As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

State of the Union 2013 - One Nation Under Cops

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    ¡apesta! indeed

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I'm just going to respond to everything with a futurama quote for a while.

Awesome. Awesome to the max.

sorry I only have normal awesome and agree. I'll PM Tube for an Awesome to the Max button.

PM to Tube: What if...that thing I said!

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    dorner confirmed alive in cuba with tupac

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Reports that someone attempted to leave the cabin but wasn't able to.

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    odds on this being the lead topic in Obama's speech

theonion.com/articles/sweating-obama-admits-drone-strikes-have-been-happ,31219/

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Reports that someone attempted to leave the cabin but wasn't able to.

tch

damn timeshares

EzUAYcn.png
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    The condition that an operational leader present an 'imminent' threat of violent attack against the United States does not require the United States to have clear evidence that a specific attack on U.S. persons and interests will take place in the immediate future.

From the Obama Justice Department memo on extrajudicial assassination of American citizens. This isn't horrifyingly vague at all!

jkZziGc.png
    I wouldn't be surprised if Obama makes a really vague argument for drone strikes in general but fails to acknowledge concerns about specific incidents or conditional discretion.

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Petition to change thread title to "One Nation Under Drones"

zkHcp.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/02/12/authorities-responding-to-big-bear-home-on-report-of-hostage-situation-unknown-if-connected-to-dorner/
    A shot was also fired around that time, and sources tell CBS2′s Juan Fernandez that tracks were found leading to a horse corral, which may mean Dorner was able to escape.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

Kadith wrote: »

Filibustered.

Filibustered.

I don't even know what that means

• KadithKadith Registered User regular

Filibustered.

Typical liberal tactics.

zkHcp.jpg
    It means no.

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular

Filibustered.

How American of you.

jkZziGc.png
    losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/02/12/authorities-responding-to-big-bear-home-on-report-of-hostage-situation-unknown-if-connected-to-dorner/
    A shot was also fired around that time, and sources tell CBS2′s Juan Fernandez that tracks were found leading to a horse corral, which may mean Dorner was able to escape.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

is this for real

did Dorner really rustle someone's horse and ride off into the california desert like fucking butch cassidy

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN

people have been throwing around false information on this all day, I've seen like 300 variations of this "report" made up in forum posts alone. There's no actual evidence that 1: it is him and 2: that this happened. Propagating unchecked information (much like the news media does) is not beneficial.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    so Dorner is... he's pretty much Rambo

this is First Blood as fuck

Dorner confirmed to be Joseph Kony, confirmed as saying he was "doing it for the kids"

Pharezon wrote: »

Filibustered.

How American of you.

Thanks, I try to do my part.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    a couple of my LIEberal hipster facebook friends were having an argument that consisted entirely of

a succession of shady blog articles about how either the government WAS or WASN'T using drones to hunt down dorner and THIS IS IT POLICE STATE FIRST MY GUNS NOW ROBOT WATCHDOGS

I need to do something about facebook, I think.

Depressperado on
  • BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    state of the union: watch a bunch of racists try to burn a black man alive on tv

sig-1.jpg
    Berk wrote: »
    state of the union: watch a bunch of racists try to burn a black man alive on tv

no I think the dorner thing is gonna be over before the SotU starts

Berk wrote: »

no I think the dorner thing is gonna be over before the SotU starts
    "The spree killer has holed up in a blood-drenched building surrounded by armed police" -- Wolf Blitzer reporting on the State of the Union

jkZziGc.png
    a couple of my LIEberal hipster facebook friends were having an argument that consisted entirely of

a succession of shady blog articles about how either the government WAS or WASN'T using drones to hunt down dorner and THIS IS IT POLICE STATE FIRST MY GUNS NOW ROBOT WATCHDOGS

Well I can't really blame anyone for getting alarmed if they think their government is moving the military against their own people.

Well, drones ARE coming to the homeland rather soon.

jkZziGc.png
    looks like we're about to get underway

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Hmmm. I wonder if this will be worth staying up for.

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    today someone on my facebook shared an image that said "when the government's boot is on your throat it doesn't matter if it's a left boot or a right boot" and then i blocked all future updates from that person

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Man, all the rituals around this are weird.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Trying to view this in various ways since my PC died. I've now seen the Supreme Court introduced four times. Beginning to wonder how live this is.

• Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    President Chu!

Man, all the rituals around this are weird.

whole place is full of crazy people

• FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    I'm a big fan of the guy that keeps actually enunciating "YAY" while people are applauding

ETqXK.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    All present?
    Commence the pre-SOTU circlejerk.
    President Incoming.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    The dead eyed faces of the scotus and jcos are my favorite. They are on another plane of existence.

jkZziGc.png
  • Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    I would not be happy walking in since I cannot stand people stopping to chat while walking into a place. I need to get to my seat, move it Kerry!

MIS-TER SPEAK-ERRRRRRRRR

everybody get your bingo cards ready

Some poor lady is losing it.
    Or being sacrificed to dark gods off screen.

VayBJ4e.png
This discussion has been closed.