As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Is a [chat] About Being Unprepared.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Im so disgusting, I went to sonic today and had a double cheeseburger and fries.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    There's a certain poetry to saying, "Shove it up your own ass," instead of just, "Shove it up your ass."

I dunno why. I've always appreciated the distinction.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    So I was going to study for the quiz today on spanish definite and indefinite articles, and then I realized that I have known the rules for spanish definite and indefinite articles for longer than I can remember.

El, la, las, los, un, una

Who doesn't know this already? You would have to be living under the worlds whitest rock.

n-no.. no hablo espanol.

I guess we buffer Canadia from latin culture

I played World of Warcraft with a guild that was half full of Mexicans, and after months of raiding with them, I could actually speak some Spanish. Not fluently or anything, but I understood what they were saying clearly and could explain a boss fight.

As soon as our guild fell apart the knowledge disappeared from my brain immediately.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Im so disgusting, I went to sonic today and had a double cheeseburger and fries.

There are more disgusting things than what I have for lunch all the time.

Right?

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I have had chapped anus before!

What the hell... Chanus is a portmaneau of...wow...

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    There's a certain poetry to saying, "Shove it up your own ass," instead of just, "Shove it up your ass."

I like to also make the distinction that whatever you are shoving up your own ass is also where your head is. It feels like hitting two birds with one stone.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    How awful is the battery life?
    3-4 hours depending on what you are doing.

Compare this to 10 from an iPad or 8-9 from a galaxy tab, which are the competing form factors.

This thing isn't a laptop or a tablet and fails at both.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I like to also make the distinction that whatever you are shoving up your own ass is also where your head is. It feels like hitting two birds with one stone.

Hitting two birds right in their own asses with one stone.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

Urban Dictionary wasn't around when I was playing D&D in seventh grade!

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

Compare this to 10 from an iPad or 8-9 from a galaxy tab, which are the competing form factors.

I love it when you talk dirty, syndalis 8->

Don't stop

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

that sounds delicious

I skipped breakfast and I am ravenous

I will be a good boy and go home and make a sandwich and have veggies with hummus though :(

• Options
    So I was going to study for the quiz today on spanish definite and indefinite articles, and then I realized that I have known the rules for spanish definite and indefinite articles for longer than I can remember.

El, la, las, los, un, una

Who doesn't know this already? You would have to be living under the worlds whitest rock.

n-no.. no hablo espanol.

I guess we buffer Canadia from latin culture

I played World of Warcraft with a guild that was half full of Mexicans, and after months of raiding with them, I could actually speak some Spanish. Not fluently or anything, but I understood what they were saying clearly and could explain a boss fight.

As soon as our guild fell apart the knowledge disappeared from my brain immediately.

Spanish is one of the easier languages to pick up, period.

Learning languages in general is tough, but it doesn't get easier than spanish. I have no doubt that anyone would pick up some rudimentary spanish if they were exposed to it enough.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

You should be ashamed of ordering anything from Sonic that isnt
    a) some sort of hotdog
    b) one of those fritos pies
    c) a route 44 cherry limeade.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

the sonic double cheeseburger is a very good cheeseburger

also you can get tots and a cherry limeade

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Syndalis, if I get a Nike Plus wristband is that

A. an innovative way to leverage the technology of the future to turn exercise into points
    B. lame and nerdy as fuck

I ask because I feel we're in p much the same nerd bracket.

• Options

Hitting two birds right in their own asses with one stone.

a hand in the ass is worth two in the bush

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Surface Pro. I wanted you to be good. No... great.

Something roughly the size of an iPad, with the processor of a laptop?

Sacrifices were going to be made, simply due to physics getting in the way.

In this case, fucking awful battery life and a laptop you cant rest on your lap.

Just coat your legs in heat sink gel.

It gets warm, though heat isn't the main issue.

The issue is that when you clip a keyboard on, the only angle you can use is the angle the kickstand sets it at. Which means that using it on your lap versus using it on your desk are two completely different viewing angles, and chances are the screen will not look good for you on one of those.

