As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lara Croft and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    More along the lines of getting bum rushed.

thats what the dodge counter is for

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I can't even imagine how hard this game would be if you don't grab the dodge counters ASAP

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I can't even imagine how hard this game would be if you don't grab the dodge counters ASAP

Not very, I didn't use them all that much unless a boss battle called for it

If you dodge an attack while aiming, you'll come out of the dodge already aiming at whoever attacked you so you can shoot them

No bonus XP, but same general outcome

• Options
    you can also cripple dudes by shooting them in the knees which leaves them open for a finisher

the dodge counters are much more satisfying though

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I never got the timing right to do the dodge instakill reliably, so I would end up doing the dodge arrow in the calf move three times per guy before the indicator to finish them would come up.

It got to just be simpler to shoot them four times with the assault rifle to kill them instead. God that thing does a ton of damage fully upgraded.

• Options
    150cc150cc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bottom line dudes, is this worth me spending $60 now, or should I just wait. Actually, given that it's a Square game, they'll keep it $60 for as long as they possibly can.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    this game is fukken radical, so I think that you should buy it

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So far I've put 2 hours into this game and it is absolutely breathtaking in every way.

• Options
    150cc150cc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sounds like we have a winner then.

The only bad thing I have heard anyone say about it is that they wish there were more puzzles, but if that's the worst thing you can say, then it's probably a very good game.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It's in Redboxes, that's how I'm playing it

It's cost me about 6 dollars so far and I'm almost done

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Goddammit where the fuck is the last totem

• Options
    there's one in the clearing at the very very first part of the game, where you find the radio.

Like if you go to the first fast travel camp and then backtrack there to the dead end, there's one there. That might be the one you are missing?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm going to be able to fast travel around everywhere after the end game, right?

I don't want to be hunting for totems and shit now, I'd rather just be playing the game and worrying about collectibles later.

• Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    there's one in the clearing at the very very first part of the game, where you find the radio.

Like if you go to the first fast travel camp and then backtrack there to the dead end, there's one there. That might be the one you are missing?

Nah, it was the one under the bridge in the second area, finally found it

Now I'm searching for bird eggs. It's a weird design decision that the items don't stop glowing yellow even after you've looted them

• Options
    I'm going to be able to fast travel around everywhere after the end game, right?

I don't want to be hunting for totems and shit now, I'd rather just be playing the game and worrying about collectibles later.

yes you can fast travel to any campsite after the story ends

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I was banking on that but I figured I would check.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

yes you can fast travel to any campsite after the story ends

It should be noted you can only fast travel from specific camps, not every camp fire you rest at

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Finished this off tonight
    I imagine I'm not the only one that saw Whitman trying to get in league with the Solari from the beginning, fuck that guy.

The final climb to the ritual area and the dual-wielding finale? Yeah! YEAH!

As for the supernatural element, I couldn't really see any alternative as I poured through the documents, and by the end I had managed to accept that this is how this game rolls. At least it wasn't some Professor Layton-esque revelation.

An amazing game overall, I'm so relieved it turned out that way in the end.
    To be fair, supernatural shenanigans are a pretty integral part of the whole Tomb Raider series. Personally, I'd have been sad to see em ditch it.
    Yeah, I'd heard that, I was just treating the game with a clean slate.

• Options
    up to 92% complete, just have the beach and it's connected areas left.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    If I'm hearing nothing but bad reviews for Infinite I'll probably end up getting this instead.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I was at 79% upon finishing, I found all of the documents and most of the relics, I don't know if I really care about those GPS caches.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So I just killed
    FeeFee the Crab
    and now I feel a little terrible.

• Options
    I was at 79% upon finishing, I found all of the documents and most of the relics, I don't know if I really care about those GPS caches.

the GPS caches are super easy because of the maps

it's the challenges that are difficult to get

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I'm having trouble getting a GPS cache in the Summit Forest

It looks like I have to go down this cavern slide and then jump at a rock wall in this little nook near a waterfall but I must not have the timing right because I'm not getting even close to the wall when I jump, or miss the jump completely when I get too close to the bottom

• Options
    I'm having trouble getting a GPS cache in the Summit Forest

It looks like I have to go down this cavern slide and then jump at a rock wall in this little nook near a waterfall but I must not have the timing right because I'm not getting even close to the wall when I jump, or miss the jump completely when I get too close to the bottom

that is what you have to do, and it took me a few times to get the jump right

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    That is an awesome little gameplay callback to the first two Tomb Raider games

Slide-jumping was a way of life in those games

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Are you remembering to press X to grab the wall?

broken image link
  • Options
    Yeah I was, just now got it, my timing was off

This game is so great

• Options

the GPS caches are super easy because of the maps

it's the challenges that are difficult to get

I know they're easy, but relics and documents had more tangible rewards, and I don't have anything I want to unlock with XP any more.

Maybe I'll jump back in because of the enjoyable core gameplay, but I'm not immediately driven to 100% the story.

• Options
    I AM GOING TO 100% EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME

• Options
    The GPS caches actually lead to a couple of documents with some (very loose, very vague) hints for the sequel

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    The GPS caches actually lead to a couple of documents with some (very loose, very vague) hints for the sequel

elaborate

• Options
    Some shadowy organization that investigated the island before Lara's crew got there. "Trinity," which is in the running for the blandest conspiracy group ever

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Guys stop saying good things about this game
    once I get my Xbox back I'll have enough on my plate as it is

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

you need to play this game

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Whoa look at this new bow!

• Options
    One of these tombs just took me way too much time to figure out

I'm Dante and I'm the biggest idiot ever

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Which one was it, UV?

Because if it's the one I'm thinking of, then you're not alone.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

you need to play this game

shaddup

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Which one was it, UV?

Because if it's the one I'm thinking of, then you're not alone.

The third one