As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shugenja Suggestions (D&D 3.5)

Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Critical Failures
Hey guys,

I hope this isn't against the rules, but I haven't seen any rule against it, so I'm sure you guys will kick my ass if I'm wrong.

But anyways,

Starting a new campaign and decided to go for a Human Shugenja (Complete Divine), whose primary role will be the party's healer.

Basically the thing about Shugenjas are that they are a pretty neat class to start with, but offer nothing really in the long run, so I'm looking for suggestions for a PrC or dual class that would complement the Shugenja well.

Currently I'm leaning towards Sacred Fist, as it fits thematically (two asian-themed classes) and helps round out my character, giving him some red-mage like versatilaty. The problem though is stat distribution, with Shugenjas being Charisma-based and Sacred Fists needing... well.. pretty much everything else (except intel).

The other option is Void Disciple, which is the "natural" PrC for a Shugenja it seems, though I worry that it's more of a "gimmick" class and not sure how useful it is.

So, any advice?

My stats so far are pretty good (none under 10) with emphasis on Charisma and Dex (both 16) so far. My first two feats are Combat Casting and Augment Healing.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
Romantic Undead on

• Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe the Pimp My DND Character thread, located on the first page here in Of Dice And Men, would be of help to you.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So, any advice?

First, Post in the right thread. I might have something for you later, it's been awhile since I've really looked at the Shugenja.

Edit CURSE YOU SALT!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thanks guys, I figured you guys would have a thread like that, but I didn't spot it, reposting! sorry!

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531