread?

it has been an age since I entered it

but yes

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    I stopped reading after the first season, not really conciously, it wasn't bad, just not very interesting for me.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Didn't they have someone take over the art?

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    I don't see her getting any credit on the comic.

• Options
    She's credited in About The Author. She doesn't want to be credited on the comic. It's a Thing for some people but it's no one's business but hers.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    dave noooooo

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    dave that was the worst series of posts in this thread

I'm now going to text you sassy cat faces

Kochikens on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Until that one.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Mary Cagle of Kiwi Blitz took over art duties

Is she still not getting credit under the comic?

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Also it turns out that people don't get credited in the copyright notice when they don't own the copyright

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    5ZcsH9A.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm dumb.

>:3

That Dave Fella on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    You're not alone, Dave

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    MlsterBenMlsterBen Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    We don't really need to spend ten posts telling someone other subforums they can post in. I'm sure he saw them. He wanted to post in SE. That's fine.
    Er.... Yeah. That's totally why I posted this here.