As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Math [chat]

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Podiddly.

I like this.

And I don't often like things that aren't The Beatles.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    whatevs shaz it's still good teshno

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    also [chat] I give you 100 MINUTES OF INCREDIBLE TECHNO FOR FREE UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

http://www.mixcloud.com/spssky/spssky-february-2013-valentines-mix/

I'm going to listen to this because 1) It's Podly. 2) I, after 12 years, can finally turn the volume up really loud on my speakers without worrying about disturbing roommates or adjacent units.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    [chat] is very boozy

I don't often drink during the week but it does make it seem very inviting

I don't drink, ever.

It makes me uninterested in 90% of everyone's posts, always.

people who drink love it when this is how you tell them you don't drink btw

I am well aware of this. Actually, I am sorry I brought it up there.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    hmm wikipedia and .. some other site are giving me conflicting numbers for hong kong

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I haven't had Hoegaarden in a long time. Haven't had beer at home in a long time, though.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ME3
    Admiral Xen joins the Solarian Dalatress on my fecal list.

Freakin' space Gypsies!

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Hoegaarden misses you Sarks.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

I'm going to listen to this because 1) It's Podly. 2) I, after 12 years, can finally turn the volume up really loud on my speakers without worrying about disturbing roommates or adjacent units.

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    Hoegaarden misses you Sarks.

Whores don't miss their johns.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    emnmnme wrote: »
    ME3

Freakin' space Gypsies!

one of the Quarians in ME2 was voiced by Claudia Black. Does she return in ME3?

(I don't think it was the name in the spoiler, but it has been a long time since I played ME2)

Tamin on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    sup folks

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2013
    sup folks

Stress is inescapable.

How are you?

Shivahn on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    ME3
    To me, all three of the generals have defensible points in their arguments, in descending order: the colonialist, the ai-lover, the irredentist

the last one being just a fucking stupid romanticist, but still

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    There are 50 million Quarians.
    There are 2 billion Geth linked via a collective consciousness.

The math does not work out.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    ME3

Freakin' space Gypsies!

(I don't think it was the name in the spoiler, but it has been a long time since I played ME2)

You mean Admiral Raan, and yeah she is back in this one. She's the moderate Admiral. There is a reasonable admiral who is pro-peace with the Geth, a psychotic mad scientist admiral, and a super warmonger admiral as well. I'm not there yet, but I have a feeling if the player tries to broker peace between the Quarian and Geth she will come around. She doesn't like the Geth, but she is highly pro-Shepard.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »
    ME3

Freakin' space Gypsies!

You mean Admiral Raan, and yeah she is back in this one. She's the moderate Admiral. There is a reasonable admiral who is pro-peace with the Geth, a psychotic mad scientist admiral, and a super warmonger admiral as well. I'm not there yet, but I have a feeling if the player tries to broker peace between the Quarian and Geth she will come around. She doesn't like the Geth, but she is highly pro-Shepard.

She's Claudia Black. I'd side with her just because of Farscape, ignoring her character's position.

probably.

• Options
    Also, regardless of whatever stupid endings they did for ME3, ME4 should be space adventures with EDI the super robot.

She's the best character in the game.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    ok im back with 1) 3 packs of beef jerky, 2) cheez its, 3) pistachios, 4) cashews 5) breath savers 6) twix 7) ICE CREAM SANDWICH

i can expense dinner for travel and that is what is available at a holiday inn express in middle of nowhere rhode island

poo
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The fourth and most worthless Admiral
    Admiral Raan just sits back and lets Shepard rock the boat, the fucking coward

GOLLY DESPITE THE INSANITY OF FRONTALLY-ASSAULTING AN INFINITELY MORE POWERFUL SPECIES, I GUESS I SHOULD WAIT AND SEE HOW THIS BATTLE GOES

I understand she is necessary, plot-wise, to have a generic exposition character, but still, Tali and her ilk should be ashamed of her passive condonement of the irredentist general's insane bullshit

Eddy on
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Hmm.

The more North Korea fucks around the more I can feel the old blood lust rising.

Not sure how I feel about that. Probably not good.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    do it to it, shaz

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    i'm going to go to a thing where MFA students will pitch me their novels tomorrow

i think it's going to be stressful but more so for them

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

GOLLY DESPITE THE INSANITY OF FRONTALLY-ASSAULTING AN INFINITELY MORE POWERFUL SPECIES, I GUESS I SHOULD WAIT AND SEE HOW THIS BATTLE GOES

this depresses me, but only slightly, seeing as I'll likely never play the game.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    sup folks

Stress is inescapable.

How are you?

consoling a fiancee with incredible neck/back pain

and interested in this "quake" (nuke test) in Best Korea that happened earlier

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Hmm.

The more North Korea fucks around the more I can feel the old blood lust rising.

Not sure how I feel about that. Probably not good.

Are they going forward with the nuke test?

• Options

Yes, she made a mistake. I don't see how that makes her "the most worthless admiral".

That's like calling Kenedy "the most worthless justice." Because he sometimes swings right.

You're overlooking how fuckawful Scalia, Thomas, and Alito are.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    north korea tested a nuke?

• Options
    I want beef jerky

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

@variable

So I can find it when I'm home tomorrow instead of on my phone.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    i'm going to go to a thing where MFA students will pitch me their novels tomorrow

i think it's going to be stressful but more so for them

We had something like this at the end of the academic portion of our program.

Only it was more five different publishers talking about how much the long tail of the market is going to fuck us in the ass and that they aren't looking for unsolicited submissions.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Also, regardless of whatever stupid endings they did for ME3, ME4 should be space adventures with EDI the super robot.

She's the best character in the game.

For a being with no bones at all, she certainly has a backbone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZnWyCVWyCk

• Options
    [chat] you're getting that primo sneak peak, I'm not officially "releasing" it until tomorrow morning

at which point my carefully curated guido social networkz will explode in untzes

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    sup folks

Stress is inescapable.

How are you?

consoling a fiancee with incredible neck/back pain

and interested in this "quake" (nuke test) in Best Korea that happened earlier

Woah what.

I didn't know that. That is a thing.

• Options
    I didn't think you could @ yourself.

@Sarksus

• Options
    Nothing happened!

• Options
    edited February 2013

Yes, she made a mistake. I don't see how that makes her "the most worthless admiral".

That's like calling Kenedy "the most worthless justice." Because he sometimes swings right.

You're overlooking how fuckawful Scalia, Thomas, and Alito are.

I'm saying she's worthless because she presents absolutely nothing to the game apart from neutral exposition vehicle. This neutrality manifests as a very, very pointed weakness in a military hierarchy that is apparently entirely made up by these four people. At least the other three admirals have strong convictions, wrong or right.

Eddy on
  • Options
    But overall, the Quarian's racial trait is pretty much "Make snap judgements, overreact and make poor decisions, overcompensate for poor decisions with worse decisions."

Tali is special because she's not a fucking idiot.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I didn't think you could @ yourself.

Sarksus

I mean, you can, but I don't think you actually get a notification.

This discussion has been closed.