As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts

PxDn NinjaPxDn Ninja Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Games and Technology
So, I'm reading the latest EGM I beleive and they have a very short panel about something quite interesting. Supposedly, SquareEnix and Disney have allowed Nintendo into the mix. Sora and friends are going to be visiting Mario and all the Nintendo characters in the next installment of Kingdom Hearts, being released exclusivly on the Wii (no shock there with this bit of information).

I personally think it will be cool to have the Nintendo characters joining the fray, and that is saying a lot coming from me. I am known by my friends to get sick of Nintendo throwing the same characters in every game they make (all the Mario sports titles for one, Smash Brothers for another) but this time it might actually work. What is everyones opinion on this?

PxDn Ninja on

• Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

April fools.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    lol punk'd

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    So when does Sonic the Hedgehog and the Real Ghostbusters show up?

Einhander on
  • Options
    DameonBrassDameonBrass Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    hopefully this won't take as long to clear up as that gd LOTR Kart Racer scam

DameonBrass on
    Formatted for this board by placing it on a piece of wood and banging a few nails through it...
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    April Fools or not, the concept is awesome, and what I was getting at more or less. Granted on a reread, it did sound more noobish than I had originally thought. All flames on that accepted.

PxDn Ninja on
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I would buy it if it was real.

I dont see why it is a ludicrous idea that it could be real.

If this story came out in May I would believe it 100%.

I mean shit, it is the perfect match up.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Agreed. When my roommate mentioned the article, my first thought was "what month is it?" and realized it was april, and sad. Maybe Square will read the article and like the idea. lol yeah right.

PxDn Ninja on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    PxDn Ninja wrote: »
    So, I'm reading the latest EGM I beleive and they have a very short panel about something quite interesting. Supposedly, SquareEnix and Disney have allowed Nintendo into the mix. Sora and friends are going to be visiting Mario and all the Nintendo characters in the next installment of Kingdom Hearts, being released exclusivly on the Wii (no shock there with this bit of information).

I personally think it will be cool to have the Nintendo characters joining the fray, and that is saying a lot coming from me. I am known by my friends to get sick of Nintendo throwing the same characters in every game they make (all the Mario sports titles for one, Smash Brothers for another) but this time it might actually work. What is everyones opinion on this?

You're like, 3 weeks late on this joke.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sigh. I cannot wait for April 2nd. The internet just gets so stupid this time of year.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Not surprising. I don't read the magazines as soon as I get them. My job keeps me way to busy.

PxDn Ninja on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bitstream wrote: »
    Sigh. I cannot wait for April 2nd. The internet just gets so stupid this time of year.
    Unfortunately, April Fool's Day jokes in the form of news have a nasty habit of lingering for years.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Vegan wrote: »
    Unfortunately, April Fool's Day jokes in the form of news have a nasty habit of lingering for years.

MY FREND TOLD ME I CULD GET SONIC IN SMASH BROTHERS

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »

Up, down, left, right, A,B,C, Start.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007

DOES HE WEAR A PROTON PACK???

So, what other April Fools jokes from recent memory have been noteworthy? The only magazine one I remember was the LotR Kart Racer.

Einhander on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Einhander wrote: »

So, what other April Fools jokes from recent memory have been noteworthy? The only magazine one I remember was the LotR Kart Racer.
    My personal favorite was Blizzard announcing adding Panderans to WoW. I knew it was a gag, but damn if I didn't want it to be true.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    Mr PeepersMr Peepers Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wind Waker with realistic graphics as a TP pre-order bonus.

GameSpot had a few good articles.. A couple were about a kid killing turtles after playing Super Mario Bros. and another was about a remake of the Metal Gear Solid remake.

Mr Peepers on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Behold!

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man it's not even april. That shit is lame.

Noray on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Rehab wrote: »

Behold!

Damn, that's almost as good as the Microsoft iPod 2006 Human Ear Edition.

Einhander on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pimps at Sea.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Rehab wrote: »

Behold!

Damn, that's almost as good as the Microsoft iPod 2006 Human Ear Edition.

The hell? I've never even heard of that one.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm still trying to get Sheng Long in Street Fighter 2.

The funny thing is, over the years, Ken has been getting more and more like the pics and description of Sheng Long, complete with ponytail and flaming Shoryuken.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    As I said in the last April Fools Thread, the funniest April Fools jokes I've seen are probably the Homestar Runner ones and Pandaren Express.

"I've found the problem guys! Turns out someone stuck swiss cake rolls in the disk drive!"

BiggNife on
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't understand people who hate April Fool's with a passion. Do you hate fun?

It's interesting to see the various creative ideas people came up with; I loved the fake "The More You Know" ads on NBC last year.

Taximes on
  • Options
    LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    hopefully this won't take as long to clear up as that gd Sonic and Tails in SSBM scam

LordOfMeep on
    SpaceGarSig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Taximes wrote: »
    I don't understand people who hate April Fool's with a passion. Do you hate fun?

It's interesting to see the various creative ideas people came up with; I loved the fake "The More You Know" ads on NBC last year.
    I don't hate April Fool's in general, but I certainly hate internet/gaming news outlets. There's a difference between a funny prank (those NBC promos) and just spouting crap for the sake of laughing at the saps who buy it (SONIC IN SSBM OMG).

That said, I desperately want Mushroom Kingdom Hearts to be real. I guess that's part of what I hate too; there's always one "prank" that I end up really liking, and I know it'll never actually happen.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dear Gaming Magazines,

Contrary to popular belief, April Fool's Day, does in fact occur in April. I don't care if your publication is on a one or two month production schedule. Moreover, all this does is cock up your supposed gags because the vocal minority of subscribers are too daft to realize that perhaps "SUPER COOL FAKE PROJECT" is a prank. If you're going to April Fool's someone, try using your goddamn website on April 1st and not on paper in the middle of March. Fuckwads.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Dear Gaming Magazines,

Contrary to popular belief, April Fool's Day, does in fact occur in April. I don't care if your publication is on a one or two month production schedule. Moreover, all this does is cock up your supposed gags because the vocal minority of subscribers are too daft to realize that perhaps "SUPER COOL FAKE PROJECT" is a prank. If you're going to April Fool's someone, try using your goddamn website on April 1st and not on paper in the middle of March. Fuckwads.
    Amen, brother!

Bitstream on
  • Options
    KrizKriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    if Wii becomes much more popular than Playstation 3 in Japan, then Kingdom Hearts 3 might make the jump to Nintendo, but it would be the standard Square Enix and Disney characters.

Kriz on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Kriz wrote: »
    if Wii becomes much more popular than Playstation 3 in Japan, then Kingdom Hearts 3 might make the jump to Nintendo, but it would be the standard Square Enix and Disney characters.

I thought the Wii was more popular than the PS3 in Japan. I could very well be wrong, just thought I read that somewhere.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So when does Sonic the Hedgehog and the Real Ghostbusters show up?

I'd just like to say that this would be the raddest game ever.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Axen wrote: »

I thought the Wii was more popular than the PS3 in Japan. I could very well be wrong, just thought I read that somewhere.

It probably is.

I remember reading an interview with Tetsuya Nomura where he said that they were going to put Kingdom Hearts on the Gamecube, but the Playstation 2 had a larger marketshare, and they wanted it on the most popular console.

Kriz on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Axen wrote: »

It probably is. :roll:

I remember reading an interview with Tetsuya Nomura where he said that they were going to put Kingdom Hearts on the Gamecube, but the Playstation 2 had a larger marketshare, and they wanted it on the most popular console.

Kriz on