Options

Francis Says Relax

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pope should be decided by...

ROBOT JOX

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    I have a theory that there is a connection between the Pope resigning and the Archbishop of Canterbury resigning.

Maybe they are secret lovers and they're just going to leave this whole damn world behind.

Please tell me someone has written this fanfiction already.

Cardinal Lust
    Benedict AKA Beni was just your average teen looking out for no one but himself. With his attitude all he wanted was to be the youngest Pope that Vatican High ever saw. However all this changed when he butted heads, and hearts, with the stuffy Arch-Bishi Rowan! Will one love survive under one church??? Warnings: M/M, yaoi, shonen, H/C, tort, toys **CHAPTER THREE IS UP**

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I feel sorry for the Pope and all old Catholic priests. Imagine having a wasted life to look back on and no sex.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    Resigning is actually kind of stupid. He was ordained by God. He's saying he knows better.

God told him to resign.

There's nothing God can't do!

God told him he was pope. His doctor told him to resign. He figured the doctor knew better!

This is how I take it.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Sassori wrote: »
    I have a theory that there is a connection between the Pope resigning and the Archbishop of Canterbury resigning.

Maybe they are secret lovers and they're just going to leave this whole damn world behind.

Please tell me someone has written this fanfiction already.

Cardinal Lust
    Benedict AKA Beni was just your average teen looking out for no one but himself. With his attitude all he wanted was to be the youngest Pope that Vatican High ever saw. However all this changed when he butted heads, and hearts, with the stuffy Arch-Bishi Rowan! Will one love survive under one church??? Warnings: M/M, yaoi, shonen, H/C, tort, toys **CHAPTER THREE IS UP**

It's like you are in my head.

And my heart.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I have a feeling the signal is going to be less "smoke from a chimney" and more "waves of blue lightning from an exhaust shaft."

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Hey guys did you know the Pope something something Palpatine haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Like the Lord Divine is a pretty omnipotent guy, it's true! But he's no doctor. Nobody who's ever been to medical school would attempt an amateur maneuver like making a woman out of a man's rib bone.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    My favourite joke so far has been "What do you call a Pope who resigns? Ex-Benedict"

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Will the next pope have lasers

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Some versions of the legend suggest that subsequent popes were subjected to an examination whereby, having sat on a dung chair containing a hole called sedia stercoraria, a cardinal had to reach up and establish that the new pope had testicles, before announcing "Duos habet et bene pendentes" ("He has two, and they dangle nicely"),[2] or "habet" ("he has 'em") for short.

• Options
    Will the next pope have lasers

If there's a scream preceding the white smoke, we'll know for sure.

• Options
    ZuelZuel Registered User regular
    Pope shmope

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Humj7rV.png

I would actually listen to the Pope's speeches if he had a voice like Ron Perlman.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    The Pope? The Pope never changes.

• Options
    C'mon Ron, the Hellboy makeup taking 4 hours I'll give ya but this is a sweet deal! All you have to put on is a robe and hat!

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I was going to make a joke about pontificating over who should be the next Pope, but then I read up on the etymology of the word.

Well played, Catholicism.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    So it looks like that under Canon Law, there's really nothing that prevents a Pope from resigning their post. It's just not something that's done.

I think the dude really is stepping down because of health reasons, and if so, good for him.

• Options
    Syphyre wrote: »
    So it looks like that under Canon Law, there's really nothing that prevents a Pope from resigning their post. It's just not something that's done.

I think the dude really is stepping down because of health reasons, and if so, good for him.

When I first heard about the Pope resigning it was kind of implied that it was for a scandalous reason and I was ready to get so furious if that was the case.

I'm sorry to hear that he's having health issues, but I'm relieved to know that's the reason why this is happening.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Oh my god

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

the prophesy for the next pope is
    112 Peter the Roman, who will Nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end.

THIS IS IT

Yeah, but
    The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos will be sewn from their passage. So sayeth the wise Alaundo.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Mario Balotelli's that Food Network chef, right

tumblr_m3et3nMDpb1r8mgjno1_500.jpg

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Is this the thread where I can just say the word "papist" over and over again? Because that's a really funny word.

papist papist papist papist

sig.gif
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Resigning is actually kind of stupid. He was ordained by God. He's saying he knows better.

God told him to resign.

There's nothing God can't do!

God told him he was pope. His doctor told him to resign. He figured the doctor knew better!

This is how I take it.

To be fair, if I guy shows up in a blue box in the middle of your papal apartment, you're more inclined to believe what he tells you versus some guy you've never seen.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Mario balotelli is the best dude. Just reading about some of his exploits makes me chuckle. He set off fireworks in his house, visited a women's prison just because, threw darts at youth players, gave a homeless man a thousand pounds, and when pulled over in his car and asked why he was carrying like 10,000 pounds in cash, he replied "because i am rich", among many other stories

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    but i just started following him on twitter!

no this is good, benedict honestly wasn't much of a pope

i hope the new guy is interesting

eagerly waiting to discover what pop culture figure he will most closely resemble

*crosses fingers* santa claus santa claus santa claus

sig.gif
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Also he's pretty good at the footballs.

• Options
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    It just this second occurred to me that the Crocopope from Futurama is probably a reference to that cartoon.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    In pope opinions, I really do hope the Catholic Church chooses someone a bit more progressive and liberal and actually takes into account current events. Still consider myself nominally catholic, but man, the positions they take on many issues is backwards as fuck. Chances of that are slim to none though, but a dude can dream

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options

I'm not you, dad.

sig.gif
  • Options
    lostwords wrote: »
    In pope opinions, I really do hope the Catholic Church chooses someone a bit more progressive and liberal and actually takes into account current events. Still consider myself nominally catholic, but man, the positions they take on many issues is backwards as fuck. Chances of that are slim to none though, but a dude can dream

Everyone was expecting someone much older and conservative the last time around. So I'm really curious to see if 8 years was enough time for them to want to try someone a little more liberal. Or at least a little more ecumenical.

That whole ridiculousness between the Papacy and the Nuns just made me so angry. So even something like that being resolved would be nice.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Is this the thread where I can just say the word "papist" over and over again? Because that's a really funny word.

papist papist papist papist

Oh no you'll summon him

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Him got banned

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    His hobby is making alts that last less than 5 minutes though.

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »

I'm not you, dad.

I don't want your life.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    President Obama for Pope, just to see the reaction from the people who think he's the devil.

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    President Obama for Pope, just to see the reaction from the people who think he's the devil.
    Plenty of non-Catholic Christians probably already think the Pope/Catholic Church is the devil.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    Plenty of non-Catholic Christians probably already think the Pope/Catholic Church is the devil.
    well, as a former catholic I can assure you that they follow the wrong teachings and you can dismiss the criticisms of a bunch of heretics easily.

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    K-Pope

This discussion has been closed.