Also, having a kickstand protruding past the back of the screen and onto your lap that needs to remain balanced to keep the screen up is a bit janky.

You'd think someone would QC this shit. It's the 21st century already.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Hmm. Yeah. That's not going to be workable after all.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    I have never been to a Sonic or a Denny's

Clearly this is because I am a deep undercover terrorist

The Americans is about me

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    The Sonic Happy Hour is a legitimate reason for skipping out of work in the afternoon to get a cherry limeade.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

You should be ashamed of ordering anything from Sonic that isnt
    a) some sort of hotdog
    b) one of those fritos pies
    c) a route 44 cherry limeade.

Excuse me sir but Sonic is the #1 purveyor of the very underrated grill cheese sandwich.

I would kindly ask you to make sex with your mother.

• Options

I can't look at your av and think anything but "You think this fire out my mouth sucks, you should see what's going on down by my butthole"

• Options
  • Options
    <3 grilled cheese

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Gonna go cook chicken filled with cream cheese wrapped in bacon

I need a better name for that

And I'm procrastinating on it because it involves pawing raw chicken D:

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    The cheeseburger was pretty good, not gonna lie.

But you could have just went to Wendy's

Bless your heart.
  • Options

This is kind of like saying, "I've never been to Sacks or Kmart," in the scope of fast food/shit food places.

Because, really, Denny's is terrorism.

Just like Kmart? My metaphor is getting off track.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

The Americans is about people that look like Americans. I'm sorry but you are not white.

• Options

A. an innovative way to leverage the technology of the future to turn exercise into points

Yeah the Nike+iPod native app on the iPhone, do I need the little shoe chip to work with it? Or the wristband, which I didn't know existed before right now? And is it worth it?

Also Dee i.e. turning exercise into points, @Beast! has me doing fitocracy, which is not perfect but serviceable. Just don't look at his profile because his workouts have like #texas points and they make me weep

• Options

fat old wendy or hot possibly fire-crotched wendy

• Options

I can't look at your av and think anything but "You think this fire out my mouth sucks, you should see what's going on down by my butthole"

Well, yeah, that's by design.

But you're supposed to think of your butthole too.

• Options

This is kind of like saying, "I've never been to Sacks or Kmart," in the scope of fast food/shit food places.

I ate at a denny's once on thanksgiving

we went to my wife's aunt's house

she served us these tiny little portions because she had 3 small kids?

so I had like thirds and was still so hungry

worst thanksgiving

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Sonic's dollar menu has been my savior on many an occasion, and man, I could really go for a cherry limeade right now.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

fat old wendy or hot possibly fire-crotched wendy

Both of them have square patties.
    If you know what I'm saying
    Because I dont'

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I have stared at it a few times and pondered the EXACT same thing.

Haven't bit the bullet yet, though it should. I have been too busy biting sammiches instead and getting fat because work is hell.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »

The Americans is about people that look like Americans. I'm sorry but you are not white.

I did a quick tumble in the washing machine with like a quart of Clorox. Let's do this White America

• Options
    God damn it, now I'm all looking to see if a Sonic has been put closer to work lately.

• Options

Yeah the Nike+iPod native app on the iPhone, do I need the little shoe chip to work with it? Or the wristband, which I didn't know existed before right now? And is it worth it?

Also Dee i.e. turning exercise into points, @Beast! has me doing fitocracy, which is not perfect but serviceable. Just don't look at his profile because his workouts have like #texas points and they make me weep

I have a feeling I would squint so hard and bitterly at Beast's fitocracy.

• Options

I ate at a denny's once on thanksgiving

we went to my wife's aunt's house

she served us these tiny little portions because she had 3 small kids?

so I had like thirds and was still so hungry

worst thanksgiving

TERRORESEM

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I had the nearest of near misses on the drive home. Boo.

Thankfully, no cars actually collided.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.