As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sid Meier's Civ III: Complete

Peter PrinciplePeter Principle Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I just got CivIII: Complete version, and want to update it to get the most recent version. What do I use to do this? The Civ III patch or the Civ III: Play the World Patch or the Civ III: Conquests patch?

"A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by minding other people's business." - Eric Hoffer, _The True Believer_
Peter Principle on

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't have an answer, but when I bought Civ 3 Gold (Pre-conquests), I couldn't patch it. Any version of the patch would muck up my install, so I just left it unpatched.

Nova_C on
  • Peter PrinciplePeter Principle Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    How would it mess up your install?

Peter Principle on
    "A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by minding other people's business." - Eric Hoffer, _The True Believer_
  • DoronronDoronron Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    According to the Civfanatics FAQ on Civ III: Complete, the install is fully up to date. No patches are necessary.

Doronron on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    How would it mess up your install?

Because the only two patches at the time were for either Civ III or the Play the World Expansion, which Civ III included, but was different from. So if I used the Civ III patch, I lost the Play the World Expansion. If I used the Play the World patch, I lost the extras for having Civ III gold.

Nova_C on