As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Holy crap!] It's another WOOT-OFF!

• Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Nabbed it, I need to upgrade from my dinky 128-er. I just hope all the info is right given it's my first from them.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Woo...sold out, and up next is....a Compaq laptop. I'm thinking it might be safe to go to bed now.

twmjr on
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    laptop looks like a good internet/word processor laptop. Not a bad price either.

Veevee on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    its a compaq. I wouldn't touch those things. I heard a story about some of their internal engineering work and sufficient to say I won't buy one. This was years ago and they've improved some. It might be an alright laptop but I have a cheap laptop already.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Done. Next is...

Polaroid 8 MP camera. Meh.

EDIT: Never said it was, hence the "meh". And on this note, I'm hitting the sack for real after testing Dosbox .70. G'night.

Sorenson on
  • Options
    Gotcha ForceGotcha Force Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sorenson wrote: »
    Done. Next is...

Polaroid 8 MP camera. Meh.

A canon powershot low end will beat the tar out of this camera. This is no no way "well priced"

Gotcha Force on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Its $144.61 on buy.com, so its not a bad price for the camera

And as high as $200 when searching by Froogle

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Holy shit, the projector they got now is about $300 off normal market price.

Veevee on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Veevee wrote: »

Oh, man, I want it but I really can't justify spending $400 right now.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Problem though is that it needs an HD tuner to display HD signals, and then its only at 480p.

Its the perfect Wii display!

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Problem though is that it needs an HD tuner to display HD signals, and then its only at 480p.

Man, fuck tuners, broadcast TV is shitty anyway.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

It's a DLP and thus you'll have to deal with a significant offset. Installation flexibility is not its strong suit.

Great price for a good projector. It's a few years behind the times, but it's servicable.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yep, if I wanted to spend the cash that's a great deal but while I'd like a projector I wouldn't like it enough to spend much money on it at all.

Damn it, wanted to see what was next but I don't think I'm going to be able to.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DamionDamion Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    *Yawn*

I'd buy this right now if it had at least 720p.

next woot please.

Damion on
    damionitc.png
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Dammit, not another Woot-off. I hate these things because they appeal to my Impulse Buyicus muscle. :(

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Lunker wrote: »
    Dammit, not another Woot-off. I hate these things because they appeal to my Impulse Buyicus muscle. :(

Flex it.

Six on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Flex it.

Yeah, buy 3 of these projectors so we can move this woot along

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Flex it.

This is a really tough impulse buy. I imagine it'll be up for a while.

Six on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Flex it.

This is a really tough impulse buy. I imagien it'll be up for a while.

gave me time to pre-enter my information in case a BoC comes up.

Oh, and here goes hour 26 of wakefullness.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Flex it.

Your dedication is admirable.

Six on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    It might be a bit of a spoiler and might ruin the fun but sometimes I wish they had like a little icon or something of what the next Woot might be in a mini box somewhere off to the side, kind of like tetris, but again, it might just ruin the fun...

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Flex it.

Your dedication is admirable.

no, this is actually the 4th or 5th hour of watching the woot, its just I'm now going through a bought of insomnia. It just helps (or hurts, can't tell which) that a woot is now in effect.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Flex it.
    But it's so sore from this past month! That's why I now own a PSP and, like, seven games for it.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Flex it.
    But it's so sore from this past month! That's why I now own a PSP and, like, seven games for it.

Work it, baby.

The worst thing for the impulse buy muscle is going to get your tires changed at Costco. "You're all set, we should have you all fixed up in..oh, about an hour an a half. You can go wait in the store."

Fuckers.

*munches a taquito*

Six on
  • Options
    DamionDamion Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    huh?

it went back to the iRiver Clix 2GB Media Player ...

I'll buy that htib if it comes back up.

EDIT never mind the Infocus is back

Damion on
    damionitc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    and the projector is back

Veevee on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hmm, I'd be interested in this projector, if I hadn't already got one from woot a few weeks ago. This one's a little cheaper, but it's a refurb, which lowers my interest.

That reminds me, I really need to send in that rebate for the one I DID get.

Oh well, I'll be keeping an eye on this wootoff today. Not really looking for anything in particular, but maybe I'll see something cool.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    archonwarparchonwarp Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    480p = the shit. As far as projectors go, it's completely fine. You won't see pixels unless you're actually looking for them. DVDs are 480p, and very few people bitch about those. IMHO, the idea of how amazing/necessary HDTV is to own must be something generated by the corporate hype machine. I have the cinego (radioshack 'crappy'? projector) from woot, and it looks gorgeous. Trust me, once you play DDR on a 90 inch screen, you'll never go back!

TLDR: Buy 3, hurry this up!

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    archonwarp wrote: »
    480p = the shit. As far as projectors go, it's completely fine. You won't see pixels unless you're actually looking for them. DVDs are 480p, and very few people bitch about those. IMHO, the idea of how amazing/necessary HDTV is to own must be something generated by the corporate hype machine. I have the cinego (radioshack 'crappy'? projector) from woot, and it looks gorgeous. Trust me, once you play DDR on a 90 inch screen, you'll never go back!

I beg to differ. 480p is good, but there is a very noticable upgrade for 720p and up. I can't stand playing my 360 on an SDTV now that I got an LCD TV with 720p.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    archonwarparchonwarp Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    480p =/= SDTV

It's EDTV
    Erectile Dysfunction Television

At least 1.5 times better looking.

archonwarp on
    873342-1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    DHS Odium wrote: »

I beg to differ. 480p is good, but there is a very noticable upgrade for 720p and up. I can't stand playing my 360 on an SDTV now that I got an LCD TV with 720p.

That is true, but in projector land, 480p is very good looking. And the fact that 720p is rather expensive and 1080p is forget about it expensive for projectors doesn't help.

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    DHS Odium wrote: »

I have played games on both a 480p projector (actually, 480i, since it was using s-video cables at the time) on a six-foot screen and a 720p LCD screen of 30" or so (with the proper hookups and resolution settings, of course). I'd pick the projector any day of the week.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    The difference between a 480p projector and a 720p projector is very noticeable, especially with HD content.

That said, this is still a pretty good value if you're on a really tight budget.

Gaming at 116" is a lot of fun.

Six on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    WVGA = fuck that.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh god somebody buy this projector please

whuppins on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    480p =/= SDTV

It's EDTV
    Erectile Dysfunction Television

At least 1.5 times better looking.
    Actually, according to the official ATSC formats, 480p is considered a standard-def signal. Pretty much anything below 720p is considered SDTV. EDTV is simply a term used by television manufacturers to differentiate between a set that only displays standard NTSC video and one that can also display a 16x9 480p signal.

Also, I feel like this projector will never run out. It seems like the limit of these things as that orange bar approaches zero equals infinity.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Hey, anyone have links to other auto-updating Woot watchers? The benwells.org one is dead now.

Lunker on
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hey, anyone have links to other auto-updating Woot watchers? The benwells.org one is dead now.

I don't think I've ever hit one that's been reliable for a long period of time. They all seem to crap out after a few items, and stay dead for a few.

Aoi on
  • Options
    KarfKarf The Past Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Projector... almost.. gone...

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So, earphones.... meh

Only 15 bucks, though, maybe they'll go fast.

whuppins on